8.  he/she will not allow others to interfere in his life
  9.  Alpha male/female is always sure to stay ahead in life
  10.  he/she is not affected by criticisms
  11.  Alpha male/female is usually unemotional
  12.  Alpha male/female is dominating
  13.  Alpha male/female is a fast decision maker
  14.  he/she knows how to charm a lady
  15. he/she rarely admit their mistakes

Ok so I rewrote the alpha characteristics to include females. Does that change your opinion somewhat on those characteristics? Do you feel the characteristics are negative when they are applied to a female leader? I noted both you and a few other posters commenting on this, chose to project several of the characteristics to their extremes to take the opportunity to then be critical of them but really, would you want the CEO or other type of leader to be any less then what is listed?

Interestingly enough, my perception of your forum persona at least is that of one having many of the qualities listed and seeing that as a good thing, in spite of disagreeing with your viewpoints in many cases. I suppose then being attracted to the opposite, ie beta boi's, would be reasonably natural. :)

Seriously, and you just trying to get this thread locked ?

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Today's peeve:  Environment friendly toilet paper.  Yes, I know we should applaud the hotels that use it because it is good for the environment, is more biodegradable, etc...., but even 2-ply is super thin, so I HATE it.

Related Peeve: People not hanging the toilet roll correctly.  It always goes OVER, never under.  Example is the washrooms in our bar --- the hold only handles the loo rolls in over mode.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

The person described in that chart doesn't even exist.

"Always sure to stay ahead in life" - how? How does a person guarantee success at every turn and prevent *everything* bad from ever happening to them?

And lol, a person who isn't affected by ANY criticism whatsoever. Or never allows anyone to interfere in his life. Maybe if he lived alone on a private island somewhere.

3 hours ago, PheebyKatz said:

Not being affected by criticism isn't a quality of leadership, it's idiocy. Anyone who thinks they're perfect as they are and couldn't improve anything about themselves is a narcissist.

And as we've already seen, narcissism is just the other end of the inferiority stick.

Where it says not affected by criticism, I take that to mean that such a one is not emotionally affected in a negative way but simply considers whether it is legitimate or not and then changes their behaviour in future if the criticism is valid. That is how personal growth happens, not wallowing in a pool of guilt, shame and remorse. It might look narcisstic to the outsider but if the person changes as a result, it isn't.

It is not that an Alpha doesn't have failures but that they see those failures as opportunities for growth and resulting successes down the road,

3 hours ago, Kiera Clutterbuck said:

While many of the traits described in the alpha male chart you posted can be desirable there are no traits demonstrating any caring for others, or any qualities needed to join with others and create a beneficial world for others outside his own realm. I see no traits like empathy, the ability to cooperate with others, or an ability to understand one is not always right and so needs to accept a degree of criticism.
Sure, he is successful when achieving his personal goals, but at what cost to others?

Not all of these types of people have poor self-esteem they are compensating for with pronounced individualism. Some are just excessively self-centered with little empathy for others. Taken to extreme they are called psychopaths.
At the website you took your graphic from they list ten problems for women in relationships with alpha males, and list an example of one such male:

Powerful Alphas
Currently Donald Trump is the classic example of a powerful, dominating alpha male.

https://thepleasantpersonality.com/alpha-male/

Pet Peeve: Too many people like this run the world. 

Well yes, there are many other characteristics which are not included in that list but those as the rest of the article goes on to say, are the ones studies have found to be important for the Leader/Alpha person, whatever gender. I didn't make a judgement whether it was good or bad or whether I was personally attracted to it. Many are however. That is easily seen in many profiles in-world for those looking for a Dom or Domme. And without a doubt, Alpha's are challenging to live and be in relationship with but still beta's overwhelming seek out Alpha's to be with and then complain when they get what they thought they wanted.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Kimmi Zehetbauer said:

Related Peeve: People not hanging the toilet roll correctly.  It always goes OVER, never under.  Example is the washrooms in our bar --- the hold only handles the loo rolls in over mode.

