Just now, Silent Mistwalker said:

Ohhh pffft.

C'mon, Silent! Sending foreign language speakers off into exile on a subforum that almost no one reads is pretty parochial. SL is international! I think we should celebrate that, rather than insist that "foreigners" (who aren't really "foreign" at all, in the context of SL) talk somewhere out of sight.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Ohhh pffft.

C'mon, Silent! Sending foreign language speakers off into exile on a subforum that almost no one reads is pretty parochial. SL is international! I think we should celebrate that, rather than insist that "foreigners" (who aren't really "foreign" at all, in the context of SL) talk somewhere out of sight.

This when International is in the title. 🙄

I see what you did there. You need to up your game a bit. 🤭

Dit is een heel belangrijk bericht, ik schrijf het in het Nederlands zodat de mollen het niet kunnen lezen! we moeten praten over de buitenaardse invasie op aarde, dit is geen grap! Misschien werkt kwartsmol samen met de buitenaardse wezens, daarom verwijdert hij ons niet-SL-gesprek... zodat we niet over deze noodsituatie kunnen praten! :o

• Haha 5

12 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Personally, were I to incorporate Chinese characters and Mandarin into an image, I'd make sure I knew what they said, and what they connoted. It's not that hard, after all: we have this thing called "the Internet."

ad55733f-6e5a-4cd2-b05d-62091b52c31a_tex

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

19 minutes ago, Rat Luv said:

Dit is een heel belangrijk bericht, ik schrijf het in het Nederlands zodat de mollen het niet kunnen lezen! we moeten praten over de buitenaardse invasie op aarde, dit is geen grap! Misschien werkt kwartsmol samen met de buitenaardse wezens, daarom verwijdert hij ons niet-SL-gesprek... zodat we niet over deze noodsituatie kunnen praten! :o

Mee eens, maar iedereen weet dat de aliens Nederlands spreken!* Nu heb je ze geïnformeerd over onze voorbereidingen om hun verovering van SL tegen te gaan!

*Dat is niet hetzelfde als zeggen dat Nederlanders aliens zijn.
Grotendeels.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Peeve: "I haven't logged into Second Life for 2 years, but I keep up with things and have many complaints about things that I know have not changed."

Not much different from those who might log into the world and then go afk because they are in the forums for their waking moments.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

Dubblezoute drop (double salted licorice drops) might be better because the salt is a better anti bacterial agent?

I was avoiding getting into the whole herbal tea and esoteric herbal remedies topic, but if one has a seriously sore throat, put whisky and lemon juice into your tea along with the honey. Alcohol kills germs, numbs a sore throat, and helps folks fall asleep. Lemon seems to boost the body's immune system too, imo. Some people swear by a concoction with hot peppers, garlic, and lemon juice, but I'll pass on that.

Edited by Persephone Emerald
  • Like 2