5 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

YOU are a feature! I'd live next door to that beauty!

Thank you! I've just finished (well, more or less) renovating!

It used to be a sort of dystopian urban Brutalist setting -- kind of "This is what Late Stage Capitalism looks like" -- and it was an awful downer.

So I tried to produce instead something positive and welcoming: an urban space reclaimed for people. Hence the open space with wild grasses, the vegetable plots, the children's playground / daycare centre, a wheelchair ramp, the apiary, etc. (Oh, and the new goat. Someone has to keep the grass under control, and I ain't mowing.)

I feel happy there. And I hope others visiting do too.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

I'd be afraid people think I work there, and start asking where the toilet paper is..

The toilet paper is a free group gift that came out during COVID. All the past group gifts are at the main landing zone. The group is free join too. 😃 

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Persephone Emerald said:

The toilet paper is a free group gift that came out during COVID. All the past group gifts are at the main landing zone. The group is free join too. 😃 

Is the landing zone the "Red Zone", or the "White Zone"?

8 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Maybe they'll sell up and I can buy it . . .

I don't get attached to land.
If I get peeved over the builds of my neighbors, I pack my bags and move as soon as the ticker is on 1-2 days left,
That is the big advantage of leasing on private land.

• Like 3

Just now, Sid Nagy said:

I don't get attached to land.
If I get peeved over the builds of my neighbors, I pack my bags and move as soon as the ticker is on 1-2 days left,
That is the big advantage of leasing on private land.

Understood, and fair enough.

I do like this parcel. Aside from sentimental attachments and, as I say, the history of the place, I doubt very much I could afford something so well located. I really DO like being on the SLRR.

I've rented on private estates before myself and, unless you're in a community that has been planned and built up, they are all more or less the same, I find.

• Like 1

My problem is, I hate mainland. Always did, almost from day one I arrived in 2007.
Sure, there are a few nicely developed sims out there, but most is still one big desolate place with here and there a nice idea. Excluding Bellisseria as being traditional mainland.

Maybe it is because I'm from a small country that is densely populated, where every square meter is structured and zoned, that I don't like mainland.

Edited by Sid Nagy
Small text improvements.
  • Like 4

Timed demos. I already have a logo floating above my head, so what exactly is the point? What if I want to spend time using demos to make sure a new fit looks right, but then my pants poof off? 

In my experience they're extremely rare though so it's just a small nitpick.

Edited by Missy Starchild
  • Like 3

9 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Peeve: I thought tomorrow (Monday) was 7/4. So I didn't "ask off" of work.  

Luckily, most people won't be working and took a 4-day weekend.

So I can login and just be lazy tomorrow.

They didn't give you the longer weekend for the holiday? Where is this place and who do I slap?! \o/

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Missy Starchild said:

Timed demos. I already have a logo floating above my head, so what exactly is the point? What if I want to spend time using demos to make sure a new fit looks right, but then my pants poof off? 

In my experience they're extremely rare though so it's just a small nitpick.

Even worse is paid for timed demos.. I had one that cost 1L and the timer was set to 2 minutes..

I swear, you would think they were just in it for the 1L, because who would buy from them after that.

They immediately went on my black list I keep for sellers I won't ever be doing business with again.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Marigold Devin said:

Peeve: The BBC weather forecast v the actual weather. Laughably they predict ten days ahead when they can't even get the next hour right most of the time. 

It's not only the BBC. It almost looks like the weather forecasters are trying to sell their weather with more extremes than in fact happen. It almost seems as if people are a bit disappointed when we have normal, a bit unstable West European summer weather, without weather alarms or records to break.

Edited by Sid Nagy
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Ceka Cianci said:

Even worse is paid for timed demos.. I had one that cost 1L and the timer was set to 2 minutes..

I swear, you would think they were just in it for the 1L, because who would buy from them after that.

They immediately went on my black list I keep for sellers I won't ever be doing business with again.

