18 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

Ok, not as convenient and it shouldn't make that sort of difference but more importantly why is the My Avatar section not opening up when I am logged in and does when I am not logged in with the phone?

Because you might have the content expanded in your settings which I believe you can only change them when you are logged into an account..

where when you are not logged in your accounts settings aren't going to impact what you see..

I was having the same issue.. I could load everything and all sections when I was logged out, but when I logged in my forum settings apply..

Try this, From here, go up and click the General Discussion link to take you to where you can see all the threads..

Just to the left of the, Start a new thread button is the condensed and expanded.. click the condensed button and it should set that for all the sections in the forums..

Just do it while you are logged in.. Then see if you can get in the Your Avatar section after that..

You don't even get those buttons if you are not logged in I believe..

2 minutes ago, KiraYoichi said:

My pet-peeve: When my avatar's outfit of the day is reset to the previous colors due to crashing. Arrrgh! 😡

Absolutely hated that!  Once I've selected what color I'll be using, I've made a habit of detaching and reattaching each piece.  Takes an extra second or two.but keeps me from pulling my hair out.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

23 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

Absolutely hated that!  Once I've selected what color I'll be using, I've made a habit of detaching and reattaching each piece.  Takes an extra second or two.but keeps me from pulling my hair out.

I mastered editing clothing while wearing it, only to discover that the edits aren't saved until the items are detached. I'd have it all perfect, copy it all, and then find that all my copies were of the unedited versions.

Now I just drag stuff out and edit it on the ground. Even if I crash, my edits will be there waiting for me, intact, that way.

Edited by PheebyKatz
  • Thanks 1

Peeve: When I make a resolution to not buy anymore clothes, shoes, hair, etc in the New Year until I do a clean out of my inventory and barely two weeks in the New Year and I just bought six new hairstyles and eleven complete outfits just now. With shoes too! Must have shoes. I still stick with the argument that I always need new hairstyles with new outfits. Just makes sense to me... 🙄

Why did one of favorite fantasy clothing stores have to have a vintage sale? Just why?! 😑

Edited by Dafadilia Wayfarer
Edited because that is now eleven new complete outfits....
  • Like 4
  • Haha 3

Here's a worthy Peeve:

snapthingy_001.thumb.png.44afa67b01dd7f294b73d60e788484d6.png

This is with it set to Convex Hull. If I set it to Prim instead, it'll act like a sculpt, and I'll be hovering, while other areas will turn mushy.

Glad I like tedious stuff, because making a mesh hill properly walkable is going to take some fiddling.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, KiraYoichi said:

My pet-peeve: When my avatar's outfit of the day is reset to the previous colors due to crashing. Arrrgh! 😡

Ohh yes. I usually get hit with the teleport bug after I have meticulously adjusted something (bangs usually) and forgotten to detach/re-attach it after I am done... I get it all right and decide that I am finally good to go out, attempt to teleport somewhere and.... tp bug.

Then when you log back in all your work has gone *poof*

Edited by AmeliaJ08

11 hours ago, Dafadilia Wayfarer said:

Peeve: When I make a resolution to not buy anymore clothes, shoes, hair, etc in the New Year until I do a clean out of my inventory and barely two weeks in the New Year and I just bought six new hairstyles and eleven complete outfits just now. With shoes too! Must have shoes. I still stick with the argument that I always need new hairstyles with new outfits. Just makes sense to me... 🙄

Why did one of favorite fantasy clothing stores have to have a vintage sale? Just why?! 😑

Just reminded me I told myself to stop buying Lara 5.3 clothes last year... oops.

• Like 1

Content creators with no idea how to optimize content.  I found a cute hair at Kustom9 today.  I almost bought it until I checked to see the triangle count.  Seriously?  Almost 1 million triangles?  For hair?  I keep my entire look under 1 million.  

Before hair but completely dressed...

f9d9e99e5abc2b07e7eff6d34692c3e0.png.4533ac82eb1e4be63e31e77e03a99d36.png

After adding the demo hair...

2e747f00268e75b3d1127c45a1eaf5a2.png.99c83769b39a703891a4330f91e88a18.png

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

16 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

Content creators with no idea how to optimize content.  I found a cute hair at Kustom9 today.  I almost bought it until I checked to see the triangle count.  Seriously?  Almost 1 million triangles?  For hair?  I keep my entire look under 1 million.  

Before hair but completely dressed...

f9d9e99e5abc2b07e7eff6d34692c3e0.png.4533ac82eb1e4be63e31e77e03a99d36.png

After adding the demo hair...

2e747f00268e75b3d1127c45a1eaf5a2.png.99c83769b39a703891a4330f91e88a18.png

Based on the number of people that get reduced to grey blobs in my viewer, I'd say that most of the people in SL don't give a crap about their own complexity (unfortunately).  Thus creators are not incentivized to worry much about it.

