Posted (edited)

Peeve: Racists and does who threaten to file false reports.(This happened over something petty just because my avatar is a anime avatar some people seen to be stuck in their own bubble it feels like a echo chamber here.)

Edited by Wincil
Had to correct something.
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

I bet there's a way to not make all peeves about "that other thread".

I know! Every time we see a peeve about "that", someone should rush to post a peeve about "something else"!

Peeve: Being so focused on my actual SL activities (scripting), I forget to ever explore, shop, etc.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Peeve: Being so focused on my actual SL activities (scripting), I forget to ever explore, shop, etc.

Careful, if you head West from your place, and a little North, you might go blind, from seeing *somebody's* fullbright hair.

Better to head East or south, lol.

• Haha 3
  • Confused 1

9 minutes ago, Zalificent Corvinus said:
45 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Careful, if you head West from your place, and a little North, you might go blind, from seeing *somebody's* fullbright hair.

Better to head East or south, lol.

Yikes! Thanks for the heads-up!

It's amazing how many Forumites live "relatively close" to me.  

Posted (edited)

A fast food sever with a bad attitude. (They're getting $20/ hr in California, so it's not because they're underpaid.)

First I said I wanted a drink with my meal, but she didn't give me the combo that would've been $2 more for a drink. I pointed out that she hadn't put my drink on my order. Then she charged me $3+tax separately for my drink. I asked, "Why didn't I get the $2 ,drink price shown on the board?" She said, "I don't know," & then ignored me.

Then, when I got my totasda salad, set it down, and went to get my drink, she asked me to bring back my salad because they forgot to add the shrimp to it. I brought it back & stood there waiting. Then she takes my salad, throws it in the garbage, and gives me a new salad with chicken & shrimp. I said, "You could have just added the shrimp on top." She just ignored me.

Note: At other restaurants in this chain, when the person taking my order has forgotten to add my drink, they give me a cup and let me get a free drink. 

Edited by Persephone Emerald
Spelling
  • Like 2
  • Sad 2

Peeve: A salesperson came to my door today, had my name etc. and asked if I heard the power company is raising their rates, did I get the info? No.

"The power company  will bury some power lines in the area" (which is BS for my area), their company (NOT the power company) is "helping people get connected to a new power system", and finally said they "needed to inspect the roof".

"Oh, are you selling Solar?"

"No, we're not selling it.."

No thanks. 

Way too much lying for a simple unsolicited solar sales call.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Persephone Emerald said:

A fast food sever with a bad attitude. (They're getting $20/ hr in California, so it's not because they're underpaid.)

First I said I wanted a drink with my meal, but she didn't give me the combo that would've been $2 more for a drink. I pointed out that she hadn't put my drink on my order. Then she charged me $3+tax separately for my drink. I asked, "Why didn't I get the $2 ,drink price shown on the board?" She said, "I don't know," & then ignored me.

Then, when I got my totasda salad, set it down, and went to get my drink, she asked me to bring back my salad because they forgot to add the shrimp to it. I brought it back & stood there waiting. Then she takes my salad, throws it in the garbage, and gives me a new salad with chicken & shrimp. I said, "You could have just added the shrimp on top." She just ignored me.

Note: At other restaurants in this chain, when the person taking my order has forgotten to add my drink, they give me a cup and let me get a free drink. 

In my area , if you go to ANY fast food restaurant after 1st shift when the managers are there to put the little scum bags who work there in their place,  you get treatment like that.  And with how much fast food cost now , that's unacceptable . I'm slightly healthier than I used to be because out of spite , refuse to give them business , knowing it will be a similar experience most of the time  

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Double peeve today:

Saw a pretty dress, checked out the Demo, looked good. Bought the Fatpack and it's missing the HUD to switch colours. Contacted the Seller twice now over the course of a week. No reply. Guess that's money down the drain.

Also grabbed a cool looking Steam VR game about banging drums in tune to music. Figured I might use it as an alternative to my constant Beat Sabering. Nope, heftiest Motion Sickness I've had in a long time. Completely kicked me to the curb.

/Edit:

Remembered a third peeve.
The game Eiyuden Chronicles was another victim of localisation, it seems. Look I get the whole stupid discourse around that. Aye, aye, change sexualities, do all the stuff, cool.

BUT BLOODY DON'T INSERT RICK AND MORTY MEMES, UWU UWU AND TIK TOK SLANG IN A MEDIEVAL FANTASY GAME. HAARGHARGHL.

Edited by ValKalAstra
  • Like 2

Just now, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Someone could start a thread on security orbs?

We could also get into new Bellisserian themes, I would push for a city theme 🤣  Cyberpunk 2077 style, nicer roads to travel on, oh and premium plus plus, that has 4096 plots. 

• Like 1

Just now, Zalificent Corvinus said:

Well, you could join the "Tiny Terror Tots against Maitreya" thread, if you REALLY want to have a no-rules cage fight brawl.

Way ahead of you.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Sooooo . . .

What do we talk about now?????

GTA 6.

Actually, that brings up a peeve: I never played GTA 5. I dunno man...nothing beats Vice City for me, but it didn't really age all that well, boo.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Someone could start a thread on security orbs?

Interesting, what is that? A security orb?

• Haha 2

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Istelathis said:

AI, bots, bears, and pictures 🙃

Peeve: I keep seeing pictures on my Facebook of AI-generated scenes with Jesus and Scarlett Johansson, usually after a plane crash or something. Oh, I see. Redditt "Beautiful Cabin Crew". Nice (sarcastically).

Edited by Love Zhaoying
  • Like 1

Just now, Ayashe Ninetails said:

GTA 6.

Actually, that brings up a peeve: I never played GTA 5. I dunno man...nothing beats Vice City for me, but it didn't really age all that well, boo.

Never played it. Which in some ways is odd because I like urban environments and open world, exploration type games. I DID try Skyrim once . . . meh.

• Like 2