17 minutes ago, kali Wylder said:

Some landmarks were from old houses of mine but some were for cute little parks that I had landmarked.  and thanks :)

Yes.  That was it.  I'd forgotten that that particular alt was a bot. I guess this change in rules was a result of that grid wide bot invasion cataloging and publishing all those private details and causing an uproar.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

A lot of people have a hard time pronouncing 'Schweiz' (Switzerland). A lot of people also have a hard time pronouncing 'Schnitzel'. If you struggle with both, perhaps don't make a cooking video for Schweizerschnitzel.

giphy.gif

Just now, Orwar said:

A lot of people have a hard time pronouncing 'Schweiz' (Switzerland). A lot of people also have a hard time pronouncing 'Schnitzel'. If you struggle with both, perhaps don't make a cooking video for Schweizerschnitzel.

giphy.gif

In case you weren't aware, a lot of people in the U.S. only heard the word "Schnitzel" in the context of a fast food chain!

https://www.wienerschnitzel.com/

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

So many little peeves today.

Burger King, Barbie, AI, Steam sending out wishlist sale notices one by one, nonstop spam about my #$@#!, Spotify, Slack's insistence that there are new messages I already read two hours ago...

Where are the meteors? Weren't we promised meteors?! 😩

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

8 minutes ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

Burger King, Barbie, AI, Steam sending out wishlist sale notices one by one, nonstop spam about my #$@#!, Spotify, Slack's insistence that there are new messages I already read two hours ago...

Ayashe, why are you so peeved over peeves today?

When we are peeved about peeves it indicates..............oh, nvm...

2 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

Ayashe, why are you so peeved over peeves today?

When we are peeved about peeves it indicates..............oh, nvm...

I'm peeved over my peeves which are peeving me because I'm cranky today. My coffee didn't hit right or something, I tell ya. 😂

But also, Burger King put pink sauce on a burger to celebrate Barbie. PINK SAUCE. I think that's what tipped my scales. Well, that and their cheeseburger that's nothing but 20 slices of American cheese. What the actual...

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

23 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

In case you weren't aware, a lot of people in the U.S. only heard the word "Schnitzel" in the context of a fast food chain!

I'm quite well aware of the average American's unawareness of worldly stuff in general - it's a quite the source of sardonic satisfaction!

• Thanks 2

31 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Thank you.  I wasn't aware of the fast food chain. I only know of Wienerschnitzel as a veal cutlet. I learn something new every day.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

Barbie

Well, one should try to retain an optimistic perspective on life!

I read this today on Twitter from a conservative movie critic:

"#BarbieWarner_Bros_Barbie_2023_Update.png is a two hour woke-a-thon brimming with feminist lectures and nuclear-level rage against men"

And now, of course, I'm just pumped. 😏

• Haha 4

Just now, Paul Hexem said:

Here's a peeve. People digging through your post history to take irrelevant stuff even further out of context when they want to argue with you. 

It's funny you should say that, as I have a screenshot of something you said in February of 2019 that is exactly the opposite of this.

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, Orwar said:

I'm quite well aware of the average American's unawareness of worldly stuff in general - it's a quite the source of sardonic satisfaction!

I hope I can eventually persuade you to exclude me from this list. It itches being on it. I've been calling myself an honorary Brit for the longest time just to avoid it. That's not accurate in the slightest, but I do what I can.

Btw, I can pronounce those words. I dunno who to thank for that. Eisbrecher or my Elementary German class in college. Maybe both. 😏

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

3gv6eg.gif

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

"#BarbieWarner_Bros_Barbie_2023_Update.png is a two hour woke-a-thon brimming with feminist lectures and nuclear-level rage against men"

Pink sauce on a burger tho. For real, I'm so over this movie, whether it's good or not. The marketing is driving me insane.

To be fair, I felt the same way about The Little Mermaid remake. First of all, ew, live action remakes, and secondly, I got so tired of grown adults arguing over a fictional freakin' mermaid.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Believe it or not, that's disappointing if true. Got a friend that wants me to see it with her. I had hoped it'd at least be a little fun, with that cast.

It's funny you should say that, as I have a screenshot of something you said in February of 2019 that is exactly the opposite of this.

A feminist would!

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

Pink sauce on a burger tho. For real, I'm so over this movie, whether it's good or not. The marketing is driving me insane.

To be fair, I felt the same way about The Little Mermaid remake. First of all, ew, live action remakes, and secondly, I got so tired of grown adults arguing over a fictional freakin' mermaid.

I have a tee for you that neatly embodies both your weariness, and your desire for a fiery end to the world!

Barbeheimer-2023-T-Shirt-Barbie-Oppenhei

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Paul Hexem said:

Got a friend that wants me to see it with her.

Be careful, Paul, it is reputed to be influenced by demons:

"A Religious leader is telling the public to not see the newest Barbie movie because it has “demonic influences” and any child who sees it will behave differently. "

https://www.wtrf.com/news/religious-leader-says-barbie-movie-has-demonic-influences-and-children-who-see-the-movie-will-behave-differently/

I have to say, I'm a little peeved about this.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Paul Hexem said:

Believe it or not, that's disappointing if true. Got a friend that wants me to see it with her. I had hoped it'd at least be a little fun, with that cast.

It's directed by Greta Gerwig. I'm anticipating that it should be fun, clever, and, yeah, at least a little "feminist."

Hey, if I can anticipate enjoying a film by that arch-conservative Christopher Nolan, YOU can suck up a bit of feminism alongside the jokes!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

Be careful, Paul, it is reputed to be influenced by demons:

"A Religious leader is telling the public to not see the newest Barbie movie because it has “demonic influences” and any child who sees it will behave differently. "

https://www.wtrf.com/news/religious-leader-says-barbie-movie-has-demonic-influences-and-children-who-see-the-movie-will-behave-differently/

I have to say, I'm a little peeved about this.

It's directed by Greta Gerwig. I'm anticipating that it should be fun, clever, and, yeah, at least a little "feminist."

Hey, if I can anticipate enjoying a film by that arch-conservative Christopher Nolan, YOU can suck up a bit of feminism alongside the jokes!

Demons I can handle. Feminists are what scare me.

• Haha 4