11 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Where are you seeing this?

ETA:

NVM. Found it.

That's a little vague. But it doesn't sound good.

Peeve: I can guess which thread(s) resulted in this. Basically, people complaining about things and "calling out" Lindens on the issues / things they do not like.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

I've posted in Forums Feedback requesting a clarification.

Peeve:  Does it really matter?
Rule of thumb: Lindens and Moles can close a thread at whim. There is such a bunch of rules and regulations, there always fits one.

Another Peeve:  Really discussing something is hardly possible. 

Why are there so many nice people left on the forums that make me come back every time?

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Sid Nagy said:

Peeve:  Does it really matter?
Rule of thumb: Lindens and Moles can close a thread at whim. There is such a bunch of rules and regulations, there always fits one.

Another Peeve:  Really discussing something is hardly possible. 

Why are there so many nice people left on the forums that make me come back every time?

It doesn't matter but it does for the sake of consistency. With the new rule the thread Stop Free Memeberships? would likely not have been started as it would clearly be in violation for asking about a system wide change. This would be the same for many of the more active threads discussed in the General Discussion section in past. Knowing this ahead of time could save a resident from initiating a thread and possible getting a warning and or ban as a result.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Peeve: When you see the "locals" (Forumites) grab their torches and pitchforks, you know what's coming next..

Changing of profile pictures to reflect outrage or injustice done!

I was thinking of a dragon since we we're referred to as 'forum dragons'.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Arielle Popstar said:

Peeve at new Forum rule, aka: 

The Forums are for the community to discuss Second Life and should not be used to Call out Lindens or request changes to the system.

So we can no longer complain when stuff isn't working because asking for it to be fixed would be tantamount to asking for the system to be changed.

Awh man... that's basically all I do here.

My only peeve today is I have a migraine that's made the unilateral decision that I cannot be left on my own, and it's managed thwarting meds. 

Migraines are a pain, har har, all on their own. They are an even bigger pain the day after a holiday when children are sugared up beyond belief and no one is prepared or inclined to behave like a human being. This town's ToT was Saturday, but most surrounding towns have it on the 31st.

I did get to confiscate a very large bag (really big tote almost completely full) of candy today though, because it was being used as a weapon. The mom at pickup said "keep it, I told him not to take it out of my room and he did it twice, so now he gets nothing".

So, kudos to that mom and yay for my desk drawer full of lunch candy! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

The Forums are for the community to discuss Second Life and should not be used to Call out Lindens or request changes to the system.

So we can no longer complain when stuff isn't working because asking for it to be fixed would be tantamount to asking for the system to be changed.

That doesn't look like it is about fixes, but more requesting changes, which is probably a hint to make a jira if you want to request changes..

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

That doesn't look like it is about fixes, but more requesting changes, which is probably a hint to make a jira if you want to request changes..

Yep and what they always come in and say.  File a Feature Request on the jira.  

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Casidy Silvercloud said:

My only peeve today is I have a migraine that's made the unilateral decision that I cannot be left on my own, and it's managed thwarting meds. 

Migraines are a pain, har har, all on their own. They are an even bigger pain the day after a holiday when children are sugared up beyond belief and no one is prepared or inclined to behave like a human being. This town's ToT was Saturday, but most surrounding towns have it on the 31st.

I did get to confiscate a very large bag (really big tote almost completely full) of candy today though, because it was being used as a weapon. The mom at pickup said "keep it, I told him not to take it out of my room and he did it twice, so now he gets nothing".

So, kudos to that mom and yay for my desk drawer full of lunch candy! 

Is there any connection, perchance, between you having the migraine, but also having acquired that big bag of candy? 

E-numbers just are not our friend.

Pet Delight: You reminded me that I bought some "Christmas" chocolates a few days ago, stashed them in a safe place. I am about to retrieve them, make a coffee, and go watch Tom Hanks in A Beautiful Day in the Neighbourhood.

