31 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

Isn't that what the bread knives are for? 🗡️

That's butter knives.. You don't want to use a good bread knife for a screwdriver.. hehehe

Plus one slip and you could cut your arm or anything wide open with a bread knife.. hehehe

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

That's butter knives.. You don't want to use a good bread knife for a screwdriver.. hehehe

Plus one slip and you could cut your arm or anything wide open with a bread knife.. hehehe

Mmh good point but I have used a bread knife on occasion since it was the only thing clean and it was a tiny philips (star) screw that a butter knife wasn't grasping proper.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

Mmh good point but I have used a bread knife on occasion since it was the only thing clean and it was a tiny philips (star) screw that a butter knife wasn't grasping proper.

I just really love my bread knife and would really tear into someone if I caught them doing that with it.. lol

24 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

Right, and steak knives are for popping a hole in lids that are too tight. 🔪 

Edited by Persephone Emerald
  • Haha 2

Peeve: "Drop it!" doesn't work well when your dog has something in their mouth, or when you want someone to change the subject.

ETA: Both dogs managed to scavenge some bones on one of our morning walks today..they ate the bones without any apparent injury (choking, poking, etc.).

Edited by Love Zhaoying
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

37 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Peeve: "Drop it!" doesn't work well when your dog has something in their mouth, or when you want someone to change the subject.

ETA: Both dogs managed to scavenge some bones on one of our morning walks today..they ate the bones without any apparent injury (choking, poking, etc.).

Chicken bones are the tricky ones, with how they splinter.. We had one of our dogs one time get into some chicken and swallowed some of the bones after chewing them and had to take it to the vet.. They seen that some of it had splintered and got stuck inside..

They told us to feed the dog beef and rice and that should push it through.. We let him out one time to go.. You could tell when it came out, because he let out a heck of a bark..Then was just happy as could be and active again..

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Ceka Cianci said:

Chicken bones are the tricky ones, with how they splinter.. We had one of our dogs one time get into some chicken and swallowed some of the bones after chewing them and had to take it to the vet.. They seen that some of it had splintered and got stuck inside..

They told us to feed the dog beef and rice and that should push it through.. We let him out one time to go.. You could tell when it came out, because he let out a heck of a bark..Then was just happy as could be and active again..

Frozen beef marrow bones are ok. NOT cooked beef marrow bones, because of the splintering. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Too bad Kmart went out of business (all stores in my area are closed, at least).

I was looking through their commercials and they have some really wild ones too.. This one Halloween one had to just scared the daylights out of adults and kids.. It was like a really creepy horror movie, like the ring kind of horror.. lol

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, Rat Luv said:

-

Ohhh what did I miss?

Edited to add, I get it now! 

LOL.

(I wouldn't ever steal anything worth less than £1 million, but I do think it is a shame that we need to have anti-theft on chocolates now as well as meat. A sign of the C-O-L times.)

Edited by Marigold Devin
C-O-L = cost of living
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Peeve: Finally realizing a thread is yet another "men vs. women" topic.

Yup, and mostly discussed by women, while most men are wise enough to not enter the discussion, what's new?

2 minutes ago, Sid Nagy said:

Yup, and mostly discussed by women, while most men are wise enough to not enter the discussion, what's new?

If you think that women are getting it "wrong" (which is entirely possible!) then jump in and correct them! You're the expert, not us!

My own observations are carefully couched with qualifications and caveats for that reason: I only know what I've seen, from a distant and very particular vantage point. I'd be interested in hearing what men say. In fact, that's surely the point of the OP? I'd genuinely love to hear what men say about this.

And I'm in no position to tell you that you're wrong if you disagree with me or anyone else in the thread!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2