1 hour ago, Sid Nagy said:

I'm totally anti monarchies, they really have outlived their usefulness, but for the Queen I always made an exception.
An IMHO really extraordinary woman has passed away yesterday, a human institution, a landmark in history.

It's surprising how many people feel that way. My feed is full of republican, anti-royalists saying, "I hate the institution but I'm surprised at how sad I feel about her." 

Personally I don't have strong feelings about the institution one way or another but I don't think it's the biggest issue in our country by any means. As a means of national identity and uniqueness, I'm not sure what we'd replace it with. I do agree with King Charles that it needs to be slimmed down. And it may not be the most intelligent thing to say, but something in me does like all the pomp and ceremony. I know it's silly but no other country does it like that and there is something fun and enjoyable about it. 

My peeve is that Camilla is going by Queen Consort. I'd have preferred Princess Consort. I don't know why. 

I'm also peeved (as well as very saddened) that this work of absolute genius is now out of date. I'd almost finished learning it.

• Like 6

19 hours ago, Sammy Huntsman said:

Yeah I checked and the keybindings are correct, but somehow its inverted. 

Weird. Are you perhaps using the Front View camera preset and just didn't realize it? Go to Preferences - Camera, scroll down and select the Rear View (or Group View by default) preset, selecting them will automatically switch to them. You can also switch between them via the old Camera controls window.

6 hours ago, Garnet Psaltery said:

I can't really say I'm peeved about my topic being locked, as I knew it was against the rules.  I just came here because it's a second home, and I wanted to open a little space for my second family to share.  My peeve is that people feel it necessary to show how little they care about the topic or indeed other people.  With that, I'm taking a break.  I need to get used to the fact that my country is going to go downhill even more, and I need to focus on things that matter in the real world, and not on the ills of human nature.  Farewell for a while, and thank you all who have made my forum time worthwhile.

Think I am with you on this as I see nothing but an increasing corporate narcissism being exemplified in the new policies being put in the forums and which will likely have an inworld spillover effect. S/L is not the only grid out there so no reason to subject myself to it. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Yes, lets get angry at the Lindens/Moderators for policies that only exist because some people could not help but drag politics (among other things) onto a Message Board wherein they had no place to begin with.

And yep, that's my Peeve for this post. A post I have typed, deleted and retyped several ties now over the last day.

Y'all were warned. It happened. Deal with the consequences.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

2 minutes ago, Solar Legion said:

Y'all were warned. It happened. Deal with the consequences.

A bunch changed their profile pictures, although it's hard to tell if they did it "in protest" or "in memoriam"!

Peeve: Not understanding what's going on.

Edited by Love Zhaoying
  • Like 1

Just now, Love Zhaoying said:

A bunch changed their profile pictures, although it's hard to tell if they did it "in protest" or "in memoriam"!

I noticed. Same as they have for a few events now.

Meh - not much of a problem on that to me. The changes "in protest" when the new policies were put up? Yeah - a problem, as I noted in my above post.

People. Just .... People.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Solar Legion said:

I noticed. Same as they have for a few events now.

Meh - not much of a problem on that to me. The changes "in protest" when the new policies were put up? Yeah - a problem, as I noted in my above post.

People. Just .... People.

Idea: Profile picture changes should be limited, or require paying a surcharge.

I have the best ideas.

4 minutes ago, Solar Legion said:

Bah.

Also, good thing I'm getting used to your humor. Still ... Bad idea!

That's the thing about ideas, if they involve change, or restrictions, or "payment", people hate them even if they are well-intended at heart.

It is ironic.

Edited by Love Zhaoying

Just for information, I have the Queen as my profile photo in memoriam currently because it seemed more appropriate than my previous profile photo, which was not of my avatar. The photograph I have chosen, however, just to be absolutely clear, is the same colour as some types of marigold flowers that you find in my garden in real life, and gardens I have previously had in Second Life. Staying on topic while respecting Her Majesty. 

_____

Peeve: when people who I have blocked are visible when others quote them.

• Like 6

15 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Idea: Profile picture changes should be limited, or require paying a surcharge.

I have the best ideas.

Is it panto season yet?

Oh no you don't.

But if that were to happen, I'm quite happy to go back to the default M, and see who's stupid enough to fork out for that particular "perk".

• Like 2

Just now, Marigold Devin said:

Is it panto season yet?

Oh no you don't.

But if that were to happen, I'm quite happy to go back to the default M, and see who's stupid enough to fork out for that particular "perk".

But then we'd be robbed of a view of that absolutely magnificent orange hat!

• Haha 1

Just now, Persephone Emerald said:

Eh. They'll probably end up charging us by the word for our posts. 🙊

Idea: charge more for big words, so we have to appeal to a broader audience. And less Latin, it's not a spoken language innit? It's all Greek to me. (I'd say "Aramaic" but that could be construed as political / social Justice..)

21 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Idea: charge more for big words, so we have to appeal to a broader audience. And less Latin, it's not a spoken language innit? It's all Greek to me. (I'd say "Aramaic" but that could be construed as political / social Justice..)

Oh no. We mustn't charge more for big words. The Forum Intelligentia would not approve.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, Persephone Emerald said:

Oh no. We mustn't charge more for big words. The Forum Intelligentia would not approve.

We could leave out the vowels, similar to Hebrew.

Or use pictographs only - such as Kanji - but then they could charge by the "stroke count".  (Japanese-English dictionaries are organized by # strokes.)

Maybe allow each only 5 post per thread and the possibility of starting 1 thread a month...
Or simply throw the towel in and lock the place up?

Possibilities, lots of possibilities.

Edited by Sid Nagy
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1