Belleza Announcing New Gen.X Body and Event

Lysistrata Szapira

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 274 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

8 minutes ago, Janet Voxel said:

I’m pretty sure the creator of Omega left SL. They probably wouldn’t be able to do Omega even if they wanted to. Probably would be a bad idea to slap unsupported scripts into a body.

The last login for them was a few days ago.  All the Omega groups and blog are still going with no mention of this.  I can still TP to the store. It doesn't look like Omega has left in any way I can see.

Edited by Gabriele Graves
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, skepwith said:

In SL, curvy is being fat while an invisible force gives you a thigh gap and holds your tummy in. Some kind of Jedi corsetry I guess. Anyway, snarky pixel-shaming aside, those tiddies are only small by SL standards. Get the demo and take breast size down to 30 and see what happens.

I actually managed to get the demo down to 30 without any major breaks in the mesh, and to give it a little lifted shape used a deformer by small called Petite. It's designed to give you a petite look bust on regular Maitreya so you can wear your extant tops.

gV65T1Q.png

Paired with Avatar Clinic's Flat Ass deformers, I managed a very nice smaller shape. (First Life spouse's note: Oh, you've given her 90s butt.) Like, the more I play with the demo, the more tempted I am to snap it up. Except I'm deathly afraid Curvy is going to get all the clothing support. LOL.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Gabriele Graves said:

The last login for them was a few days ago.  All the Omega groups and blog are still going with no mention of this.  I can still TP to the store. It doesn't look like Omega has left in any way I can see.

If I were to "leave" SL, I'd leave my stuff up, maybe provide a little customer support and log on periodically to collect my money too. I'm pretty sure people are still buying it and using it. I don't want to get any more gossipy than that.

I don't think she's doing anything else with Omega anymore though.

• Like 2

They actually crumpled really badly when I took them down to 35 before but now I can't repeat it, so I guess it was just a glitch on my end. 🤷‍♀️

I still don't think they're shaped very well at that size. They look pressed against the chest. Also yeah at some high level of body fat they'll probably look ok too.

Edited by skepwith
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, Blaise Glendevon said:

Like, the more I play with the demo, the more tempted I am to snap it up. Except I'm deathly afraid Curvy is going to get all the clothing support. LOL.

The more I read this thread, the more I'm tempted too! 

I'm not worried about Classic being supported, I think there'll be a big market of Maitreya customers like me who are tired of Lara, but don't want huge curves.  There are a number of big curvy mesh bodies now, and not all that much direct Lara competition.  Also, I think introducing without any prepress was smart, I doubt Maitreya will be able to come up with a response (even an update to Lara) quickly.

I believe this introduction included 100 partners, including brands I don't think of as catering to the massive body crowd ... e.g. Neve, Baiastice, Aleutia, Salt & Pepper.

7 minutes ago, Cinos Field said:

Have there been any news about the mod version and/or the whole tail incompatibility? I have no idea where and if Belleza even posts communications, because it definitely isn't in their in-world group.

They're on discord. In world groups are basically useless, especially large ones.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, HelenaNavy92 said:

I don't see Maitreya changing the body that much. But they could make some deformers. For the shoulders that everyone complain about there are very nice deformers, I use Eridita. And I'm happy with it. The reason I want to switch Maitreya is that I don't like the breast shape also the pelvis area. The legs is another thing I don't like much when playing with sliders. I really like Legacy, it's gonna be easier to switch to it. 

Hi, I looked for Eridita but couldn't find anything.  Can you link?

Well, I have gotten the demo and will look it over in my free time. I admit that when I saw their example Curvy on the vendor display, I was impressed to see a curvy body in SL that was realistic, not sensationalized. If that's the kind of shapes that I can make with the curvy body, I will be tempted. I was also impressed with the number of vendors there that had clothing that was not either extremely skimpy or trashy looking. I may be wrong about this but I think most of the brands and styles I've seen for the other curvy bodies have been skimpy and/or trashy clothing.

