2 hours ago, Modulated said:

Peeve: Have noticed a trend among a few creators I buy from to remove the sale items from redelivery terminals-what is the reasoning here?  I know it is completely their prerogative but it's annoying .

I'm not sure how they'd do that other than completely removing said items from CasperVend or whatever system they're using then re-enter it? Seems like a lot of work to me. 🤷 I've known some stores that have removed items from redelivery because they're no longer selling or supporting them, which is a shame but understandable.

2 hours ago, Modulated said:

Peeve: Have noticed a trend among a few creators I buy from to remove the sale items from redelivery terminals-what is the reasoning here?  I know it is completely their prerogative but it's annoying .

The ones I hate are the ones that have a redeliver kiosk in their store, but it's just for looks.. They've never put a thing up for redeliver..Yet  have said they are working on it.. 3 years later like the energizer bunny.. Still working on it.. lol

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Spiffy Voxel said:

I'm not sure how they'd do that other than completely removing said items from CasperVend or whatever system they're using then re-enter it? Seems like a lot of work to me. 🤷 I've known some stores that have removed items from redelivery because they're no longer selling or supporting them, which is a shame but understandable.

No idea how they do it but I just went to a store from the weekend sale notecard.  I always check my inventory to see if I already have whatever it is on sale.  I had 3 different colors of the item although none included Reborn sizes.  None were in the redelivery.  I guess when they add new sizes, some store prefer you rebuy than redeliver.  I passed on the rebuy and tossed out the older ones I no longer have a use for.   They're on my list now of stores to avoid.

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

No idea how they do it but I just went to a store from the weekend sale notecard.  I always check my inventory to see if I already have whatever it is on sale.  I had 3 different colors of the item although none included Reborn sizes.  None were in the redelivery.  I guess when they add new sizes, some store prefer you rebuy than redeliver.  I passed on the rebuy and tossed out the older ones I no longer have a use for.   They're on my list now of stores to avoid.

Then it's surely not just me who noticed! I thought it was some glitch or something until I noticed it happening only with the sale items.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Modulated said:

Then it's surely not just me who noticed! I thought it was some glitch or something until I noticed it happening only with the sale items.

I ALMOST understand when the sale item is perhaps a different set of patterns or something.  Blueberry did this for their sale items but then never updated the older item.  That's when I stopped shopping there.

• Like 3

Very Sad-Trombone Peeve: some old clothing items I have with transparent sections but baked-in shine & reflection now sticks out like a sore thumb with PBR rendering. And of course it's no-modify so I can't fix it. Sucks because I love them, but those glitches are going to niggle me forever when I'm wearing them. :( 

• Like 2
  • Sad 3

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, Spiffy Voxel said:

Very Sad-Trombone Peeve: some old clothing items I have with transparent sections but baked-in shine & reflection now sticks out like a sore thumb with PBR rendering. And of course it's no-modify so I can't fix it. Sucks because I love them, but those glitches are going to niggle me forever when I'm wearing them. :( 

Ugh, I was wondering if this would happen with some things and I’m sorry to hear it. But I’m also curious to see what it was and how it broke. 

Sunday Peeve: I am temporarily out of apples. 

Edited by Fauve Aeon
  • Like 2

Peeve: Why do people choose to teleport directly to you if you are a couple thousand meters up just parked and doing whatever? They don't say anything, but just sit there right in your face? Such odd behavior..lol I was tempted to tp away, but I decided to see how long this person was going to sit there saying nothing, and nearly 10 minutes it went on.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Modulated said:

Peeve: Why do people choose to teleport directly to you if you are a couple thousand meters up just parked and doing whatever?

Because you FORGOT to install a Slaughter & Carnage Inc "Destroy All Enemies" Zero-Second Punt & Ban Orb, obviously.

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, Fauve Aeon said:

Ugh, I was wondering if this would happen with some things and I’m sorry to hear it. But I’m also curious to see what it was and how it broke. 

I had to wait to take some screenshots to show what I mean.

I'm not sure if it's a change in how the alpha transparency is processed in the new PBR engine, but the baked-in shine really sticks out now.

Screenshot 2024-06-10 at 16.28.42.jpg

Screenshot 2024-06-10 at 16.27.00.jpg

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Magnek Fang said:

Peeve: Why is it that nearly all newer long hairs have at least one, well, bunch that goes down the chest? It kinda makes it hard to repurpose it for the opposite sex.

The long hair I purchase has options for various sized chests (including flat chest). This option seems pretty common.

Peeve: Had to bring my car in to the dealership for a very minor fix on a recall...I asked the service guy was he positive I would get it back today...was assured multiple times YES...called a few minutes ago " we haven't gotten it in yet."  It's 9 hours later with about an hour til close. 

giphy.gif

• Sad 5

1 hour ago, Modulated said:

Peeve: Had to bring my car in to the dealership for a very minor fix on a recall...I asked the service guy was he positive I would get it back today...was assured multiple times YES...called a few minutes ago " we haven't gotten it in yet."  It's 9 hours later with about an hour til close. 

giphy.gif

I hate dealerships..

It's one of the reasons my father built a shop for all our vehicles and the machinery we have.

His shop is nicer than the dealerships.. hehehe

• Like 3

Just now, Ceka Cianci said:

I hate dealerships..

It's one of the reasons my father built a shop for all our vehicles and the machinery we have.

His shop is nicer than the dealerships.. hehehe

They ended up keeping the damned thing ......grrrrrrr

• Sad 2

2 minutes ago, Modulated said:

They ended up keeping the damned thing ......grrrrrrr

They are like the cable guy.

I'm willing to bet the recalls get bumped for paying jobs. In fact I know they do. At least in our town they do ,I should say..

