On 1/2/2023 at 7:01 AM, Love Zhaoying said:

Nope, not that kind of hub. I'm talking about where chaos totally reigns and there's annoying chat and gestures 24/7. I'd suggest one but I avoid those places like the plague on monkeypox.

The Zindra safe hubs were a guilty pleasure of mine. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Istelathis said:

If it happens often enough, a simple script to store the position of the platform and restore it when rezzed would be the easiest solution.   No need to keep track of it this way, just toss in a script click the object to store the position, save a copy of the object, then rez it whenever you goof up.  

I haven't tried this one, but it is on the marketplace and appears to do all of the work for you

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Position-Script-Object-Positioner-Script-V1/13490702

I would prefer the script to be deleted after positioning the object back to its rightful place though.  

Works great as long as your house is fully linked. There are those that have more than one link set since the number of objects you can link together is limited by number of prims and distance.

Sorry but I've been there and tried that. lol It didn't work out too well. For a platform to build on, it's easier to restore it from inventory. And having a backup in place just below the one I actually use and keep locked so I don't do stupid deletes any more is a great idea!

1 hour ago, Modulated said:

Today its that forgotten olllld account you haven't logged into forever, only to realize you haven't logged in to it forever..and you missed all that free xmas giveaway stuff to get for it.

giphy.gif

I took all mine through those runs.. I was burnt out afterwards.. hehehe

giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Anyone here in Alabama not listening to the news, you may want to see this,, they have a big tornado that is on the ground.. it's at tornado emergency which is the next level up from warning.. it's been on the ground for a good bit now..

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Like 1
  • Sad 3

1 minute ago, Ceka Cianci said:

Anyone here in Alabama not listening to the news, you may want to see this,, they have a big tornado that is on the ground.. it's at tornado emergency which is the next level up from warning.. it's been on the ground for a good bit now..

Maybe ask it what it wants? Usually, they go away!

1 minute ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Maybe ask it what it wants? Usually, they go away!

This one is one of those huge ones like leaving mile wide path.. It may go for miles like that one  a couple years back.. they can even see the rotation on the radar.

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Like 1

On 1/12/2023 at 2:03 PM, Ceka Cianci said:

This one is one of those huge ones like leaving mile wide path.. It may go for miles like that one  a couple years back.. they can even see the rotation on the radar.

Did you and yours survive unscathed?

Edited by Love Zhaoying
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Did you and yours survive unscathed?

That was south of us in Alabama.. We're in Tennessee I think when it first started to hit Selma we were  already on the other side of the front..

I seen what it did down there though..It was on the ground for almost two hours and shot debris in the air from Selma that stayed in the air the whole time and carried it like over 80 miles away.. They could see the debris cloud on the radar.. it lifted up for like 10 minutes around the Georgia border and then went back down and then carried on into that state..

I was looking at drone footage and some places were  just flattened.. When it would pan back out , you can see how wide it had gotten in some places.. just terrible destruction..

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Once upon a time, there was an implied difference between "How does your Avatar look today" and "How does your SL look today"

I also liked it when 'how does your avatar look today' wasn't about 'these are the reasons I approve or disapprove with your look today after projecting my political dogma all over it like a seasick toddler'. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Once upon a time, there was an implied difference between "How does your Avatar look today" and "How does your SL look today"

I suppose I tend to use the one to highlight my avatar, and the other to feature something I've been doing in-world in the other -- where my look is less important than the context and activity.

2 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

I suppose I tend to use the one to highlight my avatar, and the other to feature something I've been doing in-world in the other -- where my look is less important than the context and activity.

Yes. For the one, the avatar should definitely not be the focus, and not even always required to be in the photo.  Seems lately that many don't see that distinction.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 1

People who appear on top of me (magically evading parcel TP settings) in my skybox thousands of M up from the ground.

Personal custom scripted HUD/AO registered the bump & the zero second orb dusted his ass into the sun.

[08:42] >: BUMPED_BY:##### (####.####) 
[08:42] Land-Security Orb: Entered area: #####
[08:42] Land-Security Orb: #### #### has just been teleported home from this parcel
[08:42] Land-Security Orb: Exited area: #### #### (0 minutes)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I'm growing to hate the blurred effect on photos as much as the angled shot.  Too much of a thing - overkill.

Which one? Field depth blur? 

7 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I'm growing to hate the blurred effect on photos as much as the angled shot.  Too much of a thing - overkill.

I remember when it was fun and would get excited blurring things on images in photoshop, just seeing them come to life  with each stroke. Then it became something added to the viewer that just made it  something easy to do and sucked the fun and excitement right out of it.. it was like  going from learning how to make a home cooked meal to switching to fast food..

hehehehe

I don't know half the things I used to anymore..