I am not sure how I feel about the "buy the fatpack in your body type" trend that Just Because and DeadDoll are moving to. For those with multiple bodies, that requires a choice right off the bat - for only one body spend SL500, or spend $L1000 for two, for one piece of clothing, albeit in a bunch of colors. A lot of times I'm not interested in getting a fatback. I'd rather spend $L200-$L300 to get that piece of clothing in a color I'd like..

Edited by Trinity1776
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Blaise Glendevon said:

Paired with Avatar Clinic's Flat Ass deformers, I managed a very nice smaller shape.

Just tried this with Maitreya and it made my butt look very lumpy and weird. it also partially inverted my buttcrack at the top. :$ Iz I missing something?

From discord, in answer to posts about the tail bone, response from a CSR:

Jaycee 🧁Yesterday at 5:02 PM

...this is being addressed and will be releasing a Mod version with a PG version that will work with bento tails soon.

I also asked about a lighter mesh version, and got this response from a CSR:

VixieToday at 12:39 PM

Once we iron out the bugs in the scripts - We will be releasing a Mod version, a PG version and a no cut version. You guys are gonna be really excited to see all that Belleza has in queue.

With the mod version you'll also be able to remove the applier layers.  Adult features will remain.  I'm not sure how many tris that will save, but it will be worth a try.  I'll wait to demo until that comes out, and people share how low they can get the tris count.

Nota bene: If you find something that needs to be fixed, probably the best way to get it into the queue for fixing is to post it in Belleza's discord "Help" channel.

I wonder if someone could do a deformer for these bodies (at least the Classic) that would make some of my Maitreya gowns fit?  *casts a worried eye at her Dead Doll inventory*

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, AnnabelleApocalypse said:

Just tried this with Maitreya and it made my butt look very lumpy and weird. it also partially inverted my buttcrack at the top. :$ Iz I missing something?

Wasn't it already lumpy and weird? I kid, I kid...well mostly.

It's how the body is rigged. Certain deformers do unexpected things with certain bodies.

It's best to demo them before you buy.

• Sad 1

7 minutes ago, Janet Voxel said:

Wasn't it already lumpy and weird? I kid, I kid...well mostly.

image.gif.ca95c60bb6d4ad9528c8a9dccfa0e1cd.gif

How dare you :P

Yes I know (I did demo so no harm done). Just Blaise said she was also using Maitreya. 

So I was wondering why her butt looked nice and smooth while mine looks like a block of spam that's been hit with a hammer a few times.

• Haha 5

2 minutes ago, AnnabelleApocalypse said:

So I was wondering why her butt looked nice and smooth while mine looks like a block of spam that's been hit with a hammer a few times.

It might be your sliders. At the risk of running the thread off topic, I'll do a comparison picture as links with my torso and leg slider numbers.

These images are with Maitreya Lara v5.3, Small Petite bust deformer and Avatar Clinic Flat Ass 3 deformer. It's a really subtle effect from the back. You notice most of the impact from the side.

Before deformers:

https://i.imgur.com/BCl6b2q.png

After deformers:

https://i.imgur.com/Qr4y8vo.png

My numbers:

https://i.imgur.com/3iaIPkW.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

55 minutes ago, AnnabelleApocalypse said:

image.gif.ca95c60bb6d4ad9528c8a9dccfa0e1cd.gif

How dare you :P

Yes I know (I did demo so no harm done). Just Blaise said she was also using Maitreya. 

I think she was talking about using the butt deformer on Belleza Classic, not Maitreya. No?

I still haven't played with the classic, but from what she showed the boobs got pretty small and the butt got pretty flat to me.

9 minutes ago, Janet Voxel said:

I think she was talking about using the butt deformer on Belleza Classic, not Maitreya. No?

I still haven't played with the classic, but from what she showed the boobs got pretty small and the butt got pretty flat to me.

Yes. The first pic on this page was me using those deformers on the Belleza Classic. They really seem to pack a punch on that mesh. 

• Like 1

I demo'd the body it wasn't anything new or revolutionary, being several thousands of USD into my current body I can't see myself switching for anything unless it brings really groundbreaking new features to the table. The shape wasn't really what I am looking for either and that is with be spending around 3 hours shaping and prodding at it.

• Like 4

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 274 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.