subscribe omatic spam issue.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 588 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

well I figured it was time to ask here, since I cant get this spam to physically stop,  I went to the device and unsubscribed, it continued, I messaged the owner of the device, it continues... I've blocked the owner of the device, it continues, I've block the device it continues, what else can I do?  everytime I log that alt in, she gets an message "here is our newest news!"

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, Ceka Cianci said:

Ya, I have a couple that  jam up my chat when I log in also..  The drop downs are the ones that bother me most.. it's like they have backup bots for backup bots when you block them.. hehehehe

mute,block, it does nothing,  because seems as soon as I do, 30 seconds later I'm getting it again...  it's the LL instant message spam,  not the dropdowns.

• Like 4

Just now, bigmoe Whitfield said:

mute,block, it does nothing,  because seems as soon as I do, 30 seconds later I'm getting it again...  it's the LL instant message spam,  not the dropdowns.

Ya, I get that also.. I've went to the store and even got to the point of blocking anything that made a sound and the subscribe box which i never clicked on in the first place..

It would be nice if we could cut the head of the snake off and everything related to them across all their accounts gets blocked too.. But we know that's not happening..

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

Ya, I get that also.. I've went to the store and even got to the point of blocking anything that made a sound and the subscribe box which i never clicked on in the first place..

It would be nice if we could cut the head of the snake off and everything related to them across all their accounts gets blocked too.. But we know that's not happening..

subscribomatics were awesome for the first bit they came out,  i could actually not lose a group and still get info, then some of them started abusing it, auto subscribing people whom flew into a sim or walked by a store, which is what happened here with the alt,  so I've been on a hunt to physically block everything and no results have been good.  LL really needs to give us a tool to block these at the source in some form.

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

I so wish we could do that! Not spending a Linden dime there makes me feel better, but it's not enough. What can we do?!

1 minute ago, bigmoe Whitfield said:

LL really needs to give us a tool to block these at the source in some form.

Yes yes yes!

2 hours ago, bigmoe Whitfield said:

well I figured it was time to ask here, since I cant get this spam to physically stop,  I went to the device and unsubscribed, it continued, I messaged the owner of the device, it continues... I've blocked the owner of the device, it continues, I've block the device it continues, what else can I do?  everytime I log that alt in, she gets an message "here is our newest news!"

What I noticed for some of mine like this is that the owner has multiple subscribe objects sending out messages, so you have to block them all.

• Like 1

I hate these things, when you have not chosen to subscribe, then cannot find the object to unsubscribe from the spam. I managed to find one object that was spamming me one day, very regularly for a range of events. When I hit unsubscribe, it warned me that doing so would ban me from ALL their event sims. At that point, I just thought, "Good, I don't want you or anyone associated with you getting my money". Very bad business practice indeed.

• Like 3

What I find annoying is getting this spam  from just being IN a group, even when you have group notices off. I am like damn if you do and damn if you don't. I have even left groups just for this very reason some even still send you spam even if you do leave the group and you have to hunt down the owner and ask you be taken off the list. I have even bought something off MP, a one time purchase, nothing else they had interested me but magically I get a spam notice. I think what it is that they have their MP product linked up with their Casper venders for re-delivery reasons or sales tracking and use the update system through the venders. Here is what Casper Wiki says about that https://wiki.casperdns.com/index.php/Merchant_Tips   And this in his update feature page:

"Just a friendly reminder that the "Updates" feature in CasperVend is NOT to be used for marketing.

You may use it to send important information about products your customers have purchased. You may not use it to advertise new products, releases or other unrelated things.

We will revoke access to this feature from those who abuse it.

If you want to send marketing newsletters, then we (currently) recommend a stand-alone option"

I don't know how many decent creators I have had to block, then forget I blocked them for their bot/vender/group spam if I decide to buy something else later. I know of a couple of creators have set it up you physically have to go into their store to hit a unsubscribe button to Opt-out, like really?! I never Opted-in,in the first place! I would love a  "So and so is trying to send you a update/anouncement-Do you want to opt out?" before being sent anything I did not purposely subscribe too, kinda like those experience permissions pop ups.

Edited by Gem Oxygen

So it's not just me that's getting absolutely spammed lately. As a matter of principle, I don't like ads and don't subscribe to them either. While there have always been cheeky spammers that just auto subscribe me against my will, it's gotten out of hand lately.

Unsubscribe does nothing - at a guess I'm just being re-subscribed first chance (wild guess: sale events). Blocking does nothing since it's always a new sender too. I mean at this point I can't blacklist the stores and events that do it any further.

I don't think official subscribe-o-matic's are the problem many of the top stores in SL use them you can go to the group directory see the most recent messages and subscriber locations http://subscribeomatic.com/groups/index/page:1/sort:current_users/direction:desc if my memory is right I can rez as many controllers as I like but they act like the first one rezzed and I can't "spam" messages to anyone that hasn't clicked a subscriber device. If need be the official subscribe-o-magic system allows owners to login to to their site to remove subscribers from their list 

I don't think this intentional. It's probably an side effect from multi-prim, parallel notifying devices that load-balance the automated instant message actions to 'subscribers' to circumvent scripts from being throttled when mass-sending IMs. So if you mute one, the messaging continues on the other prim. I'm not sure if muting the owner of the object would help. Probably not.

Nonetheless, it's poor design if it's unresponsive to people unsubscribing from these machines or muting them.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, ValKalAstra said:

So it's not just me that's getting absolutely spammed lately.

I'm about up to HERE with the dancing trees spams! I've tried everything and nothing stops it. Best I can do is never ever spend a dime in that place. Grrrrr.

And, no, I don't belong to the group and never did. I probably wandered onto their sim once or twice..ack! 

Edited by Cate Foulsbane

I script a device that spams them with requests to unsubscribe. They either do it, or block me and remove me from their list so I stay blocked. Either one is fine with me.

Although I did once get into a fun argument with one because they blocked me, then spammed me (which unblocked me) and got spammed further and accused me of somehow hacking the block feature. That was a good time.

• Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 588 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.