That being said, I've also seen plenty of posts that indicate the complexity numbers are meaningless anyway.

HOWEVER, regardless of whether the complexity number is a valid measurement or not, the point about the number of triangles is totally spot on.  IMO, There is no reason for any hair to have that many.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Based on the number of people that get reduced to grey blobs in my viewer, I'd say that most of the people in SL don't give a crap about their own complexity (unfortunately).  Thus creators are not incentivized to worry much about it.

That being said, I've also seen plenty of posts that indicate the complexity numbers are meaningless anyway.

HOWEVER, regardless of whether the complexity number is a valid measurement or not, the point about the number of triangles is totally spot on.  IMO, There is no reason for any hair to have that many.

I rarely find things that are too complex.  The triangle count, however, can be astronomical.  We pay attention to that number when buying items for our homes yet pay no attention to what we wear?   I think I posted in another thread about a shirt I tried on the other day that was almost 1M triangles.  And people wonder why SL runs like a turd when lots of people are around?  

• Like 5

Going RL here for a min:  Due to industry lumber standards, we all know (and mostly accept) that a 2x4 is not really 2" by 4".  However, When I am looking for a 5" skillet lid, I do not want a lid that is measured the way lumber is.

Found this today in my search:

image.png.9bb5aa9887e647a7f3e42689748d2201.png

image.png.a7ee208f5b114156bca5c3b85bf85347.png

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Going RL here for a min:  Due to industry lumber standards, we all know (and mostly accept) that a 2x4 is not really 2" by 4".  However, When I am looking for a 5" skillet lid, I do not want a lid that is measured the way lumber is.

I wonder if they are measuring the lip that goes into the pan rather than the edge..

4 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

I wonder if they are measuring the lip that goes into the pan rather than the edge..

Likely, but most people just simply measure the full pan, outer edge to outer edge. 

And a typical US tape measure, does not easily show .65", making it more difficult to confirm that inner size.  Yes, I can convert it all to cm or mm, but that is more work than should be necessary when both product measurements are given in inches.

And since I don't care to take the time to do the conversions, I'll simply buy a different lid.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 2

39 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

It was probably written by a man. You know how they lie about size.

• Haha 2

Peeve - guys who can't take no for an answer. A guy IMed me when I was at a venue this morning, let me do all the heavy lifting in conversation, and then asked me to leave with him to go somewhere else. I said no. He unleashed a torrent of verbal abuse on me.

• Like 1
  • Sad 4

46 minutes ago, Stephanie Misfit said:

Peeve - guys who can't take no for an answer. A guy IMed me when I was at a venue this morning, let me do all the heavy lifting in conversation, and then asked me to leave with him to go somewhere else. I said no. He unleashed a torrent of verbal abuse on me.

I had one last night that was persistent.. He didn't get mad or anything and actually I thought it was kind of funny and cute..

He never asked me what I was doing or anything like that and I never even seen him.. He just IM'd me..

He said, I think you are really hot and want you to come to my house.. Here is the taxi...

I said, I'm just relaxing at the beach and chatting.. He goes ok, well here is the taxi, and I'm at my house waiting for you now..

I said, no no no, I mean I am relaxing and going to be relaxing at the beach and chatting  tonight..

He goes, ok well here is the taxi, just let me know when you are finished, I'm here waiting..

Finally I just said, ok I'll let you know when I'm done, I guess..

hehehehe

I was too relaxed to really  try to explain it to him anymore ..

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Stephanie Misfit said:

asked me to leave with him to go somewhere else. I said no. He unleashed a torrent of verbal abuse on me.

I get this now and then but I never see the verbal abuse because I block them at “we should go somewhere more private” or similar lines 

Edited by Krystina Ferraris
  • Like 2

Sites that, still, in the year 2024, 

- don't give you the option to see your password as you type it in

- let you type in a password, only once, only seeing ***********, and not having a verification box that has you type it in a 2nd time to make sure you don't register with a typo in your password, so that you'll have to immediately ask for a password reset if there actually was a typo.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Stephanie Misfit said:

Peeve - seeing gorgeous long hair in photos, then trying a demo and it is flexi and looks horrendous from the back, full of gaps showing the scalp. I am convinced this type of hair is only suitable for photographic purposes at specific angles.

A lot of Flexi hair is transparency hell.. A lot look like I am wearing razor blades for hair.

I do like it when it's done well and combined with mesh, because it does bring the mesh more to life.. But still will alpha glitch the strands.. So I treat  other transparency things like sunlight to a vampire and try to avoid them as much as I can or get away from them really fast.. hehehe