5 hours ago, Rowan Amore said:

I normally go about 5 over the limit around town.  I also know where the police like to hang out and wait for speeders.  What those tailgaters fail to understand is that when you DO ride my tail, that just makes me go the actual speed limit.  Idjits!

This ^^

Though I don't speed in residential areas, where the speed limit is 20-25, and if someone is climbing up my bumper, I slow down to 5 under the speed limit there.  

By the same token, folks that drive in the left lane of the interstate, below speed limit, will drive me crazy.  Move right damn it.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

I just had my 13th rez day last week.  In all those years in SL I had never used a gesture.  I was at a club yesterday and the DJ was using gestures interactively with everyone there.  Seemed like a fun way to use them.  I was sent the gesture and then had to ask publicly how to use it.  More than one eyebrow was raised when they discovered my in-world age. 😄

I'm now an SL teenager at 13 and I just learned how to use gestures.   Not really a peeve, but I'm putting it here anyway, dang it.  Maybe it will peeve someone enough to be on topic.

Oh!  Peeve: I couldn't be bothered to learn this aspect of SL, so I had to look a little foolish. 🙄 

My first account turned 16 last month -- and I still don't know how to use gestures.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

And today's SL peeve:

Popular merchant sends out Body Survey to see what bodies folks want stuff made for.  "Second Preferred Body" and "Third Preferred Body" are both required fields.  I only have one body and do not give a crap about any others.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

I hate tailgaters, I have a bumper sticker that say's I brake for tailgaters..

I can spot them coming up on me , because it seems like there are so many bad drivers where I live..

They get up on me, I brake and then drive 5 below the speed limit. then turn the music up and forget they are even there.

Can't stand them..  If I can't see their front end, I'm getting a new bumper..

Ironically, gator tails are delicious.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

29 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

I hate tailgaters, I have a bumper sticker that say's I brake for tailgaters..

I can spot them coming up on me , because it seems like there are so many bad drivers where I live..

They get up on me, I brake and then drive 5 below the speed limit. then turn the music up and forget they are even there.

Can't stand them..  If I can't see their front end, I'm getting a new bumper..

My ex made a rear bumper for my little Toyota pickup. He was a welder at a RR yard and so the bumper was made from cast iron pipe in his spare time at work and it was a lovely thing. Did its job extremely well. A little too well. It was made because I got rearended (on a rainy day) but then the darn thing started acting like a magnet. My truck got rearended twice more after the bumper was put on!

I'm peeved because I loved that truck and would be driving it to this day if it had not been for that last reaming. 

No, that's not a typo. Laugh. Go on. I dare ya! 👅

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

My ex made a rear bumper for my little Toyota pickup. He was a welder at a RR yard and so the bumper was made from cast iron pipe in his spare time at work and it was a lovely thing. Did its job extremely well. A little too well. It was made because I got rearended (on a rainy day) but then the darn thing started acting like a magnet. My truck got rearended twice more after the bumper was put on!

I'm peeved because I loved that truck and would be driving it to this day if it had not been for that last reaming. 

No, that's not a typo. Laugh. Go on. I dare ya! 👅

My Jeep has a pretty heavy duty kit that was put on it before I bought it from my father..He has the winch on the front with what looks like a ram bar that goes just above the hood that you seen on police vehicles, then brush guards over the headlights and tail lights and a big heavy bumper on the back with a tow package..  If they scratch the paint or put any kind of ding in it..They're gonna get me a new one..

Newer cars and trucks are nice, but I love my Jeep.. I've had it since I was around 18.

4 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

And today's SL peeve:

Popular merchant sends out Body Survey to see what bodies folks want stuff made for.  "Second Preferred Body" and "Third Preferred Body" are both required fields.  I only have one body and do not give a crap about any others.

You can use my preferred if you like so it keeps being supported lol.

