Peeve: I go out of my way to wait until the only other dot on the mini map is inside their home, where they got their own parcel and all, before daring to rez a prim, turn it into a musical dance floor, and dance on it, so as not to blow anyone away by blasting metal across the entire sim.

I rez my prim, start to dance, and THEN a visitor shows up, runs for the quiet zone, and then leaves.

-_-;

I can't even sneak around and jam out by myself without scaring people.

Sigh.

• Sad 1

Peeve: found a difference between the Forum and Social Media. "Edgy" pic posted here caused verklempt. Same pic posted on Facebook got 20 likes so far from fine upstanding church friends. The difference possibly could be the "friends" factor. Things here are public; things there are "friends only" depending on your settings.

23 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Peeve: found a difference between the Forum and Social Media. "Edgy" pic posted here caused verklempt. Same pic posted on Facebook got 20 likes so far from fine upstanding church friends. The difference possibly could be the "friends" factor. Things here are public; things there are "friends only" depending on your settings.

I don't understand the kind of church where it's ok to mock their Lord, and I wouldn't attend it.

By the way,  I didn't report that image but I'm glad it's gone.

Edited by Garnet Psaltery
Added text.

59 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

I think the big difference is in how a forum is structured and more specific to a main subject or thing.

Then from that there is main sections about the subject or thing, then sub sections and then threads.

Where Social media seem more about nothing until someone puts something there.

I'm not a user of any of them or anything like that. But they seem to be one big place to post rather than a lot of sections.

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

I think the big difference is in how a forum is structured and more specific to a main subject or thing.

Then from that there is main sections about the subject or thing, then sub sections and then threads.

Where Social media seem more about nothing until someone puts something there.

I'm not a user of any of them or anything like that. But they seem to be one big place to post rather than a lot of sections.

Not you, but Peeve: The reasons some (others) give that the Forum is "not Social Media" are pretty irrelevant.

But, each to their own!

@Love Zhaoying The difference I usually have noticed on social media vs forums, are that the algorithms on social media tend to be more manipulative.  At least that was my experience, the suggested posts I would see would be intrusive, while on the forum it usually is just sorted by date (for me).  I don't like feeling as though I am being manipulated, it just gets to me - and the way a lot of sites keep you glued to the screen is usually through topics that will induce a feeling of fear or anger, which bothers me to no end because I feel, it is counter productive to society.

Buuuuuuuut!  I am sure not all social media platforms are the same, and I hardly am an expert when it comes to social media.  I just noticed that when I did use facebook, I would be given all sorts of posts that frustrated me, worse yet, I saw former coworkers, friends, even family change slowly by what I would consider programming.  Youtube is more or less the same.

In short, social media makes me feel like I don't want to live on this planet anymore

After seeing what it did to people, I really grew frustrated with it.

Edited by Istelathis
  • Like 6

7 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

Which in a way is more concerning then what triggered it in the first place.

No, it is the right thing to do.
If one wants to discuss total garbage, go to a dumpster. Not here please.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

36 minutes ago, JUSTUS Palianta said:

We'll I thought the ghost busters' picture was funny. 🤷‍♀️

Peeve:  Trying hard to not touch a thread when you know it's going to crash burn and get deleted.

Waiting for lightening to strike. 🌩️

Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining about MODERATION.  Just that the two worlds are completely different of the Forum and your basic, everyday, vanilla, upright and uptight Facebook.

15 minutes ago, Sid Nagy said:

No, it is the right thing to do.
If one wants to discuss total garbage, go to a dumpster. Not here please.

Not a good thing to push people to go to a dumpster to get their information rather then the source itself. It peeves me when I have to root through the garbage to find nuggets of truth.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

Not a good thing to push people to go to a dumpster to get their information rather then the source itself. It peeves me when I have to root through the garbage to find nuggets of truth.

And, ick. Nuggets out of a dumpster.

image.png.090d3744395d5e39d79cde1f1567c381.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Persephone Emerald said:

It's the SL Forums "After Dark". 🤣 

Yes! We make a "mess" and clean it up for the um.."straights" (meaning the upstanding types, not meaning "straight / non-LGBTQ+") before morning comes.

Kind of like "Adult Swim" on Cartoon Network.

Peeve: We gotta pay those janitors more.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Yes! We make a "mess" and clean it up for the um.."straights" (meaning the upstanding types, not meaning "straight / non-LGBTQ+") before morning comes.

Kind of like "Adult Swim" on Cartoon Network.

Peeve: We gotta pay those janitors more.

Don't forget the cheese 🤣

• Thanks 1