Just now, Coffee Pancake said:

Peeve .. there is no way to tell someone who's learnt English as a second language that their patchy reading and comprehension skills are making them see hostility everywhere.

That's a good one, we've seen them here who start to call people liars, etc.

Peeve: Looks at the side bar and see's she is the fourth top poster in this thread.

How, when half the time I'm not even here and have to catch up pages at a time on most days?!! \o/

hehehe

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Coffee Pancake said:

Peeve .. there is no way to tell someone who's learnt English as a second language that their patchy reading and comprehension skills are making them see hostility everywhere.

I think the best approach is to cut them some slack and recognize that their English skills are probably way better than your skills in their language. I'm generally pleased that anyone would participate in a forum like this if s/he had to read and write in a foreign language. I'm not that brave myself.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:
19 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

Pet Peeve:  The mind distorts when the mission is to "get ya".

Oh, congrats! How big a fish did you catch?

When you go fishin one thinks gay means graphic sex....or does one pretend you think that?

Pet Peeve: We'll never know.

Edited by Luna Bliss
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Rowan Amore said:

Eh, I don't even care if it continues or not.   ONE good thing about threads like that?  No one even needs to say someone is a  >insert your own name for them<  when their own words do it for us.

So true!

• Like 2

Peeve: Misinformed roleplay masquerading as 'teaching a class'. Literally years  of this peeve. (OMG! Over a decade!)

Peeve 2: Racism and intolerance is sooooo funny (For those who cannot tell the difference, this is sarcasm.)

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

• Moles

A very gentle reminder :

Moderation decisions are made to provide you with a productive environment for conversations about Second Life. We prohibit abuse of our moderation process, including the following:

• Posts that discuss or re-post material that has been removed or locked by a moderator
  • Thanks 5

I have sooooo many peeves today, I barely know where to begin, but I'll just settle for a simple, safe one.

I like hats and hoods and headwear of various kinds.

The problem, of course, is that most of these are sold separately from hair, and frequently don't work well with most styles (although I do have two hair styles that are reasonably good with hats). And sometimes the hair that does come with hats isn't very good. There are a few exceptions -- Magika, Doux, and Tram have a couple of styles with hats and pretty nice hair. But the headwear available in this form is pretty limited.

I REALLY wish more decent hair creators would team up collaboratively with people doing things like hoods, head scarves, hats, bonnets, etc., to produce more variety of decent looks. That's especially true of headwear that wraps around the head, like scarves and hoods.

Edited by Scylla Rhiadra
Typo!
  • Like 7

19 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

I like hats and hoods

And yet, when you complained about "jeggings" and I offered a simple solution to prevent having to see them, you were sooooo negative.

Anti-Jeggings-Accessory.thumb.png.3cae9f657e3ddd391f91021d16bb279a.png

22 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

The problem, of course, is that most of these are sold separately from hair

And it has hair built in!

• Haha 4

Just now, Zalificent Corvinus said:

And yet, when you complained about "jeggings" and I offered a simple solution to prevent having to see them, you were sooooo negative.

I know.

I can be sooooo very difficult sometimes!

(Do they make that in a nice salmon?)

28 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

I have sooooo many peeves today, I barely know where to begin, but I'll just settle for a simple, safe one.

I like hats and hoods and headwear of various kinds.

The problem, of course, is that most of these are sold separately from hair, and frequently don't work well with most styles (although I do have two hair styles that are reasonably good with hats). And sometimes the hair that does come with hair isn't very good. There are a few exceptions -- Magika, Doux, and Tram have a couple of styles with hats and pretty nice hair. But the headwear available in this form is pretty limited.

I REALLY wish more decent hair creators would team up collaboratively with people doing things like hoods, head scarves, hats, bonnets, etc., to produce more variety of decent looks. That's especially true of headwear that wraps around the head, like scarves and hoods.

Have you tried some of the more recent hair by Nova? They include versions to wear with hats, might be worth a look.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2