32 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

They've been wigging out on me today.. My forum avatar will get huge and the website will look like it's from back when sites were  all text links.. hehehe

it's like the whole background goes poof along with the forum software..

Yep, been doing that for me today, too.  Even refreshing or closing and reopening the browser didn't work.

• Like 2

Are you even an owner of an animal avatar if you haven't been half-dragged to some adoption agency because you're too polite to say no?  Yeah, that was my last hour, all because I didn't feel like being confined to humanity's expectation for decorum for fifteen minutes in a sandbox.

Then I crashed.

It's like the universe took pity on me somehow. It really said "Here, you absolute fool, a get-out-of-adoption free card."

Thank goodness.

Edited by cariboustag
typos. also yes, being too nice is a reoccuring issue for me.
  • Like 1
  • Sad 3

1 hour ago, cariboustag said:

Are you even an owner of an animal avatar if you haven't been half-dragged to some adoption agency because you're too polite to say no?  Yeah, that was my last hour, all because I didn't feel like being confined to humanity's expectation for decorum for fifteen minutes in a sandbox.

Then I crashed.

It's like the universe took pity on me somehow. It really said "Here, you absolute fool, a get-out-of-adoption free card."

Thank goodness.

I misread this at first, as if someone was going to help you adopt an animal companion. Thank goodness you escaped the "agency" before the required neutering! On the plus side, you could have ended up pulling Santa's sleigh.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

What????

For real??? 😲

Unfortunately so! Was a nice woman and all, approached me as I was fiddling in a sandbox, and we got to chatting. And then so on and so forth, I'm jettisoned into a sim decorated like a kindergarten with a horse who thinks he's a cow.

1 hour ago, Love Zhaoying said:

I misread this at first, as if someone was going to help you adopt an animal companion. Thank goodness you escaped the "agency" before the required neutering! On the plus side, you could have ended up pulling Santa's sleigh.

Thankfully, I don't have the uh.. "equipment" for neutering, but the thought terrifies me all the same. I guess being spayed is even worse! I mean, I wouldn't mind a place on that sled team, at least they get fame.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, cariboustag said:

Unfortunately so! Was a nice woman and all, approached me as I was fiddling in a sandbox, and we got to chatting. And then so on and so forth, I'm jettisoned into a sim decorated like a kindergarten with a horse who thinks he's a cow.

I have soooo many questions . . .

• Haha 2

Peeve. Me. Because I'm an idiot.

Idiocy 1

Ok, so first, I visited a fairly well-known women's clothing store looking for something that might pass as a sort of Edwardian or Victorian nightgown. There were a couple of things that looked as though they MIGHT, but I couldn't find the buttons for demos. For ANYTHING. I even used area search. I waited for . . . 5 minutes? . . . for them to rez, and they just didn't. Then, like an idiot, I decided that this was a store I knew well and trusted, so I just bought the thing I wanted.

Or thought I did. The popup prompted me to pay for the correct garment, but what was actually delivered was a different one. But I didn't notice this until I got home with it.

Idiocy 2

So, having discovered that I'd been sent the wrong garment, I went back to the store. I checked out the vendor, and went through the process of clicking pay. The popup box specified the correct garment -- the one I wanted. So, I reasoned, I must have accidentally clicked on the wrong garment the first time. To find out, I bought it again.

And, of course, was once again sent the wrong garment.

Idiocy 3

So, I wrote up a notecard for the store owner, which included an explanation, and a screenshot of the message in chat which showed that I was promised one garment but received another. And I checked out the redelivery, which, it turned out, would have redelivered the wrong garment again.

THEN I noticed that, at last, the "Demo" button had rezzed. So I got a copy, and went home to check out the demo.

The demo is of the correct garment. And it turns out that it won't work for what I want it for anyway.

So . . . to sum it up, I payed twice for a garment that I'd not have bought in the first place had I actually demoed it first, and received two copies of a dress that I never actually wanted (although, it's fine. I just don't know how I'd use it.)

I am L$900 poorer, and, apparently, no wiser, for all of my 15 years in SL.

I am just a wee bit annoyed at myself.

Edited by Scylla Rhiadra
Typo
  • Like 4
  • Sad 2

2 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

I think the strip is "My Cage". The unicorn  horse is Kenny (a minor character).

I’ll look it up! I thought Phineas would be an appropriate name after the poor guy who gave himself a lobotomy after firing a railroad rod into his prefrontal cortex 🙈🙈 and lived to tell the tale.. and allowed doctors to understand what various part of the brain do 🙈🙈

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Krystina Ferraris said:

I’ll look it up! I thought Phineas would be an appropriate name after the poor guy who gave himself a lobotomy after firing a railroad rod into his prefrontal cortex 🙈🙈 and lived to tell the tale.. and allowed doctors to understand what various part of the brain do 🙈🙈

Oh, the real life guy who split his corpus callosum!  We learned about that in college.

It could be that's why they chose what looked like a railroad spike for Kenny!

Edited by Love Zhaoying
misspelled callosum
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

So . . . to sum it up, I payed twice for a garment that I'd not have bought in the first place had I actually demoed it first, and received two copies of a dress that I never actually wanted (although, it's fine. I just don't know how I'd use it.)

If there's one thing I've learned in SL, it's that you can find a use for absolutely any dress. I'll say the same for heads and skins. You may just have to build an avatar around it, is all.

Peeve: How do you think I wound up with, oh...135 different looks? Questionable purchases is my middle name! 😂

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, Robin Kiyori said:

sl peeve:  unisex sections in the mp being filled with non unisex things

Blah, so much this. Shopping for that on the MP is absolutely awful. Maybe Flickr groups would be a bit better. Some people are pretty good about listing out where they got their clothes/accessories. That's pretty much how I shop these days, in addition to visiting random stores in-world.

And re: the dizziness, feel better soon!

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

If there's one thing I've learned in SL, it's that you can find a use for absolutely any dress. I'll say the same for heads and skins. You may just have to build an avatar around it, is all.

Peeve: How do you think I wound up with, oh...135 different looks? Questionable purchases is my middle name! 😂

Oh yes, the dress I accidentally bought (twice) is fine. It's beautiful, in a Scarlet O'Hara kind of way ("As God is my witness, I'll never buy without demoing again!"), and this creator produces very reliably well-made clothing. I am sure I'll be able to put it to some good use. 

Now if I can only work out how to wear two copies of it at the same time in a meaningful way . . .

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

in a Scarlet O'Hara kind of way ("As God is my witness, I'll never buy without demoing again!")

See: Carol Burnett in the famous "Curtain Rod" gown, in "Went With the Wind".

Carol as Scarlett: "I saw it in the window, and just couldn't resist it."

Edited by Love Zhaoying
  • Haha 4

5 hours ago, Missy Starchild said:

Be me, who regularly searches for things on the MP. See an item that looks pretty good, but suddenly:

"Demo is at our store!"

Pass. Moving on.

Oh my god, you put my hugest peeve into words. I HATE that so much. No, I won't drudge to your mainstore when you could've slapped that on the MP with zero effort. Why?!

• Like 3

This started as a Peeve, but I'm not so sure if it's "smart" instead.

I was browsing skins on the MP and saw one vendor who makes the Demo listing pictures in B/W instead of color.

This "peeved me" because you can't tell what the color is, until I realized - the non-demo / colored version is probably near it in the search results.  This approach helps to "disambiguate" the Demo from the Non-Demo products.  

But still..a B/W picture..of a skin..