2 minutes ago, Eddy Vortex said:

It would be easier and less messy gifting stale fruitcakes than fashioning shank implements out of candy.

Those things seem like something that would have came out of the Great depression or something you would get along with your gov'ment cheese.. I don't know but one person that like those cakes and  see them everywhere around this time of year..

They are so dense, like Black Walnut.. hehehe

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

Those things seem like something that would have came out of the Great depression or something you would get along with your gov'ment cheese.. I don't know but one person that like those cakes and  see them everywhere around this time of year..

I've had ONE fruitcake in my life that I liked.  It had fresh dates and none of those oddly colored fruit type pieces in it.  Pecans, too!  I don't think it was one of those that was supposed to last a lifetime.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

Ya know, sometimes I just wonder about people...which peeves me...

39ff740d855596d6d071f48b60b46586.png.1ce7875de3b65de1c1cc7d19a4f46f7e.png

I thought the "candy cane" was supposed to represent a "shepherd's staff", not a fishhook! Maybe she's a victim of an "evil Santa" (like the new horror movies) or a Krampus? Otherwise,  maybe a "piercing gone wrong"..

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

I've had ONE fruitcake in my life that I liked.  It had fresh dates and none of those oddly colored fruit type pieces in it.  Pecans, too!  I don't think it was one of those that was supposed to last a lifetime.

Peeve: I grew up in a part of Texas that has a regional specialty bakery which makes really, really good fruitcakes and other specialties. I still get their catalogs, but they're a bit too pricey with the shipping and all.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

I think those colored things are made of hard rubber or something.. When I was younger I just thought those cakes were for looks, kind of like some people have plastic fruit.. hehehe

• Like 4

46 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

Give me any kind of cake and I'll eat it. I'm quite partial to stollen with marzipan and brandy-soaked cherries.

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, Eddy Vortex said:

Give me any kind of cake and I'll eat it. I'm quite partial to stollen with marzipan and brandy-soaked cherries.

Someone brought chocolate candies to work one time that I thought were just meant to taste like alcohol.. I had to call for my husband to get me because they never told me they could get you drunk..

I can only have about a half a glass of wine if I ever decide to drink anything.. Those candies  had me more drunk than I ever been in my life.. My boss was so mad because the person never warned me and thought it would be funny to see me  get buzzed.. They never thought  it would get me so badly drunken.. I just thought, these are really good!!

hehehe

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, PermaRuthed said:

This is what happens when you try to skip past Halloween and Thanksgiving. This girl FAFO the hard way.

Not everybody lives in the USA... Both holidays ain't all around the world.
I think the designer of it just has bad taste.

Edited by Sid Nagy
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

Someone brought chocolate candies to work one time that I thought were just meant to taste like alcohol.. I had to call for my husband to get me because they never told me they could get you drunk..

I can only have about a half a glass of wine if I ever decide to drink anything.. Those candies  had me more drunk than I ever been in my life.. My boss was so mad because the person never warned me and thought it would be funny to see me  get buzzed.. They never thought  it would get me so badly drunken.. I just thought, these are really good!!

hehehe

I've never gotten drunk off liquor chocolate. Those candies you had sound like no joke and something I'd like to try. Do you remember the brand name of them? I want to get my hands on some.

Edited by Eddy Vortex
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Sid Nagy said:

Not everybody lives in the USA... Both holidays ain't all around the world.
I think it is just bad taste.

2 hours ago, Rowan Amore said:

Ya know, sometimes I just wonder about people...which peeves me...

39ff740d855596d6d071f48b60b46586.png.1ce7875de3b65de1c1cc7d19a4f46f7e.png

Maybe it's one of those artistic statements against the perceived forcing of holidays onto people and an anti-consumerist stance.

Like @Scylla Rhiadra finding insulting sayings on home decor items... (was it the plates? I bet it was the plates)

Yeah, even i don't believe that.  Both seem in bad taste, proving that none of those items were made for me.  I am not the intended target audience, but someone is buying it or creators would create it.  Like all the ultra-sexy clothing out there right now.  Why is there so much?  Because someone is buying it.

• Like 7

24 minutes ago, Eddy Vortex said:

My favourite Christmas fruitcake is a slice of toasted panettone with a scoop of ice cream :P I've never been crazy about 'official' Christmas pudding...actually, I could just have the panettone and skip the dinner too 😍

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Pet Peeve: On this morning's second walk with just Cinnamon, I only used her Martingale (anti-slip) collar instead of also using her harness. For the second time recently, as she's walked "tentatively" and the harness has gotten a bit tight.

Anyway, of course she slipped the collar and led me on a "merry chase" across a road or two. I managed to nab her when she squatted to pee.

I shop for a new harness today, one that fits better. She's able to slip out of the special "no slip" Martingale collar because her fur is long and smooth.

Peeved! It's been a couple years since this happened, except at the groomer who was shocked when it happened with him. 

LMAO, quickly glancing at the first sentence of your post, I mostly saw the word "Cinnamon", and my initial thought was that you were referring to @Cinnamon Mistwood. Then it was like, "what?", and I started killing myself laughing when it suddenly hit me that you you were talking about your dog!!!.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Bagnu said:

LMAO, quickly glancing at the first sentence of your post, I mostly saw the word "Cinnamon", and my initial thought was that you were referring to @Cinnamon Mistwood. Then it was like, "what?", and I started killing myself laughing when it suddenly hit me that you you were talking about your dog!!!.

Cinnamon is a glorious,  plush, magnificent,  red and cream colored husky.  She is worthy of the name.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Eddy Vortex said:

I've never gotten drunk off liquor chocolate. Those candies you had sound like no joke and something I'd like to try. Do you remember the brand name of them? I want to get my hands on some.

Omg I was so bad from them that my husband had to carry me out of work..

He was really pissed too the next day at me for being so stupid..

the guy that brought them made them himself from what he told us.. Some were I think rum and some were Jack Daniels and  I don't remember the other boozes really.. I just only really know those two.. hehehe

He just said, made some christmas candy all, help yourself..

He brought them in a sandwich baggy

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Ceka Cianci said:

I think those colored things are made of hard rubber or something.. When I was younger I just thought those cakes were for looks, kind of like some people have plastic fruit.. hehehe

The best fruitcake I've ever had is made by the  "Eastern Star"s. 

31 minutes ago, Rat Luv said:

My favourite Christmas fruitcake is a slice of toasted panettone with a scoop of ice cream :P I've never been crazy about 'official' Christmas pudding...actually, I could just have the panettone and skip the dinner too 😍

I was staring at a couple of boxes of chocolate cream filled panettone a few seconds ago. Now THOSE are to die for!!! 

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

Maybe it's one of those artistic statements against the perceived forcing of holidays onto people and an anti-consumerist stance.

Like @Scylla Rhiadra finding insulting sayings on home decor items... (was it the plates? I bet it was the plates)

Yeah, even i don't believe that.  Both seem in bad taste, proving that none of those items were made for me.  I am not the intended target audience, but someone is buying it or creators would create it.  Like all the ultra-sexy clothing out there right now.  Why is there so much?  Because someone is buying it.

Good sales and good taste for esthetics sadly don't always have to go hand in hand.

• Like 3