Just now, Love Zhaoying said:

The easy fix for that, is to have the man bear the children. Can't? Too bad.

I didn't give birth to anyone, yet I've still got a kid.

I can only imagine how painful childbirth is, but I KNOW how painful child rearing is.

I got very excited yesterday when my tree guy informed me that he's got a new chipper that can handle 18" trunks.

Mac will fit!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

That's fine! 

Most ("other") people have a deep need to be spooned but just are in denial.

In a metaphorical sense, I'll mostly agree.

My recent, vanished partner was a near a perfect fit for my weird form of intimacy. Her joyful acceptance of that was the kind of spooning I wanted. I won't elevate that to "need" because I get along without it, but it comes pretty damn close.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

In a metaphorical sense, I'll mostly agree.

My recent, vanished partner was a near a perfect fit for my weird form of intimacy. Her joyful acceptance of that was the kind of spooning I wanted. I won't elevate that to "need" because I get along without it, but it comes pretty damn close.

Once again, I am highly reminded of Zardoz. "I will not go to Second Level with you!"

36 minutes ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

Nature can be so screwy.

You were saying yesterday, how mothers want to "eat their (babies) all up"! Just like (other) animals do (actually eat their young).  

I guess "screwy" is all one's point of view, especially if it is "normal".

Edited by Love Zhaoying

2 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

You were saying yesterday, how mothers want to "eat their (babies) all up"! Just like (other) animals do (actually eat their young).  

I guess "screwy" is all one's point of view, especially if it is "normal".

Yep. My partner and I were fully cognizant of the screwy-ness our particular kink, had no explanation for it, and no expectation of finding one. We were simply happy to have found each other, so no explanations were necessary. We'd just look out at the rest of the world from our cozy perch and be thankful that, for our brief time together, we didn't have to fit into it.

And, back to nibbling on our young, there actually is an explanation...

https://www.bounty.com/baby-0-to-12-months/development/want-to-eat-your-babys-toes

I can find potential, satisfying, explanations for a lot of kinky behavior, making screwy seem perfectly normal, or even supranormal.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

Virtual hugs are perfectly fine to me as no one is really touching me.  

kitten-hugs.jpg.d6876ea602da7b7822041301c2722c89.jpg

I just realized, in MOST of my hugs, hugs not within a relationship, THIS ↑ is the way I want them. I'm the orange kitty. Victim of hug is the black kitty. I want the control. (Yay! Being a submissive... talk to my dom :)
"Can I give you a hug?" (me)

"uhhhh, errrr, ok..." (them)
CHOKE HOLD (me)
"you can let go now" (them)
"not quite yet" (me)
"Effing hell! I'm calling the cops!" (them)

Wait. That's not how it goes...
But steps 1-3 are pretty accurate. And yes, I DO ask.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

When my 70+lb husky wants to hug, it's very cute and satisfying.  Unless she rips open my flesh with a rough pad or a dew claw.

When my 110+lb husky wants to hug, it usually involves pain since his massive paw smacks across me.

I am held captive.

A dog has to really trust you to accept a hug, let alone to want one. For wolves in the wild such a gesture from another wolf would be very aggressive. This is why children need to be taught not to go up and hug someone else's dog. A little girl did that to my wolf-dog once and got nipped on the bridge of her nose. Luckily her parents didn't freak out about it. 🐺

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Persephone Emerald said:

A dog has to really trust you to accept a hug, let alone to want one. For wolves in the wild such a gesture from another wolf would be very aggressive. This is why children need to be taught not to go up and hug someone else's dog. A little girl did that to my wolf-dog once and got nipped on the bridge of her nose. Luckily her parents didn't freak out about it. 🐺

Both mine "give" hugs. Both when they cuddle (laying down cuddle hugging), and the smaller when she's being extra needy or protective (jumping up / hugging). 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

Yep. My partner and I were fully cognizant of the screwy-ness our particular kink, had no explanation for it, and no expectation of finding one. We were simply happy to have found each other, so no explanations were necessary. We'd just look out at the rest of the world from our cozy perch and be thankful that, for our brief time together, we didn't have to fit into it.

And, back to nibbling on our young, there actually is an explanation...

https://www.bounty.com/baby-0-to-12-months/development/want-to-eat-your-babys-toes

I can find potential, satisfying, explanations for a lot of kinky behavior, making screwy seem perfectly normal, or even supranormal.

I must admit I'm disappointed, I was looking for "literal eating your young" due to micronutrient levels, should've eaten the placenta, instinct that it's a "bad seed", etc.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

I must admit I'm disappointed, I was looking for "literal eating your young" due to micronutrient levels, should've eaten the placenta, instinct that it's a "bad seed", etc.

I was thinking that, if actually eating your young was defensible, I'd give it a go on Mac. But, I'm both vegetarian and aware that I'm only here to discuss this today because it's not defensible.

We're not actually related, but Mac did seem to fall from my tree... on his head, but still from my tree.

Edited by Madelaine McMasters
Word order is important!
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Peeve: Not knowing about "heart-to-heart" hugs.

A friend taught me "the most correct" way to hug from their point of view:

- Stand facing one another

- Each chest should touch the other's in the "heart area"

Symbolic!

*makes a mental note that hugs from Love could be awkward.  None of that quick pat on the back and then jumping away like the hug is a rattle snake. Nooooo, they may even expect chest to chest contact to last an uncomfortable 5 to 10 seconds*

*shudders, then pulls herself together*

/me shoves down the panic, holds her breath, turns to Love, and opens her arms to offer a hug.  After considering chickening out and turning it into an ear scratch, she waits to see if anyone takes her up on the hug offering.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

I was thinking that, if actually eating your young was defensible, I'd give it a go on Mac. But, I'm both vegetarian and aware that I'm only here to discuss this today because it's not defensible.

We're not actually related, but Mac did seem to fall from my tree... on his head, but still from my tree.

Where else but in the forum can one discuss the pros and cons and ethics and physiological and biological imperatives of baby eating? And they want to curtail this???

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1

56 minutes ago, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

*makes a mental note that hugs from Love could be awkward.  None of that quick pat on the back and then jumping away like the hug is a rattle snake. Nooooo, they may even expect chest to chest contact to last an uncomfortable 5 to 10 seconds*

*shudders, then pulls herself together*

/me shoves down the panic, holds her breath, turns to Love, and opens her arms to offer a hug.  After considering chickening out and turning it into an ear scratch, she waits to see if anyone takes her up on the hug offering.

It is optional.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Seicher Rae said:

Where else but in the forum can one discuss the pros and cons and ethics and physiological and biological imperatives of baby eating? And they want to curtail this???

I was going to say earlier, who says "eating babies" is not defensible?

"It came out of me, I was just trying to put it back!"

• Like 2