55 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Peeve: Assuming "knowing what someone's computer room looks like" is code for "we spoke on webcam".

Ewww..TMI!

(Why "Ewwww"? If all you did was "speak" on webcam, then there's no need for a euphemism such as "know what my computer room looks like".)

Or you know what virtual background they're using on Zoom.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Peeve: Assuming "knowing what someone's computer room looks like" is code for "we spoke on webcam".

Ewww..TMI!

(Why "Ewwww"? If all you did was "speak" on webcam, then there's no need for a euphemism such as "know what my computer room looks like".)

LOL, I'm sure pics of my computer room would make a "Matrix" fan salivate, but I think anyone who doesn't fall into that category would go "Ewww". It ain't pretty. Which is exactly how I like it.

Edited by Bagnu
  • Like 2

38 minutes ago, Bagnu said:

LOL, I'm sure pics of my computer room would make a "Matrix" fan salivate, but I think anyone who doesn't fall into that category would go "Ewww". It ain't pretty. Which is exactly how I like it.

At a business meeting I recently attended on Google Meet, someone asked one of the participants, when he asked for questions after his presentation, "Are you really calling in from the command deck of the USS Enterprise?"

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 7

50 minutes ago, Innula Zenovka said:

At a business meeting I recently attended on Google Meet, someone asked one of the participants, when he asked for questions after his presentation, "Are you really calling in from the command deck of the USS Enterprise?"

I loved seeing when people would mess up in those zoom meetings and forget things they had in the background..

One guy got so comfy that he started smoking weed during a zoom meeting.. hehehe

That didn't end well for him..

• Haha 7

1 hour ago, Innula Zenovka said:

LOL, f you saw a pic of my computer room, you would KNOW it's real. No one would deliberately make it look like mine.

• Haha 2

Peeve: When people think that they are the centerpiece and norm of everything, wherever they go or are.
One finds them everywhere. And the next generation is even worse.

Edited by Sid Nagy
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, Bagnu said:

Peeve: people who just like to "fit in", and don't express themselves, even if it means being shunned.

I don't understand.  Why is that a peeve?  I mean, if someone chooses to just "fit in" for whatever reason, why should that bother you?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, Rolig Loon said:

I don't understand.  Why is that a peeve?  I mean, if someone chooses to just "fit in" for whatever reason, why should that bother you?

My answer:

Peeve: people who pull me aside and say "I think you're a great guy, but don't let anyone else know I like you, because you're weird, and I'm worried about what other people will think of me".  Happened way too many times in RL

Major peeve: It still happens here in SL

It's not to the same degree in SL, but it still effings hurts.

Sometimes wanting to fit in can really hurt someone.

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

2 minutes ago, Bagnu said:

My answer:

Peeve: people who pull me aside and say "I think you're a great guy, but don't let anyone else know I like you, because you're weird, and I'm worried about what other people will think of me".  Happened way too many times in RL

Major peeve: It still happens here in SL

It's not to the same degree in SL, but it still effings hurts.

Sometimes wanting to fit in can really hurt someone.

Oh, I understand what you mean now. It sounds like the "someone" being hurt is you, not the other person.  Hence the peeve. That's what was confusing me. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Rolig Loon said:

Oh, I understand what you mean now. It sounds like the "someone" being hurt is you, not the other person.  Hence the peeve. That's what was confusing me. 

Yes, it IS me feeling hurt.

2 minutes ago, Bagnu said:
5 minutes ago, Rolig Loon said:

It sounds like you have three choices, none of which is easy:

1. Don't be quite so "weird".

2. Try finding friends who are just as "weird" as you are.

3. Get comfortable with your "weirdness" and stop worrying about what other people think.

I will not begin to guess which choice is best, especially since they are all painful in one way or another. Still, they beat being peeved forever. That's my pop psychoanalysis for the day.

• Like 6

21 minutes ago, Bagnu said:

That sounds like a them problem. Don't let it get to you.

I'm weird as hell and I'm never ever shy about that. The people I keep around are either A) just as bonkers as I am, or B) find it charming for some reason and continue to hang around despite all that. If someone came up to me and said hey you're fun and all, but kinda weird sOoOoOooOoooOoO...don't tell anyone we're friends (which has actually never happened), I'd give them the ole eff ewe.

Edited by Ayashe Ninetails
Grammaring
  • Like 4

12 minutes ago, Rolig Loon said:

It sounds like you have three choices, none of which is easy:

1. Don't be quite so "weird".

2. Try finding friends who are just as "weird" as you are.

3. Get comfortable with your "weirdness" and stop worrying about what other people think.

I will not begin to guess which choice is best, especially since they are all painful in one way or another. Still, they beat being peeved forever. That's my pop psychoanalysis for the day.

1. Oh i have no intention of not being weird, That's literally impossible. Nor would I even want to try.

2. I have people around me who are just as weird. Some just like to hide it.

3. It's what the people closest to me think that matters the most to me.

4. I'm not usually peeved about anything. I just ignore things that peeve me when it's possible. 

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Bagnu said:

I first thought the forums were an extension of inworld RP, but I realized they are not that. I've met a few people from here. Only one person was different. They were nice here, and horrible inworld.  

I'm exactly the same here as I am inworld, except I might be female sometimes.

That would be me. I am "Marmite" on the forums, but am only ok in very small doses inworld. 

People might say you're weird. We're ALL flippin' well weird to everybody who doesn't 'get' Second Life. We just have to - like Rolig says - find people who are the same kind as weird as us. 

It takes all sorts to make a world. 

At least here on the forums we can have our little disagreements, go off to our corners, and come back after a little bit of thinking time, reason things out. In world it's a bit more instant, less chance to edit and to think, and situations can get blown up out of all proportion far more easily.

Edited by Marigold Devin
  • Like 3

52 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

Peeve: Forgetting what I was peeved about, but still being peeved.

That's just gonna drive me up a wall until it comes back to me.

I'm peeved about time. I took a three day weekend, which is extremely rare for me, and I can't account for it. I have spent hardly any time in world, so I can't blame it on that. I have a pile of books and magazines unread, which I planned to at least have a skim through.

Where has time gone? 

• Like 3