Maitreya Petite 

winking_dean.gif.8a052757914f6b8651b8623bbcf76666.gif

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

On 4/20/2023 at 6:26 PM, LittleMe Jewell said:

And today's SL peeve:

On 4/20/2023 at 11:13 PM, Jordan Whitt said:

Maitreya Petite 

winking_dean.gif.8a052757914f6b8651b8623bbcf76666.gif

@LittleMe Jewell You can also use Maitreya Flat or V-tech for the third preferred field.   ;)

• Haha 2

On 4/20/2023 at 6:26 PM, LittleMe Jewell said:

And today's SL peeve:

On 4/20/2023 at 11:13 PM, Jordan Whitt said:

Maitreya Petite

5 hours ago, CatfishChef said:

You can also use Maitreya Flat or V-tech for the third preferred field.   ;)

Or, if I might throw a pitch in for Legacy Perky -- although I too would also vote for Maitreya Petite.

Are we noticing the trend here?

Small boobs need support too!!!!

(Get it!?!?!? Small boobs "need support too"? Huh? Hmmmm?
HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!
I'll be here all week, folks . . .)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

8 hours ago, epiclolz said:

Cannot stand those coworkers who sit on their azz not doing anything all day but they get away with it because they're friends with the boss. 🤬

We had that going on at my last job.. There was certain people that they were working to death and still giving the lazy people the same raises..

When that plant manager retired, The new plant manager pulled in all those guys they were working to death and gave them a 3 dollar an hour bump and said there will be more where that comes from as soon as he could get approved for more.. He said the day's of getting rewarded for being lazy are over..

I was so glad to see them all get their due.. I was also glad to see him become plant manager.. It sucks that it takes someone to retire for things like that to happen.. It could have easily stayed the same, but the moment i heard who was replacing the old plant manager I knew  it was gonna be a hard turn right.. hehehe

I can't stand lazy workers.

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Like 2

27 minutes ago, Sid Nagy said:

Peeve: I have been working on a logo for the new shop I want to open soon on the marketplace.
Result after hours: Nothing. I hate those days when nothing works out properly.

Ah well, tomorrow is another day.

I was just thinking, right before I read your post, that I was gonna post, "Peeve, wasted days and wasted nights." because the stupid lyrics just popped into my head after not thinking about them for decades. lol

Please to not kill me. kthnksby

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Sid Nagy said:

Peeve: I have been working on a logo for the new shop I want to open soon on the marketplace.
Result after hours: Nothing. I hate those days when nothing works out properly.

Ah well, tomorrow is another day.

I. HATE. LOGO. DESIGN!!!! This is not a peeve for me. It's a lifestyle! 😂

You might like this - I recently found a graphic designer on YouTube who makes very silly design videos that are little more than him wrestling a blank Photoshop document and forcing himself to push through and create something - no matter what the end result. His design style is very goofy and unique, and I find him to be quite refreshing and inspirational. There's something oddly comforting about watching another designer completely struggle with design - which is basically the story of my life lol.

This one's quite amusing - he forced himself to make 100 posters in 100 minutes. This is the recap of the process:

• Like 2

Before we get too excited about integrating ChatGPT into Second Life, it might be worth bearing in mind some of its really rather disturbing problems.

This Twitter thread gives example of the implicit gender bias that it reproduces. Apparently, ChatGPT doesn't believe that women can be doctors, or that men can be nurses, and it will try to correct you if you use a grammatical construction that implies this.

Do we really want NPCs with attitudes straight out of the 50s running around in SL?

Edited by Scylla Rhiadra
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Before we get too excited about integrating ChatGPT into Second Life, it might be worth bearing in mind some of its really rather disturbing problems.

This Twitter thread gives example of the implicit gender bias that it reproduces. Apparently, ChatGPT doesn't believe that women can be doctors, or that men can be nurses, and it will try to correct you if you use a grammatical construction that implies this.

Do we really want NPCs with attitudes straight out of the 50s running around in SL?

Reading carefully, the bias seems to be that "nurses must be female", and by extension, "doctors must be male"?

That's a fairly basic gender bias error! I wonder how much ChatGPT absorbed of "what nature" to make that assumption - papers, theses, fiction, or definitions of doctors and nurses (which are non-gendered terms)?

• Like 2