Trick Or Treat?

Gingir Ghoststar

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 588 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

6 hours ago, PJBear said:

All with one candy got a bear"? I didn't think I'd get anything prize-wise, so I only got a few candies. No more than 10.  And I received zero bears. I was supposed to get one bear?

As I recall, when the event ended you had to go to a place and touch a button to get your skelly bear delivered.

• Like 3

PSA - What if the The Great Trick or Treat Event Bellisseria Repeats in 2022? (assuming no changes)

The event has two aspects... one is decorating your home and visiting homes that have been decorated. This might be better served by a Parade of Homes Halloween Edition, which would be a list of SLURLs that have been vetted for orbs and open doors. No Lindens needed to run this as residents are capable.

The second aspect is the competition for rare spooky Linden Bears, given to the top 100,  35, and 10 candy collectors. As there are well over 1,000 Belli regions and likely over 20,000 occupied parcels, it is not practical to travel around looking for Candy Buckets. Rather, a publicly available list of SLURLs is available in groups such as Bellisseria Citizens and/or the SLURL of a location where you can get a notecard that records these URLs. However, since such lists can be used by any resident, the candy collected in this fashion will not be enough to win a bear. If you want to WIN, you need to participate in a private group that locates Candy Buckets not found on the public list (perhaps using Area Search) and/or accessing hidden Candy Buckets (e.g. in a skybox) owned by alts of the private group members.

From my own experience last year, a publicly listed Candy Bucket was visited around 200 times. The winners visited over 300 buckets.

If the event does happen, the Lindens might consider amending the rules so as to restrict the search area to something a resident can reasonably search AND award bears based on some reasonable number collected, rather than the most collected.

Edited by diamond Marchant
  • Like 2

No special tricks were required to get in the top ten. In addition to any places that were publicly posted, I did a grid search of every released region (going from region to region, then up and down the roads in that region). I wasn't working with anyone and all the candy buckets were public. What it did take was a lot of time. It also helped to be able to hyperfocus. Realistically, most people wouldn't have found that fun (I thought it was great though, as I got to see the whole continent).

This year, I'll probably drive my tentacle car around and see if I can find any open houses. A list of open houses would be great (at an easy level, we could start a thread here for people to post their house links).

• Like 4

20 hours ago, PJBear said:

"All with one candy got a bear"? I didn't think I'd get anything prize-wise, so I only got a few candies. No more than 10.  And I received zero bears. I was supposed to get one bear?

Yes! But you had to go and collect it at a "touch" sign. ♥

Whoops! I didn't realize this had already been answered. 

Edited by KrystalKandy
blind as a bat apparently lol
  • Like 3

You can put the candy pumpkin out even if you have zero decor.  There are guidelines, read the info that comes with the pumpkin.  If it is like last year:

• Trick or treaters must be within 5m of the pumpkin to collect
  • Most of them will not bother to search for your pumpkin unless you have very fun decor
  • Turn off any security device!  Bad form to evict trick-or-treaters!

Edited by Nika Talaj
corrected distance for this year
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Tary Allen said:

Last year I didn't pay attention to this, since I hadn't a house in Belli. This year I have 3. On the other hand I'm not crazy about Halloween decor, can I put out the candy with only minimal deco?

Are there rules? Besides setting the door to open?

There's no rule at all when it comes to decorating, last year I didn't decorate for Halloween but I added a very small decoration a round the pumpkin bucket, and I'm gonna do the same this year as well!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Tary Allen said:

Are there rules? Besides setting the door to open?

Rules come on the notecard that is delivered when you rez the Candy Bucket.

You need to have 4LI available for the bucket.

Also, the Candy Bucket needs to be in plain sight (I suppose at ground level and not in a skybox.)

Trick or treaters must get within 5 (FIVE) meters of a bucket to collect.

Security orbs are not prohibited but would be annoying.

Trick or treaters are instructed to "Go all around the neighborhoods in Bellisseria and find residents' homes where they are hosting a Candy Bucket", however, this is generally interpreted to mean "get a notecard that lists the SLURLs of Candy Buckets and teleport directly".

Rules notecard follows...

It’s The Great Trick or Treat Event, Bellisseria!

Prepare to celebrate Halloween Belli style! Collect candy across Bellisseria this Halloween season and win prizes! This is an interactive event where residents living in Bellisseria can host Candy Buckets on their parcels and anyone (even residents not living in Bellisseira) can go all around Bellisseria Trick or Treating to collect candy.

Only residents who own parcels in Bellisseria can host a candy bucket, but any resident can get a game HUD and go Trick or Treating.

Everyone who participates in Trick or Treating and collects at least one candy will receive a Witch (decor only). The top candy collectors will get limited edition prizes!