Unless you have kittens, then it goes under. Always under.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

25 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

Alpha male qualities are different than alpha female qualities because we're female.  

https://liveboldandbloom.com/06/personality-types/alpha-female-characteristics

This is absolutely NOT directed at you Rowan, but I would also add the peeve of blogs/websites/lifestyle mags listing out random characteristics and sorting people into piles based on random traits they may or may not possess. "Virgos say THIS is the best type of man evaaaar" type reporting.

Random example from that post - "She doesn’t feel the need to judge others or put them in their place." Okay...somebody, anybody, introduce me to someone who doesn't judge other people. I'll wait! Grr, I'm judging the person who wrote that right now. No ragrets. 😂

Edit: I used the word "random" too many times, and now I'm judging myself!

Edited by Ayashe Ninetails
Judgin'
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Coffee Pancake said:

Kittens can unroll both ways.  Seen it happen too many times! :D Then again the same kittens may get destructive on some of your clothes, especially if they find a loose thread and start to deconstruct your favourite dress!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Coffee Pancake said:

I just leave it sitting on the end  of the bars that the roller would snap into and removed the roller.. Because with boys it's like they are playing wheel of fortune and trying to spin it as hard as they can..

Half the roll ends up on the floor..

hehehe

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Arielle Popstar said:

Do you feel the characteristics are negative when they are applied to a female leader?

Yes. It sounds very self-centered and not empathetic. Me, me, me.

Pet peeve: People who are self-centered and not empathetic.

Edited by Love Zhaoying
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Ceka Cianci said:

I just leave it sitting on the end  of the bars that the roller would snap into and removed the roller.. Because with boys it's like they are playing wheel of fortune and trying to spin it as hard as they can..

Half the roll ends up on the floor..

hehehe

My boy Husky eats the TP roll so I have to put it up where he can't reach.

NOT really a pet peeve, but for most people it would be: Removing or moving everything in the house the dogs can mess with or destroy.

Edited by Love Zhaoying
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Arielle Popstar said:
  1.  Alpha male/female is highly intelligent
  2.  he/she is fearless
  3.  Alpha male/female is goal driven
  4.  He/she is a natural leader
  5.  Alpha male/female has a magnetic personality
  6.  he/she is super successful
  7.  Alpha male/female has great intuitive sense
  8.  he/she will not allow others to interfere in his life
  9.  Alpha male/female is always sure to stay ahead in life
  10.  he/she is not affected by criticisms
  11.  Alpha male/female is usually unemotional
  12.  Alpha male/female is dominating
  13.  Alpha male/female is a fast decision maker
  14.  he/she knows how to charm a lady
  15. he/she rarely admit their mistakes

Ok so I rewrote the alpha characteristics to include females. Does that change your opinion somewhat on those characteristics? Do you feel the characteristics are negative when they are applied to a female leader? I noted both you and a few other posters commenting on this, chose to project several of the characteristics to their extremes to take the opportunity to then be critical of them but really, would you want the CEO or other type of leader to be any less then what is listed?

Interestingly enough, my perception of your forum persona at least is that of one having many of the qualities listed and seeing that as a good thing, in spite of disagreeing with your viewpoints in many cases. I suppose then being attracted to the opposite, ie beta boi's, would be reasonably natural. :)

Well, thanks, but I'd never call myself an "alpha" anything. I dislike hierarchies generally, and I really dislike herding people into categories that are about value-judgements rather than merely descriptive.

As Rowan noted, part of the problem is that these kinds of categories are almost invariably gendered. It's interesting that the list she provided including the kind of qualities usually associated with women -- consensus-building, for instance -- while this list does not. In that sense, they reinforce gender stereotypes. I think more useful would be a list that featured the "good" qualities from both lists, and suggested they were desirable in anyone.

As I suggested in my original response, some of these qualities listed here are, I think, negative ones. Intelligence? Intuition? Fearlessness? Well,  yeah, sure, those are good things generally. But I doubt I'd like a woman who was "dominating" or "rarely admits their mistakes" any more than I would a man.

