Male avatars with big bodies and small heads

Cate Foulsbane

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 609 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I think most people just make body shapes that look good to them.  Not everyone has an artist's idea of what perfect body proportions are and others don't care about realistic proportions at all.  I tend to let people look however they want to and keep my opinion about their looks to myself for the most part unless they specifically ask for opinions.

It can get a bit harsh judging other people's looks by our own personal standards.

It's like judging art.  I may not get it, but the person that created it does.

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, TimKoul said:

Maitreya users are known for walking around with the body and a default head using a different skin tone. Do I care enough to make a thread about it? No.

Yeah, I almost never ever see this.   What I do see a lot is larger bodies with tiny heads.  Men and women.   Aesthetic users have been running around with mismatched heads since the beginning yet many men still love that body.  

I used Maitreya off and on since it came out.  My head always matched my body.  

Where exactly are you seeing ALL these mismatched Maitreya users?  Serious question.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

30 minutes ago, Cate Foulsbane said:

I see this regularly and wonder why. Maybe it's just the way I see things, maybe the proportions are normal. Then again, maybe the proportions are way off. But every time I see this look, I remember Beetlejuice and the big man with the pin-head in the..was it a waiting room?  

Just like with arm and leg length, people aren't aware how to figure out correct proportions.   I used several helper items when redoing my avatar when I began using Reborn.  Aside from the butt still being a bit too high, it's a fairly easy body to get right.  Some bodies don't allow for certain areas to be brought into proportion especially when going larger.  Those lower leg/ ankles on Kupra for instance.  No matter what I tried, they were never going to be in proportion to a thicker thigh.

Your head should be 1/8 of your overall heights FWIW.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

10 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

Yeah, I almost never ever see this.   What I do see a lot is larger bodies with tiny heads.  Men and women.   Aesthetic users have been running around with mismatched heads since the beginning yet many men still love that body.  

I used Maitreya off and on since it came out.  My head always matched my body.  

Where exactly are you seeing ALL these mismatched Maitreya users?  Serious question.

I bounce around and actually explore. They are everywhere....beaches, sex sims, older clubs. I noticed the bigger bodies with small heads can be mostly found in gyms.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Cate Foulsbane said:

I see this regularly and wonder why. Maybe it's just the way I see things, maybe the proportions are normal. Then again, maybe the proportions are way off. But every time I see this look, I remember Beetlejuice and the big man with the pin-head in the..was it a waiting room?  

One person's incongruous font is another person's pin-head.  Perhaps there's a correlation.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Head size is what should determine your over all height and width when you are finished setting up and ready to mold.

I think with some of them body builder shapes, there is a lot of  people that do those anime or whatever they are type characters. Just crazy huge muscles and this regular sized head on top..

I crack up on head size because, All my boys were born top heavy.. I used to look forward to them waking up in the mornings.. Them coming out of their bedroom, leaning against the door frame for support... Then lining up with the couch or the recliner, leaning forward and head first like a charging bull, running to the furniture like it was a landing pad,  climbing up and laying or sitting down.. It was too early for them and they just didn't have the energy yet to keep their heads up to pull of a walk across the room.. hehehehe

They are growing into those heads though.. it won't be too long before I'm the smallest person in the house.. hehehe

Anyways, you should be able to fit just under three heads on your shoulders.. I believe around 2 1/2.

I think a lot of people just use the shapes that come with bodies to get the look of whatever made them buy, the shape, the head or the body.. I know a lot of people used to just buy complete avatars for the looks.. I think there is still a lot of that nowadays as well, especially with newer users.. They look for a look rather than pieces to make a look, like many of us do..

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Like 4

I think it has to do with scale, after a certain height the bodies' proportions just...go out of wack. That's for male and female avatars.

For some reason, a lot of guys tend to max out their height, arms and chest so they look swole on already swole bodies. Since they can't really make their heads swole as their bodies you get the pinhead thing. I've also noticed a lot of guys have this square looks like they're wearing a clothes hanger look about the shoulders and toothpick legs. Now that height deformers are out of the bag, it's even worse.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Janet Voxel said:

I think it has to do with scale, after a certain height the bodies' proportions just...go out of wack. That's for male and female avatars.

For some reason, a lot of guys tend to max out their height, arms and chest so they look swole on already swole bodies. Since they can't really make their heads swole as their bodies you get the pinhead thing. I've also noticed a lot of guys have this square looks like they're wearing a clothes hanger look about the shoulders and toothpick legs. Now that height deformers are out of the bag, it's even worse.

To be fair, no one likes leg day.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, CandyCole said:

One person's incongruous font is another person's pin-head.  Perhaps there's a correlation.

Some of us are old have poor eyesight. Just trying to make things easier for myself when I am typing. But, still, it's possible that I, too, have a pin-head. Oh dear oh dear!!!

• Thanks 1

A lot of guys don't realize when they're adjusting the shape that comes with a skin (which is usually too short and makes them tiny next to other males) that the head size to fit mesh hair properly isn't 50, it's at least 65 on the sliders. I know you guys already know this, just writing in case someone is searching the forums wondering why their head is too small at 50 😜

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Cate Foulsbane said:

Some of us are old have poor eyesight. Just trying to make things easier for myself when I am typing. But, still, it's possible that I, too, have a pin-head. Oh dear oh dear!!!

Much better, thank you very much! 
I am literally unable to read the cursive font due to vision limitations.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 609 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.