Ah yes, my favourite combination of two of the worst things on the MP... timed demos and 1L demos. Like some kind of supervillain with the powers of passive aggression is the one selling it.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Sid Nagy said:

It's not only the BBC. It almost looks like the weather forecasters are trying to sell their weather with more extremes than in fact happen. It almost seems as if people are a bit disappointed when we have normal, a bit unstable West European summer weather, without weather alarms or records to break.

I only read maybe 1 "Star Trek" novel, but in that book Spock was on Earth for some "downtime" (whatever a Spock "vacation" would be like) and in his spare time solved the "problem" of British / European weather.  I thought it was obviously a social commentary by the author on the "dreary" and possible unpredictable weather there.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Missy Starchild said:

Ah yes, my favourite combination of two of the worst things on the MP... timed demos and 1L demos. Like some kind of supervillain with the powers of passive aggression is the one selling it.

Sounds like a good premise for a "Dexter's Laboratory" episode.  Mandark ("HaHA, haHA, HAHA!!") makes booby-trapped close for Dexter's sister Dee-Dee.  Dee-Dee cannot resist because the clothes are so cute!  When the timer goes off, the clothes go "poof!" and Dee-Dee runs crying to Dexter.  Dexter takes some diabolical revenge against Mandark, who of course thought he could never be outsmarted by Dexter.

Mandark.jpeg

Deedee dexter.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Rezzing a no copy item (a rare as well) Onto your shop floor forgetting about the rez mesh glitch and it is taken into the black hole and gone forever! Have put my own floor down now so it won't happen again. I wish they would fix it for them to just be sent back to our inventory.

• Like 2

On 12/19/2020 at 4:19 PM, Cindy Evanier said:

Peeve - the virus is mutating and Boris just cancelled Christmas more or less for a lot of people.  

That was a crazy time! Hope we never see the like of it again!

I am a bit of a recluse, work from home and only go out visiting family once a week, so being stuck at home was no big deal, but not seeing family for so long was the worst part. Thank god for video calls, at least we had that sort of contact.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Marigold Devin said:

Peeve: The BBC weather forecast v the actual weather. Laughably they predict ten days ahead when they can't even get the next hour right most of the time. 

Thier models are only accurate up to 72 hours. After that there are only projections because they know they can't accurately predict beyond 72 hours. Not even the 72 hours is always accurate due to unstable atmospheric conditions.

Edited by Silent Mistwalker
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Sid Nagy said:

It is weirdly reassuring that it is happening where you are too. It's almost like weather forecasters are receiving some kind of bonus for scaremongering how hot/cold/wet it's going to be at times, and they look positively gleeful on the TV when they can report "record breaking" temperatures.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Marigold Devin said:

It is weirdly reassuring that it is happening where you are too. It's almost like weather forecasters are receiving some kind of bonus for scaremongering how hot/cold/wet it's going to be at times, and they look positively gleeful on the TV when they can report "record breaking" temperatures.

It helps the powers that be to justify carbon taxes. Being someone who is outside a lot and doesn't pay much attention to weather forecasts, I have noticed how many people have a false memory about how good or bad a season or year was weather wise. They remember the weather forecasts more then the actual weather.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

29 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

It helps the powers that be to justify carbon taxes. Being someone who is outside a lot and doesn't pay much attention to weather forecasts, I have noticed how many people have a false memory about how good or bad a season or year was weather wise. They remember the weather forecasts more then the actual weather.

🙄

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:
58 minutes ago, Marigold Devin said:

We don't have carbon taxes here in the US.  Do you have them? (I assume you're in Canada as I recall.)

Or, are you scare-mongering about carbon taxes?

Peeve: Discussions are so confusing!

ETA: It is literally hotter here in Florida than it was a few short years ago. It also rains less, as the standard "rain every day to cool things off" weather pattern is gone - which is very obvious.  I can no longer walk my dogs during the day - which is very obvious.  My A/C can no longer keep up - which is very obvious. 

Peeve: Not everyone sees the changes, so those of us are affected have to explain it gently and carefully!

Edited by Love Zhaoying
  • Like 3