1 minute ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Well, that didn't last long . . .

Show's over folks!

Lmao, I just read that. Doesn't change anything in the M-rated gaming policy, but everything else gets yeeted.

I did find it hilarious they decided to test this at the very same time they rolled out their new ad format (that everyone predictably hates). *shakes head*

They had to have known how this would go, but here we are. Companies always do this. Peeve.

• Like 2

Peeve: Just researched my iPhone upgrade options if I need to for the SL Mobile. Result: should be "no cost" with trade-in, but getting my phone data transferred over either requires a jujumajick WiFi transfer between phones, or go ahead and upgrade my iCloud for $2.99/month.

I basically spend all my time on my phone, doing everything but talking and SL.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Peeve: Just researched my iPhone upgrade options if I need to for the SL Mobile. Result: should be "no cost" with trade-in, but getting my phone data transferred over either requires a jujumajick WiFi transfer between phones, or go ahead and upgrade my iCloud for $2.99/month.

Surely a system as overpriced as Awful Mac Lock-In Fail-Tech has a whyPhone to Real Computer backup/transfer option ?

Transfer from the old whyPhone to a real computer, then transfer to the new whyPhone.

19 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Apparently you might now be permitted to stream Second Life on Twitch. So long as you rate and label it as "Adults-Only."

Here are some of the games that SL now shares company with.

GBUXTP3awAAVwpy?format=jpg&name=large

I think you can probably guess my peeve.

Image courtesy of @Feorie Frimon

Pic is from my Twitter account. Thread here: 

And yeah if you keep reading in the thread, I think Eve and Soft are right. I'm not sure you can stream SL on Twitch (but watching the VTuber thing has been REALLY eye opening). 

And it sucks to see SL next to all those names. :(  

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Yeah, I think she misread this, and I followed suit. I don't think there's been a change in policy.

What's still there is a pretty mixed bag but . . . still, that's some pretty fine company we keep, eh?

Exactly. It made me so sad. Like...woah. We're not NOT bad. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Love Zhaoying said:

I'm not sure about other stores but when my son worked at Verizon, their store would transfer data for free.  No idea how other carriers or stores handle it, though.  Might try shopping around?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rowan Amore said:

I'm not sure about other stores but when my son worked at Verizon, their store would transfer data for free.  No idea how other carriers or stores handle it, though.  Might try shopping around?

Peeve: Yes, they could have ways to do it. Back in the day, you'd use a dock. Then it became a special cable. Then with iPhones, they expected you to backup/restore using iTunes.  Finally, now with iCloud, the normal ways are to use iCloud or voodoo.

• Sad 1

28 minutes ago, Feorie Frimon said:

Pic is from my Twitter account. Thread here: 

And yeah if you keep reading in the thread, I think Eve and Soft are right. I'm not sure you can stream SL on Twitch (but watching the VTuber thing has been REALLY eye opening). 

And it sucks to see SL next to all those names. :(  

Just to quickly clarify that, the "Adults-Only Rating" language refers to the official ESRB rating. That list is basically a list of games that don't necessarily have that ESRB rating, but are still prohibited for streaming.

More here, from the Community Guidelines:

image.thumb.png.351486929057f5b309c7e582c1c029de.png

Peeve: SL would perform horribly on Twitch anyway, unless it was picked up by a very popular personality/content creator who would likely only clown on it anyway. It's just not that popular in the streamer demographic. The Sims 4 and similar get a LOT more eyeballs (likely due to the popularity of building streams and EA having that whole content creator network program).

As far as I know, SL is not banned on Kick, and this is how it's currently performing over there:

image.png.0cd57c1b149d1c50f2da51fd5198b5e6.png

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

Just to quickly clarify that, the "Adults-Only Rating" language refers to the official ESRB rating. That list is basically a list of games that don't necessarily have that ESRB rating, but are still prohibited for streaming.

Peeve: SL would perform horribly on Twitch anyway, unless it was picked up by a very popular personality/content creator who would likely only clown on it anyway. It's just not that popular in the streamer demographic. The Sims 4 and similar get a LOT more eyeballs (likely due to the popularity of building streams and EA having that whole content creator network program).

As far as I know, SL is not banned on Kick, and this is how it's currently performing over there:

image.png.0cd57c1b149d1c50f2da51fd5198b5e6.png

12 viewers is brutal - oh man... 

• Like 3

Peeve: My boss asking  me to create a form that would end up super long. I said, how about dividing it in separate forms, will be user friendly, instead of scrolling down this one, almost endless form? Boss; No, do it the way that I said please. 

2 days later... After working on this form that is very tedious, and have to be hyper focused on the details/content in it, it's super long and is laggy to load and also freezes up a lot. 

