It's amazing how many new features I am getting by redelivering my old stuff.

Bree Giffen

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 736 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I just bought a new face and body skin because I wanted to switch to BOM on an avatar. It was from the same store as my old skin and as I looked at the old skin vendor in the store it also had BOM. So then I redelivered my old skin and I found it was updated to include BOM versions! The redelivered old face even supported evo-x! I also redelivered some other body parts and found they all had updated huds! I may have to go through my inventory and try redelivery of anything else that might have something new.

Have any of you uncovered something new with a redelivery?

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Yes, one of my favourite shoe stores, Renegade, updates their shoes all the time to include new sizes, so I have redelivered old purchases from there to find that they support my newer body purchases. I wish more stores could do this, updating older stuff to support new bodies, but I understand why they don't. But part of the reason I now purchase fatpacks from Renegade is that they have this ongoing support for their products.

I also redelivered some stuff from Avec Toi recently to find it had been updated for Reborn so I was pleased with that as well. Salem also did a lot of updates to support Reborn but I know they had to take time off from making new stuff in order to do all that rigging.

• Like 5

I wear out the redelivery option.. I went through my whole MP purchase history one day just looking at what I may want redelivered to see if things have been updated.. let alone to see if I still had those things or still wanted them.. I've bought so much junk!! \o/

In a strange sort of way, doing that helped with sorting my inventory because it helped me find a lot of crap that was in my inventory taking up space..lol

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Bree Giffen said:

I just bought a new face and body skin because I wanted to switch to BOM on an avatar. It was from the same store as my old skin and as I looked at the old skin vendor in the store it also had BOM. So then I redelivered my old skin and I found it was updated to include BOM versions! The redelivered old face even supported evo-x! I also redelivered some other body parts and found they all had updated huds! I may have to go through my inventory and try redelivery of anything else that might have something new.

Have any of you uncovered something new with a redelivery?

I never thought about trying a redelivery of some of my older skins in the hope that they might be updated.  Interesting idea.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Persephone Emerald said:

Blueberry regularly updates their older but still popular outfits. They let people know in their group notices when they do.

Unless they plan to put the outfit in a Weekend sale and then they don't update the redelivery so you need to rebuy the outfit if you want an updated size.   Adding 1 or 2 new color/texture options doesn't make it a 'new' outfit.  I found that pretty sad from such a popular store.

• Like 6
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Rowan Amore said:

Unless they plan to put the outfit in a Weekend sale and then they don't update the redelivery so you need to rebuy the outfit if you want an updated size.   Adding 1 or 2 new color/texture options doesn't make it a 'new' outfit.  I found that pretty sad from such a popular store.

They aren't alone in updating sizes for outfits for weekend sales, and not putting them in the redelivery. I notice a few stores doing this. If you miss the weekend sale and have to rebuy the outfit full price, because you find it cannot be redelivered at all, that is really not fair. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, Trinity1776 said:

Designers are all over the place on this one...some push out updates automatically, some inform their customers via groups, and some roll out updated versions of their products that they do not put into the redelivery system (In the past few months, Your Dreams has been doing this with furniture sets).

Ya, I've ran into this a few times recently.. Go to get a redeliver only to see the product isn't there anymore or they changed the name of the product and selling the same thing but a more updated version under a slightly different name because they added a couple letters after it.. It's just another way to resell  the product over again rather than really putting out a new one.

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, Rowan Amore said:

The weekend sale items are less than the cost of a full-price single-color item. It's really not that big a deal.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Blaise Glendevon said:

The weekend sale items are less than the cost of a full-price single-color item. It's really not that big a deal.

My point being, I've usually purchased the fatpacks so having to purchase it twice, regardless of price, is tacky from one of the leading merchants in SL.

• Like 6

5 hours ago, Rowan Amore said:

My point being, I've usually purchased the fatpacks so having to purchase it twice, regardless of price, is tacky from one of the leading merchants in SL.

If you buy the weekend sale pack for $L 75, you can use all the HUDs on your outfit items. I put all my HUDs in the same folder, unless I have a single item that comes in a color that is not in any of the HUDs.