The top 10 winners will get a Frankenstien Animesh Pet/Follower with custom animations, sounds and effects. (Decor version and Animesh versions).
The next 25 will get an Animesh Ghost that floats next to you with particle effects and sounds. (Decor version and Animesh version).
The next 65 will get an Animesh holdable Mummy, including sounds & effects. (Decor version and Animesh version).

***Quick Start***

How to host a bucket:
- Rez a copy of Bellisseria Trick or Treat Candy Bucket from your inventory on your Linden Home parcel in Bellisseria
- Place it somewhere on your parcel where residents can easily see and touch it. (On your porch, near the front door or at the front of your parcel if you don’t want visitors to have to go into your parcel is recommended. Visitors need to be able to get within 5 meters of the bucket)
- That's it! Residents can now come to your parcel Trick or Treating and get candy!

How to play:
- Wear your Bellisseria Trick or Treat HUD.
- Go all around the neighborhoods in Bellisseria and find residents' homes where they are hosting a Candy Bucket.
- When you find one that is active (with particle effects), walk within 5 meters of it and touch it. (Please respect the privacy of the parcel owner if they are home. Teleporting directly to the bucket is not recommended as the owner may have security on the parcel.)
- The bucket will play a sound and do an extra particle display when successfully touched and will add one more candy to your candy count.
- Find another bucket and repeat!

***Nitty Gritty Details***

- Players can only collect ONE candy per bucket.
- Residents can rez ONE working candy bucket ONLY on their own Linden Homes parcel in Bellisseria. If multiple buckets are rezzed, or it is rezzed outside Bellisseria, or it is rezzed by someone other than the parcel owner, the bucket will message that there is a problem and derez.
- At the end of the event the bucket will derez itself.
- Residents must be within 5 meters of the bucket to collect candy. If you do not want residents inside your parcel we recommend placing the candy bucket closer to the front entrance of your land where they do not need to enter in order to touch it. The more easily they can find it the better.
- Touching your candy bucket for two seconds will give a count of how many candies it has given out so you can see how many people have found and collected candy from your bucket. The bucket is keyed to the parcel id, so if you are hosting a bucket and you change homes and rerez the bucket the total amount of candy given out will be for the new parcel, not the old one. The previous total does not transfer. Note that this has NO effect on the amount candy YOU have collected, only how much your bucket has given out.

***Prizes***
- Everyone who collects at least one candy is eligible to receive the Witch These will be available from a vendor that eligible participants can touch to receive their prize after the event. Vendors will be in the same locations where the HUD and Buckets were distributed.
- Prizes for the top collectors will be sent out manually after the event has concluded.

• Like 4

The candy bucket doesn't have to be IN your house. I set mine as close to the property line as possible on my sidewalk or on the porch for my stilt.  I'm excited to see the event return. I created a spreadsheet for regions with slurls right in the center of each region.  They've added a lot of regions this year though, so more fun!

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Lysistrata Szapira said:

The candy bucket doesn't have to be IN your house. I set mine as close to the property line as possible on my sidewalk or on the porch for my stilt.  I'm excited to see the event return. I created a spreadsheet for regions with slurls right in the center of each region.  They've added a lot of regions this year though, so more fun!

Not only does it not need to be inside the house, it's better not to put it inside the house. People will be wandering around looking for them, so it's best if it's visible from outside your parcel. For reasons I hope are obvious, we can't enter every house we see in the hopes that there's a bucket. We're not trying to annoy everyone who isn't taking part.

Another thing that came up last time, check to see if you have forced teleport routing. If so, either turn it off or set the landing point outside your front door. A number of people posted slurls for their buckets last year and ended up trapping people inside their homes. (Locked doors and the landing point in the house is a silly combination at the best of times, but you really don't want it here.)

• Like 4

A Modest Proposal

It would be nice if...

Only Candy Bucket owners broadcast the location of their Candy Bucket

as Bodicea did above. By "broadcast" I mean reveal a location inworld or in social media.

My reasoning is...

Such a broadcast, while not against any rules that I am aware of, appropriates control of owner information to others. Is it not preferable to let owners decide if and when to share their info?

I believe this proposal is in the spirit of the event. The rules make no mention of sharing the Candy Bucket location info of others. Nor do they exclude location sharing, as this would be impossible to enforce.

How to host a bucket:
- Rez a copy of Bellisseria Trick or Treat Candy Bucket from your inventory on your Linden Home parcel in Bellisseria
- Place it somewhere on your parcel where residents can easily see and touch it. (On your porch, near the front door or at the front of your parcel if you don’t want visitors to have to go into your parcel is recommended. Visitors need to be able to get within 5 meters of the bucket)
- That's it! Residents can now come to your parcel Trick or Treating and get candy!