Me: I am having a very hard time editing the form, it's freezing up and very laggy. 
Boss: Yeah, it's probably because it is so long with a ton of content. Let's separate the forms up. 
Me: oh okay... *stares into space from restraining her mouth*

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, FelicityPage said:

Peeve: My boss asking  me to create a form that would end up super long. I said, how about dividing it in separate forms, will be user friendly, instead of scrolling down this one, almost endless form? Boss; No, do it the way that I said please. 

2 days later... After working on this form that is very tedious, and have to be hyper focused on the details/content in it, it's super long and is laggy to load and also freezes up a lot. 

Me: I am having a very hard time editing the form, it's freezing up and very laggy. 
Boss: Yeah, it's probably because it is so long with a ton of content. Let's separate the forms up. 

Sounds like one of my bosses.. It has to be their idea rather than someones under them, no matter how much better the suggestions are.. Mine, I can just see the wheels turning in his head on how he can counter the better idea..

I'm still trying to figure out if it's ego or fear.. Those two are so similar sometimes.. lol

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Persephone Emerald said:

There are always new people in SL looking to make friends. You could respond to posts like this one or hang out at the Welcome Hub and offer to help newbies. You could also talk to people in group chats and make friends this way.

Getting names on the friends list and having real friends inworld are two different things IMHO.
Yes, I have names on the friends list. Nice people too. But a real friend as in a friend?
Nope, not one either.
One can't force things. Neither in RL or in SL.

A friendship grows over time or it doesn't.
Most of the time not and acquaintance is the highest reached level.

Edited by Sid Nagy
  • Like 4

21 minutes ago, Sid Nagy said:

Getting names on the friends list and having real friends inworld are two different things IMHO.
Yes, I have names on the friends list. Nice people too. But a real friend as in a friend?
Nope, not one either.

I love that level.. Why can't we just bump into each other once in awhile rather than, like knowing every time I come on or log off?

I had someone the other day that was telling me what a privilege it is to be on their friends list and that after knowing me all of like  two minutes, was granting me this precious gift..

I usually just don't respond to things like that and just stay quiet..But the ego was just so juicy that I had to see where this went, so I accepted.. I wanted to see just how inflated it gets.. hehehe

Right away it was, now that you are on my friends list  we will do everything together.. Shopping, going dancing , going to dinner and so on.. Ya, the crazy sex stuff was in there too..

I was like 0.0

I think I played too much with fire here.. We haven't gotten 5 to 10 minutes in and I'm thinking I might have just gotten married..:ph34r:

I really need to stop letting my curiosity get the best of me when it comes to things like this..

I was honest with him though.. After he named off his list of things we were gonna do together, I said most all of those things I usually do by myself, especially the shopping.. And as far as the sex. I really don't do that in here..

Then there is this other one that thinks he is my master, no matter how many times I say I'm not anyone's slave and free as it gets.. But still tells me, ok  but as long as you realize you are mine and that's that..

Sometimes they just get in through the cracks I guess.. hehehe

It's all my fault really, because I just should have never clicked the damn button!! \o/

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Sid Nagy said:

Nope, not one either.

I have two. Two people in SL that I would consider RL-level real friends. In almost 8 years. Two. I consider them family, because they treat me like family.

Not bad, if I do say so myself.

Especially considering the fact that IRL I have maybe four. and that took over three decades (and going through Hell on Earth together and surviving it). Real friendship takes more than most people are willing to put into anything, these days.

"A friend is someone who knows all about you, and still likes you."

Edited by PheebyKatz
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, PheebyKatz said:

I have two. Two people in SL that I would consider RL-level real friends. In almost 8 years. Two.

Not bad, if I do say so myself.

I had a few over the years too. One left SL in the end and with the other one: we grew apart.
Peeve: I'm not social enough in SL to let grow new ones, I guess.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

12 minutes ago, Sid Nagy said:

I had a few over the years too. One left SL in the end and with the other one: we grew apart.
Peeve: I'm not social enough in SL to let grow new ones, I guess.

You have to go through a lot of horse-poop to find the ponies. It's not easy to go back into the poop once you've made it out, so it's understandable.

Edited by PheebyKatz
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, PheebyKatz said:

You have to go through a lot of horse-poop to find the ponies. It's not easy to go back into the poop once you've made it out, so it's understandable.

Peeve: If all the ponies start to smell like poop, check to make sure some poop didn't get smeared on your upper lip.

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

"Social platform games frequently used for unmitigated abuse."

That is every game out there that isn't for children (Star Stable) so they may as well completely outlaw all adult content. Even the content that is not sexually related.

Peeve: Humans are not as smart as they think they are.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, FelicityPage said:

And they wonder why no one wants to work anymore. 🙄

• Like 1