Edited by Persephone Emerald
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Persephone Emerald said:

If you buy the weekend sale pack for $L 75, you can use all the HUDs on your outfit items. I put all my HUDs in the same folder, unless I have a single item that comes in a color that is not in any of the HUDs.

But I'm forced to purchase it if I want the updated body size which is what bothers me.  Just add the Reborn size in the redelivery.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

But I'm forced to purchase it if I want the updated body size which is what bothers me.  Just add the Reborn size in the redelivery.

I'm with you on this.. I refuse to buy the same thing twice.. It may have me going somewhere else altogether from then on out, depending on my mood that day or any day after.. hehehe

• Like 1

I really should go through and redeliver anything that I liked before I switched to Petite to see if there has been an update, the only one I have checked was my favorite jacket, but The Forge has *not* updated Ronin. Sadly my old face skins were the "Catwa" version, so now that I'm off Sophia and on to LeLUTKA Ceylon I highly doubt anything from there will fit, same for the Izzie's stuff I had to rebuy when moving to EvoX though they *had* Lele bersions when I bought them but I hadn't updated my head from the one that was gifted to me to the one I now use.

The only problem is I buy a lot of stuff in-world for group discounts and store credit and many places use MD rather than CasperVend which works fine to sell something but is a royal pain to redeliver and I usually end up needing to contact a CSR or the owner because it fails more often than it sends.

• Sad 1

11 hours ago, NanashiNyx said:

I really should go through and redeliver anything that I liked before I switched to Petite to see if there has been an update, the only one I have checked was my favorite jacket, but The Forge has *not* updated Ronin. Sadly my old face skins were the "Catwa" version, so now that I'm off Sophia and on to LeLUTKA Ceylon I highly doubt anything from there will fit, same for the Izzie's stuff I had to rebuy when moving to EvoX though they *had* Lele bersions when I bought them but I hadn't updated my head from the one that was gifted to me to the one I now use.

The only problem is I buy a lot of stuff in-world for group discounts and store credit and many places use MD rather than CasperVend which works fine to sell something but is a royal pain to redeliver and I usually end up needing to contact a CSR or the owner because it fails more often than it sends.

I have this same issue with MD, I honestly prefer Caspervend which is easier usually get re-deliveries from.

• Like 3

On 9/13/2022 at 6:03 PM, Rowan Amore said:

Some shops will do this on purpose because it's the most accurate form of 'survey' to find out which bodies are actually popular.

I'm with them on that, provided they price accordingly. I think every brand should do something like once or twice a year - put out something at a reduced price that sold one body at a time. But REDUCED PRICE is they key.

At least one item I have changed in an update from a 'fatpack' to body specific without lowering the price. I was safe with one account because I'd already bought it, but this alt hadn't and I wanted it - but it would have cost me dramatically more to get as I've got two mesh bodies on this account that I sometimes swap between.

If they had been priced reasonably for each body at the outset, or had lowered the price when they moved away from a fatpack, I would have felt much better about it. As is now, the price per body is so high I think even customers who never knew it used to be a fatpack at that price would still be deterred.

Edited by UnilWay SpiritWeaver

On 9/17/2022 at 6:41 AM, UnilWay SpiritWeaver said:

What I "love" is when I get a random delivery from a shop of something I bought some time back...

And there's no chat or notecard or group notice so I have no idea what's different, if anything, or if someone just clicked the wrong button on their vendor system. ;)

I absolutely hate that too! Which is why whenever I send an update to one of my own products I send a message which goes along the lines of "(Store Name) (Product Name) has been updated with (feature) - it is being redelivered to you now." I am sure that most creators put a lot of work into updates, I do, so surely it is important that customers actually notice and use them.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I went and redelivered all my blueberry stuff and they have updated quite a bit of things for the reborn body.. I'm spending the day going through all my brands and checking them out.. It's like a free major shopping spending spree  or something like that.. hehehe

It's so exciting seeing the body name pop up in those folders.. hehehe

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 736 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.