2 minutes ago, Rolig Loon said:

I was on vacation. Well, almost.  Dealing with business and a sick friend.  I'd peeve RL, but what's the point?

Just business and a sick friend? Well, hey, that's practically a vacation. Good on you for being a friend, and taking care of business!

1 hour ago, Zalificent Corvinus said:

And some people use "debate society" terminology to dismiss anything they don't agree with.

"Ad Hominem" is a classic example.

Take the following statement.

"A certain country LOST a world war because it's leader was an insane idiot who made an endless series of bad choices"

The Ivory Tower Academia Debate Society pseudo-intellectual will claim that this is an "Ad hominem" and thus automatically false, and an instant lose in a "debate".

The person who actually understands the historical reasons for that country losing, knows the statement is simple fact, and that the pseudo-intellectual debate society member needs to shut the hell up.

Describing a leader of a country as an idiot who made bad decisions is not an ad hominem attack. This is a subjective judgement about factors that lead to a country losing a war.

If the debater had said to the other person who was debating them something like, "Well of course you think everything President X did was fine, because you're an idiot too. You wouldn't even know what all the factors were that lead to the war, because you failed your Modern European History final," this would be an ad hominem attack.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

49 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

Cauliflower crust pizza is actually pretty darn good.  

Peeve: I was Keto for a few years. The cauliflower crust wasn't my favorite option. I preferred the cheese or chicken crust. Now that I'm a vegetarian again, my choices are limited and I'd still avoid the cardboard, I mean the cauliflower.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Peeve: I was Keto for a few years. The cauliflower crust wasn't my favorite option. I preferred the cheese or chicken crust. Now that I'm a vegetarian again, my choices are limited and I'd still avoid the cardboard, I mean the cauliflower.

The restaurant where my son works has a good one.  I was skeptical, of course, but surprised it was so good.  I suppose it does matter where one gets one.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Rowan Amore said:

The restaurant where my son works has a good one.  I was skeptical, of course, but surprised it was so good.  I suppose it does matter where one gets one.

Peeved if you've not tried it: a crust made only of mozzarella is pretty darn good.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

No, I've not done it yet, so there's nothing to see!

I'll do something maybe in the next week or so. There is evidence that the priestess class wore special (and rather peculiar) makeup, so I might actually need to produce that by hand!

Peeve: That an historically accurate image of a Minoan priestess would need to be posted in the Adult forum, despite the fact that there is absolutely nothing sexual about it!

A lot of images from National Geographic would have to be posted in the Adult forum too. It's unfortunate, when it has nothing to do with sexuality. Not every culture believes that nudity is rude or necessarily sexual. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:
2 hours ago, Bagnu said:

Where did you post that? And why only in the "Adult" forum? I really DO have to see this.

No, I've not done it yet, so there's nothing to see!

Peeve: I find it, umm...predictable and..umm.."cute" that Bagnu found your mention of "I could only post this in the Adult thread" (if you chose to post it at all) as a "trigger" (that you "had" posted it)!

Peeve: Predictability, cute!

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Peeve: I find it, umm...predictable and..umm.."cute" that Bagnu found your mention of "I could only post this in the Adult thread" (if you chose to post it at all) as a "trigger" (that you "had" posted it)!

Peeve: Predictability, cute!

Of course that would trigger me!!! Seriously...I AM me...LOL!!!

Seriously though, I really didn't think Scylla would post anything sexual, and I don't actually want to see her in a sexual situation. I am sure Scylla is aware of that.

• Like 1

Peeve: I follow the Mods (except for new ones I don't know about yet).  So, I get notified on Mole / Linden posts.  

The Peeve is, I wonder sometimes why people keep posting after a Mod warning.  I forget that not everyone follows the Mods, so not everyone gets notified / knows about the Mod warnings!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

Peeve: a week of late nights at work and no playtime in SL

*sniffs*

:(

Peeve: Power outages.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Nobody does, Sandor. Literally nobody.

😏

I think I should apologize for saying that. Sorry.

Edited by Bagnu
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Sandor, IT WAS A JOKE!!!!

You DID sound sad though, and we don't have RL cues here to pick up on.

Edited by Bagnu
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Peeve: Working on an SL project, and not being able to find the very original files that i need!!!

16 minutes ago, Bagnu said:

You DID sound sad though, and we don't have RL cues here to pick up on.

Well, the wry smiling emoji might have been a clue?

>>>> 😏 <<<<

No mind! Rest assured I am not quietly pining away for lack of love in SL (or RL for that matter).

(OMG what an ancient picture!!!)

No-Boyfriend-Blank.thumb.png.eb2d84ccbef5b39eada319f9f68dd21e.png

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Well, the wry smiling emoji might have been a clue?

>>>> 😏 <<<<

No mind! Rest assured I am not quietly pining away for lack of love in SL (or RL for that matter).

(OMG what an ancient picture!!!)

No-Boyfriend-Blank.thumb.png.eb2d84ccbef5b39eada319f9f68dd21e.png

I don't know emoji's well, so I didn't pick up on it. LOL, you DO look so much younger!!!

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

(Side note of interest to no one but me, or anyone else who is interested in "realism" in SL.

That may be the only top I own that actually shows the outline of a bra underneath. As opposed to erect nipples, which are hard to avoid.)

Peeve: In RL, most women wear bras most of the time, for a host of reasons. It would be nice if clothing makers could reflect that fact.

Edited by Scylla Rhiadra
Added a "peeve"
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Bagnu said:

I don't know emoji's well, so I didn't pick up on it. LOL, you DO look so much younger!!!

Years and years younger!

Like Cleopatra, I was in my salad days.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

(Side note of interest to no one but me, or anyone else who is interested in "realism" in SL.

That may be the only top I own that actually shows the outline of a bra underneath. As opposed to erect nipples, which are hard to avoid.)

I am staring at 55 inch 4K TV as a monitor.. I would never have noticed a bra outline. I see it, but if you didn't mention it, I wouldn't ever have noticed.

• Like 1