Thank you. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Exactly, as someone who started using the Forum "relatively recently" (see my low post count as evidence), I don't see a big difference.

Just think, if they brought your post count from the older forums over , it would be even bigger.. hehehe

I lost like 5k I think when they switched over, so even with those not added, I'm  still more recent than you are.. :D

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

Just think, if they brought your post count from the older forums over , it would be even bigger.. hehehe

I lost like 5k I think when they switched over, so even with those not added, I'm  still more recent than you are.. :D

Peeve: I honestly don't remember the old forums! My "join date" is pretty recent here (vs. in-world). Confession: yes, I was joshing about post count.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Marigold Devin said:

Is there any connection, perchance, between you having the migraine, but also having acquired that big bag of candy? 

Sadly, no, I had the migraine when I woke up. I get them every now and then, usually meds help a bit. It was a long day at school today though and I'm certain that didn't help any. The day after holidays can get like that with little kids sometimes. They're still figuring out how to be students at this point, I give them as much leeway as I can and we have minimal work days when things start to really go awry. 

4 minutes ago, Marigold Devin said:

Pet Delight: You reminded me that I bought some "Christmas" chocolates a few days ago, stashed them in a safe place. I am about to retrieve them, make a coffee, and go watch Tom Hanks in A Beautiful Day in the Neighbourhood.

Thank you.

You're welcome, and you just reminded me I still haven't seen that movie, lmao. I really need to. It's on my list of movies. I should watch it. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Arielle Popstar said:

Yes much easier to quietly sweep it under the carpet in the Jira then from the forums.

I don't know about all that.. I was just saying, it didn't sound like it was about fixes.. I really didn't get involved in some of the recent threads because I'm not around as much because of work.. So I don't really even know what all triggered the new rules..

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Ceka Cianci said:
4 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

Yes much easier to quietly sweep it under the carpet in the Jira then from the forums.

I don't know about all that.. I was just saying, it didn't sound like it was about fixes.. I really didn't get involved in some of the recent threads because I'm not around as much because of work.. So I don't really even know what all triggered the new rules..

Carpet?!? When I was a cub, we didn't even have floors! Not even dirt! We just hung out in mid-air, never falling. 

3 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Peeve: I honestly don't remember the old forums! My "join date" is pretty recent here (vs. in-world). Confession: yes, I was joshing about post count.

Me too, I don't even really ever pay attention to it.. I'm more in world than forums these days  myself.. If I'm here, I usually have in world going most of the time..

• Like 1

It doesn't matter but it does for the sake of consistency. With the new rule the thread Stop Free Memeberships? would likely not have been started as it would clearly be in violation for asking about a system wide change. This would be the same for many of the more active threads discussed in the General Discussion section in past. Knowing this ahead of time could save a resident from initiating a thread and possible getting a warning and or ban as a result.

I am by no means clear that this is a new rule. It might just be the way in which Dakota expressed his issues with that particular thread -- a thread that would likely have been closed anyway for any number of reasons and rules already well-known and in place.

I don't think we need to panic about this, or even speculate as to what it might or might not mean yet. I requested a clarification so that we can be clear on whether or not this will impact in the way you suggest.

My personal guess is that it won't, and that this isn't really a "new rule" at all, but rather a not-very-clearly expressed "suggestion" that the JIRA be used for this kind of thing. I suspect that Dakota wasn't intending to signal a new policy at all.

But I'd like to know for sure, as we've been caught a little unprepared for some previous shifts (see the BB debacle, for instance), so I've asked for this clarification.

Edited by Scylla Rhiadra
EmPHASis
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:
2 hours ago, Arielle Popstar said:

That's exactly what it looks like.  Nothing new.  Just "If you really want to request a feature change, submit a JIRA. Don't expect Lindens to notice a request in the forums."  The thread was basically a discussion of the OP's rant, but it was peppered with tags for various Lindens, which are a waste of time and have to be mildly annoying.  So that part of the message was a throwaway note to the OP, not a new "rule". 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2