How to play:
- Wear your Bellisseria Trick or Treat HUD.
- Go all around the neighborhoods in Bellisseria and find residents' homes where they are hosting a Candy Bucket.
- When you find one that is active (with particle effects), walk within 5 meters of it and touch it. (Please respect the privacy of the parcel owner if they are home. Teleporting directly to the bucket is not recommended as the owner may have security on the parcel.)
- The bucket will play a sound and do an extra particle display when successfully touched and will add one more candy to your candy count.
- Find another bucket and repeat!

usual typos
  • Like 6

3 hours ago, diamond Marchant said:

A Modest Proposal

It would be nice if...

Only Candy Bucket owners broadcast the location of their Candy Bucket

as Bodicea did above. By "broadcast" I mean reveal a location inworld or in social media.

My reasoning is...

Such a broadcast, while not against any rules that I am aware of, appropriates control of owner information to others. Is it not preferable to let owners decide if and when to share their info?

I believe this proposal is in the spirit of the event. The rules make no mention of sharing the Candy Bucket location info of others. Nor do they exclude location sharing, as this would be impossible to enforce.

I second that, I really didn't like when someone shared my Fantsay home location last year and it got added to the big list!
That's not how I want to participate in this event, and if my House location got shared to another big list, it will take out my fun and force me into thier meaningless boring TP in and out game, I want my bucket to be found with a fun effort ( it's not hidden or anything it's at the front door ) but to walk, explore and find, I know some people enjoy that, and those are the ones I want to find my bucket and hope they win ( tho I doubt they care about that, it's all about fun exploration while also looking around ) !

This year I chose to share the Pumbkin bucket in my Houseboat:

Snapshot_4940.thumb.png.fe117076b02bc3dec4e3701ff4538141.png

Whoever finds it, you really are the best! just please don't share the location ; b

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, SarahThe Wanderer said:

I second that, I really didn't like when someone shared my Fantsay home location last year and it got added to the big list!
That's not how I want to participate in this event, and if my House location got shared to another big list, it will take out my fun and force me into thier meaningless boring TP in and out game, I want my bucket to be found with a fun effort ( it's not hidden or anything it's at the front door ) but to walk, explore and find, I know some people enjoy that, and those are the ones I want to find my bucket and hope they win ( tho I doubt they care about that, it's all about fun exploration while also looking around ) !

This year I chose to share the Pumbkin bucket in my Houseboat:

Snapshot_4940.thumb.png.fe117076b02bc3dec4e3701ff4538141.png

Whoever finds it, you really are the best! just please don't share the location ; b

Imma find this! LOL

(I won't squeal if I do)

• Like 2

I am hoping most of mine don't get posted right away, but a couple of my homes are not on roads at all.  They are not likely to be found by casual walkers, so I may have to post them a couple days before the end of the event.

The house I decorated as a full haunted house will be posted, so people can go through it.  That one is on a road near Milbank. 

All the houses have rotating, neon candy signs on the roof to make them easier to spot from a distance even if the front porch is not visible from the road. 

The attack spiders are out again this year...🕸️ they can't follow you off the parcel, but they are fast... so.... ummm... not sorry.  When you hear the ticking sound, just grab your candy and run.

Edited by Cinnamon Mistwood
  • Like 6

So far, the spreadsheet being put together is for people adding their own places. That makes more sense from a lot of angles (easier to maintain, no repeats, nobody upset if they hadn't wanted it shared, let's people add a note about the house if they want).

I will make sure to find Cinnamon's house, because I'm here for spider hugs! But unless something goes terribly wrong, I'm aiming to go to every region again. There are just more of them this year.

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, Polenth Yue said:

So far, the spreadsheet being put together is for people adding their own places. That makes more sense from a lot of angles (easier to maintain, no repeats, nobody upset if they hadn't wanted it shared, let's people add a note about the house if they want).

I will make sure to find Cinnamon's house, because I'm here for spider hugs! But unless something goes terribly wrong, I'm aiming to go to every region again. There are just more of them this year.

Same place as last year in Fantasseria.  I love that parcel.

I used one of your mushroom gifts from last year in the full haunted house in Ashton Village.  Thanks for that!

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

Same place as last year in Fantasseria.  I love that parcel.

I used one of your mushroom gifts from last year in the full haunted house in Ashton Village.  Thanks for that!

Yay, it's always fun to see them around! My gifts are in question mark boxes this year. One by the candy and one inside. My neighbour also has an extra gifty thing as well as a candy bucket. (I think we're the only two people living on the region at the moment, but we're bringing the festivities on our own.)

• Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 588 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.