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

They are like the cable guy.

I'm willing to bet the recalls get bumped for paying jobs. In fact I know they do. At least in our town they do ,I should say..

I am not an a-hole about such things, but the guy assuring me like he did I was under the impression the parts were on site and it was all good to go. I guess he was just giving me the okie dokie. lol

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Spiffy Voxel said:

I had to wait to take some screenshots to show what I mean.

I'm not sure if it's a change in how the alpha transparency is processed in the new PBR engine, but the baked-in shine really sticks out now.

I think at least part of it is the bakes on textures themselves. Tonight I saw someone with a shiny but fully opaque black bodysuit and the shine markings look like silver and blue colored smears/smudges.  Old fountain water textures also looked flat and tiled compared to reflects on the native water as well, and some older light sources remind me of what the face lights did when ALM first came. Way too bright and with occluded falloff. 

11 hours ago, Magnek Fang said:

Peeve: Why is it that nearly all newer long hairs have at least one, well, bunch that goes down the chest? It kinda makes it hard to repurpose it for the opposite sex.

If it were modifiable, you might be able to make that bit invisible.

Peeve.  People who keep misusing a word...ALL THE TIME...

OIP(13).jpeg.1ee8c69981d3e450869e5dfb65b95e8e.jpeg

Keyboard Warrior...a person who makes abusive or aggressive posts on the internet, typically one who conceals their true identity

• Like 5

Peeve: SL "Best Friends."

So I was speaking this afternoon to my SL BFF, a well-known arsonist and criminal-at-large, about the fact that I needed to buy a dance machine for the upcoming opening at my gallery. I said I was dreading setting it up, but I had my eye on a pricey one that supposedly was at least easy to load and configure.

[2024/06/11 16:12] Scylla Rhiadra: This one is pricey, but supposedly isn't hard to use
[2024/06/11 16:12] [SL BFF]: That's enough headache.
[2024/06/11 16:12] Scylla Rhiadra nods
[2024/06/11 16:13] [SL BFF]: How pricey?
[2024/06/11 16:13] Scylla Rhiadra: Pricey. Don't you dare.
[2024/06/11 16:13] Scylla Rhiadra: I'm not telling you
[2024/06/11 16:13] Second Life: [SL BFF] paid you L$2000: Pffff!
[2024/06/11 16:13] Scylla Rhiadra: OH FOR THE LOVE . . .
[2024/06/11 16:14] Scylla Rhiadra: God damn you [SL BFF]!!!

I've been through this before with SL BFF -- on more than a few occasions she's gifted me money to buy things, I've refused and sent it back, and we've batted the money back and forth a half dozen times before I give up. So I accepted it graciously, of course.

[2024/06/11 16:14] [SL BFF]: If there is a god, she's surely damned me already.
[2024/06/11 16:14] Scylla Rhiadra: I HOPE SO

So, after a bit more chit chat, she said goodbye and logged off. And about 3 minutes later was back again.

[2024/06/11 16:30] Second Life: [SL BFF] is online.
[2024/06/11 16:30] Scylla Rhiadra: What?!?!?
[2024/06/11 16:30] Second Life: [SL BFF] paid you L$3000: I saw how expensive!!!
[2024/06/11 16:31] [SL BFF]: I don't imagine there'll be anything left over. If there is, pay it forward.
[2024/06/11 16:31] [SL BFF]: I wonder if SineWave is still around, and still has "Over and Out".
[2024/06/11 16:32] [SL BFF]: KK, scooting.
[2024/06/11 16:32] Second Life: [SL BFF] is offline.
[2024/06/11 16:32] Scylla Rhiadra: OMG MADDY!

Ooops. I seem to have forgotten to disguise her name in that last communication.

ANYWAY she didn't want me to say anything about her contribution to this weekend's opening, so here I am telling you about it.

Take THAT, SL BFF!!!

Edited by Scylla Rhiadra
Extra word
  • Like 2
  • Haha 5

11 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

So I was speaking this afternoon to my SL BFF, a well-known arsonist and criminal-at-large, about the fact that I needed to buy a dance machine for the upcoming opening at my gallery. I said I was dreading setting it up, but I had my eye on a pricey one that supposedly was at least easy to load and configure.

[2024/06/11 16:12] Scylla Rhiadra: This one is pricey, but supposedly isn't hard to use

I've been through this before with SL BFF -- on more than a few occasions she's gifted me money to buy things, I've refused and sent it back, and we've batted the money back and forth a half dozen times before I give up. So I accepted it graciously, of course.

So, after a bit more chit chat, she said goodbye and logged off. And about 3 minutes later was back again.

[2024/06/11 16:30] Second Life: [SL BFF] paid you L$3000: I saw how expensive!!!
[2024/06/11 16:31] [SL BFF]: I don't imagine there'll be anything left over. If there is, pay it forward.
[2024/06/11 16:31] [SL BFF]: I wonder if SineWave is still around, and still has "Over and Out".

Ooops. I seem to have forgotten to disguise her name in that last communication.

ANYWAY she didn't want me to say anything about her contribution to this weekend's opening, so here I am telling you about it.

Take THAT, SL BFF!!!

Ummm...are you sure those are safe?  Like no fire will come out of them?     eeeeek!   I think I'll bring my own dances  ;0

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

Ummm...are you sure those are safe?  Like no fire will come out of them?     eeeeek!   I think I'll bring my own dances  ;0

Oh, I wouldn't trust her as far as I could throw her.

Which isn't very far, as I know from experience: God knows I've tried.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

22 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Take THAT, SL BFF!!!

It's impossible to pay her back money. 

She's certainly the nicest and most generous arsonist I know. 🧡 

• Like 3