5 minutes ago, Linnea Evergarden said:

I did ask they stared they wont because of a partnership with *Introducer of propritary AO* and i stand by my analogy because it is poison for the compatibility we have enjoyed in Secondlife untill now

Your feelings and opinions are valid, and I totally sympathize with you. But I can say for certain, that creators will make for what is big, especially if it means they use their profits, to provide for themselves and their families. That being said, I think the best thing to do now. Is to learn how to draw and make textures and maybe try your hand at creating content like that for SL. 

6 minutes ago, Sammy Huntsman said:

Your feelings and opinions are valid, and I totally sympathize with you. But I can say for certain, that creators will make for what is big, especially if it means they use their profits, to provide for themselves and their families. That being said, I think the best thing to do now. Is to learn how to draw and make textures and maybe try your hand at creating content like that for SL. 

don't care everyone that has fallen for the Smoke and mirrors that is the proprietary AO map has has been hoodwinked over false advantages and universality made second life a Worse place because of it. and that is my Position no mater whatever snappy rejoinders anyone come up with.

And it is My Pet Peeve.

Edited by Linnea Evergarden
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Linnea Evergarden said:

don't care everyone that has fallen for the Smoke and mirrors that is the proprietary AO map has has been hoodwinked over false advantages and universality made second life a Worse place because of it. and that is my Position no mater whatever snappy rejoinders anyone come up with.

And it is My Pet Peeve.

It is and your pet peeves aside, you comparing creators and consumers alike buying into Lelus EVOX UV and the Jonestown Massacre. It's wrong on so many levels, the fact that you are taking something like the Jonestown Massacre(in which 918 people died that day) to something so trivial and small as you not being able to use things. Is absolutely disgusting and is doing a great disservice to the victims of that day. Those two instances are not comparable whatsoever. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

On 8/1/2023 at 2:04 PM, Istelathis said:

There is a horizon box full of Arcadia stuff.  The downside is that it takes nearly a full region to unpack it all 😅  Sometimes when I am bored I will go to an empty sandbox, and rezz it while 2000+ meters in the sky,  to wander around in.  It might be in there, it  has been a while since I last spawned it though.

In Opensim there are entire OARs you can download that have the city in them as well, and I think there is even a few regions owned by Arcardia, at leas that is the impression I had.  

Peeve:  I was not here when Arcadia was still roaming SL, it appears that I missed out on a lot of cool stuff dating back from that time. 

I have a bunch of her stuff,  can't remember where I picked it up or if it's there anymore. She meant for all her work to be free to anyone so she made everything with full perms but some bits became no mod somehow in the transfer/opening of boxes.

image.png.42cd74664fada63a00fed79271913b81.pngimage.png.f5fc883cb36b29c2f3a94b7dd08b8ac9.png

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Sammy Huntsman said:
4 hours ago, Linnea Evergarden said:

And it is My Pet Peeve.

It is and your pet peeves aside, you comparing creators and consumers alike buying into Lelus EVOX UV and the Jonestown Massacre. It's wrong on so many levels, the fact that you are taking something like the Jonestown Massacre(in which 918 people died that day) to something so trivial and small as you not being able to use things. Is absolutely disgusting and is doing a great disservice to the victims of that day. Those two instances are not comparable whatsoever. 

I think Linnea is not being literal and instead is using a figure of speech. I doubt she thinks her situation or anything related to it is comparable to those who died at Jonestown.

It would be like me saying, "man, I feel like I've been hit by a truck today".  You wouldn't respond by saying "how dare you compare yourself to poor souls who have been hit by trucks and died or been damaged for life when you're likely having a bad hair day and didn't get enough sleep".  You'd know it was just an expression, an exaggeration, a figure of speech, rhetorical, perhaps even a bit sardonic......not a literal statement.

PET PEEVE:  Hooman communication can sometimes be so difficult.

Edited by Luna Bliss
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Sammy Huntsman said:

I don't disagree with you that there are some high quality artists in SL. But I mean have you tried Nuve, for makeups. I know they make for catwa hd pro. 

Nuve has nice skins. They have some for Catwa HD pro, but most of their new head skins are for EvoX. It's the same with 7DS. They have plenty of Catwa skins, but most of the new skins are for EvoX. 

4 hours ago, Sammy Huntsman said:

"Drinking the Kool-aid" has become a standard expression in American English. People joke about the Donner Party, the Titantic, and the Hindenburg too. Enough time has passed that it's become socially acceptable. It's not necessary to reference Jonestown directly though.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

32 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:
37 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

What is that, Solar?

Pet Peeve: I don't know this acronym.  And are you saying it's bad to be one of these, whatever it is?

Free Open-Source Software

I googled "FOSS Evangelist" and got Steve Foss Ministries as top results. I wouldn't be able to figure out what Solar is alluding to.

Edited by Eddy Vortex
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

32 minutes ago, Persephone Emerald said:

"Drinking the Kool-aid" has become a standard expression in American English. People joke about the Donner Party, the Titantic, and the Hindenburg too. Enough time has passed that it's become socially acceptable.

Were you around when someone referenced Anne Frank when describing how their freedom was limited (just being rhetorical, feeling oppressed in many ways)? I thought some on the forum were going to eat him alive. Too soon, I guess, to make light of it in any way.

40 minutes ago, Persephone Emerald said:

"Drinking the Kool-aid" has become a standard expression in American English. People joke about the Donner Party, the Titantic, and the Hindenburg too. Enough time has passed that it's become socially acceptable. It's not necessary to reference Jonestown directly though.

Ironically, it's more controversial to compare people to Notsees!

• Like 1