Edited by Scylla Rhiadra
  • Like 6

39 minutes ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

This is absolutely NOT directed at you Rowan, but I would also add the peeve of blogs/websites/lifestyle mags listing out random characteristics and sorting people into piles based on random traits they may or may not possess. "Virgos say THIS is the best type of man evaaaar" type reporting.

Random example from that post - "She doesn’t feel the need to judge others or put them in their place." Okay...somebody, anybody, introduce me to someone who doesn't judge other people. I'll wait! Grr, I'm judging the person who wrote that right now. No ragrets. 😂

Edit: I used the word "random" too many times, and now I'm judging myself!

The list in my link is about as useful as the male version link.  Take it with a grain of salt.  Of course people judge others.  It's human nature, regardless of your gender. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:
3 hours ago, Coffee Pancake said:

/me stares aghast

..perhaps is South of the Equator! Polar vortices travel counter, etc.!

Pet Peeve: vortices that travel differently depending on your point of view.

Edited by Love Zhaoying
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Coffee Pancake said:

For some reason, none of my cats ever played with the t-tissue roll while it was on the roller. They seem to prefer playing in the bathtub as long as no one turns the shower on, with the cardboard tube.

Eventually I went to keeping the bathroom door closed or the bedroom door if it's hot. Sorry lil buddy. It's cooler in the rest of the place anyway.

Edited by Silent Mistwalker
keeping
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

For some reason, none of my cats ever played with the t-tissue roll while it was on the roller. They seem to prefer playing in the bathtub as long as no one turns the shower on, with the cardboard tube.

Eventually I went to keeping the bathroom door closed or the bedroom door if it's hot. Sorry lil buddy. It's cooler in the rest of the place anyway.

Long time ago me and my man would get these long cardboard tubes (about a meter long) and lean them on a chair from the floor.  They were big enough to allow a cat to transit through it and it used to be fun watching our cats run through those and flying out the other end.  Like a Kitty Bazooka!

Speaking of cats, I remember George Carlin doing a great skit on cats in the early 80s.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

The list in my link is about as useful as the male version link.  Take it with a grain of salt.  Of course people judge others.  It's human nature, regardless of your gender. 

Exactly. So now I'm going to judge you for posting it! Lol, just kidding! 😂

No but really, it's the kind of thing I used to read in those teen lifestyle/fashion/beauty mags and roll my eyes at every single time. 

27 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Fearlessness? ...

I don't like that trait one bit. Fearlessness is how you wind up getting a phone call at 3am that your best friend got mauled by a gorilla during a live taping of Naked and Afraid. If you don't know that show, check it out - it's bonkers. It's not 100% "reality" TV as they do keep medics on standby off-camera and it's hard to imagine they're really out in the middle of nowhere, but it's still pretty bonkers!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

Oh crap. I need to lose weight now. I outweigh him by 20 lbs!

You outweigh me by a couple pounds!

Pet Peeve: It's ok..but people don't understand sometimes, and that's a pet peeve!

Edited by Love Zhaoying
  • Sad 1

18 minutes ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

Exactly. So now I'm going to judge you for posting it! Lol, just kidding! 😂

No but really, it's the kind of thing I used to read in those teen lifestyle/fashion/beauty mags and roll my eyes at every single time. 

I don't like that trait one bit. Fearlessness is how you wind up getting a phone call at 3am that your best friend got mauled by a gorilla during a live taping of Naked and Afraid. If you don't know that show, check it out - it's bonkers. It's not 100% "reality" TV as they do keep medics on standby off-camera and it's hard to imagine they're really out in the middle of nowhere, but it's still pretty bonkers!

They aren't nearly as far out "in the bush" as they want people to believe. And they do have medivac choppers on call.

https://www.goldderby.com/gallery/survivor-medevacs-all-of-the-shows-medical-evacuations/

https://www.latimes.com/archives/la-xpm-2004-sep-17-et-ryan17-story.html

https://www.today.com/popculture/last-secrets-survivor-revealed-2D80554451

• Like 1