4 minutes ago, Persephone Emerald said:

smh.

I don't have an issue with discussing BDSM. I've participated in RL myself. I just don't think we should try to give detailed explanations of what it is or isn't in the General Discussion forum - not given the current rules & forum atmosphere.

For instance, one could explain that those 4 letters means more than 4 aspects of what it is.

Noble intentions, road to Hell.

It would not end well.

ETA: You're welcome to try of course ... but do go in understanding that the history of such attempts is rather verbally bloody.

Edited by Solar Legion
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Solar Legion said:

Noble intentions, road to Hell.

It would not end well.

That's an actual peeve. It would not end well. It is a shame but that's true. In the adult section, which is where the discussion should be held. But yup, the pontificators, the 400-page long screeds, would soon arrive and it would be pointless. I'd love for people who think bad pohrn and 50 Shades (also bad pohrn) are the "real thing" to sit down and learn, not be convinced to do it, just learn what they are hating on with zero information. Sadly, that's not the way things work. Def. peeve. "Screw critical thinking, screw facts, just I gots my firm opinion based on nothing and I'm gonna shove them down everyone's throats."

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Seicher Rae said:

That's an actual peeve. It would not end well. It is a shame but that's true. In the adult section, which is where the discussion should be held. But yup, the pontificators, the 400-page long screeds, would soon arrive and it would be pointless. I'd love for people who think bad pohrn and 50 Shades (also bad pohrn) are the "real thing" to sit down and learn, not be convinced to do it, just learn what they are hating on with zero information. Sadly, that's not the way things work. Def. peeve. "Screw critical thinking, screw facts, just I gots my firm opinion based on nothing and I'm gonna shove them down everyone's throats."

It truly would be great if a fair few of the usual suspects would simply sit on their hands and learn about the reality.

Sadly, they won't. They'll either "push back" (in the words of one) via forum posts or some other method (*cough*blogging*cough*).

That is part of a peeve I am certain I mentioned in either this thread or the last peeve thread.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Kiera Clutterbuck said:

This recent photo (of a woman in strap-type clothes in a submissive pose with her backside supporting a cup of hot coffee being offered to someone) was the last straw for me

Almost exactly what Luna said in post that was deleted as a personal attack probably.  I believe she also mentioned the ball gag photo IIRC.  You might want to watch what you say.

Just some friendly advice.  Take it or don't.  

I'm nothing if not helpful, amirite?

Edited by Rowan Amore
  • Like 5

4 minutes ago, Solar Legion said:

It truly would be great if a fair few of the usual suspects would simply sit on their hands and learn about the reality.

Sadly, they won't. They'll either "push back" (in the words of one) via forum posts or some other method (*cough*blogging*cough*).

That is part of a peeve I am certain I mentioned in either this thread or the last peeve thread.

or in my case just yesterday *cough*twitter*cough*

Yup.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Rolig Loon said:

The rain and leaf mold don't help. I feel your pain (to coin a phrase).

Primarily the rain and associated pressure changes for me.  Being so close to the mountains, the pressure bounces around a lot when storms come in.  My head just can't take all that constant changing.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

1 minute ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Primarily the rain and associated pressure changes for me.  Being so close to the mountains, the pressure bounces around a lot when storms come in.  My head just can't take all that constant changing.

I would love (I think, maybe?) to know what is doing it for me. I'm in New England, in the mountain area but not at a high enough elevation for what you describe. I do not know what is in bloom or mold-stuff or what but good grief I've been going through boxes of Kleenexes for a few weeks. First time in years they've been this bad. 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Peeve:

In the "Good Old Days"™ I'd have been at the centre of any discussion of BDSM, dodging flaming projectiles and trying unsuccessfully to convey nuance while being accused of Puritanism.

Now, I'm just a bystander, waving at the flaming barge as it slowly slips beneath the waves.

I've grown old or something when I wasn't looking. 😞

Like a good wine, maybe you've simply mellowed with time.  :)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Seicher Rae said:

ffs... I made a harmless little quip to Jordan, who as far as I know hasn't even seen the darn thing yet!

SEE!!!!!  THIS is why I am peeved by the whole "sleeping" thing.  I wake up to 6 pages of peeves that indirectly I caused!

@Seicher Rae The picture was gorgeous!  I loved the lingerie you chose, and the pose was awesome. 

But since the theme of this has been derailed into being "triggered" (I totally agree with you on the whole usage of that word btw) I'm triggered by the use of coffee!!! I hate the stuff!!!

*EDIT* Posted before I saw the Mole warning...so my bad!  But the main point of my post was my sleeping peeve!!!

Edited by Jordan Whitt
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Jordan Whitt said:

the use of coffee!!! I hate the stuff!!!

I'm definitely not a coffee connoisseur (actually don't even like it very much), but I have trained myself over the years to need the caffeine.  Thus I drink it with booze - Rumchatta to be exact, which is not a very potent liqueur at all, but definitely improves the flavor of the coffee.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, LittleMe Jewell said:

I'm definitely not a coffee connoisseur (actually don't even like it very much), but I have trained myself over the years to need the caffeine.  Thus I drink it with booze - Rumchatta to be exact, which is not a very potent liqueur at all.

I would literally die without it, I think.

• Like 2

Just now, LittleMe Jewell said:

I'm definitely not a coffee connoisseur (actually don't even like it very much), but I have trained myself over the years to need the caffeine.  Thus I drink it with booze - Rumchatta to be exact, which is not a very potent liqueur at all.

I drink hot chocolate (cos I'm not a grownup yet) with a bit of coffee mixed in to make it mocha.

• Like 5

49 minutes ago, Solar Legion said:

Any attempt at actual discussion would quickly become a "discussion" and likely result in a thread lock or deletion. There are those here who will take any opportunity they can to step up on their soapbox and waggle their fingers/pontificate as to the "evils" of BDSM (while trying to spin some kind of spiderweb linking it in with all manner of disparate things).

No.

We attempted to have such over several years. The above happened every single time.

We do not need a repeat.

Maybe a discussion of BDSM as it relates to Second Life? Poses / outfits / collars / control vs. emotes, relationships, Gor nastiness, etc.? 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I'm definitely not a coffee connoisseur (actually don't even like it very much), but I have trained myself over the years to need the caffeine.  Thus I drink it with booze - Rumchatta to be exact, which is not a very potent liqueur at all, but definitely improves the flavor of the coffee.

>.>

I sometimes put a shot of Kahlua or Amaretto into my coffee. I call it "Wake the Eff Up" coffee.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Solar Legion said:

>.>

I sometimes put a shot of Kahlua or Amaretto into my coffee. I call it "Wake the Eff Up" coffee.

I do that on the weekends, when it doesn't matter as much how clear my head is.

The Rumchatta is weak enough that I can add it to coffee and still work.

• Like 1