When did teleport attempts get limited?

Mr Incognito

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 192 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

11 minutes ago, Qie Niangao said:

May not be related, but there's a year-old thread and corresponding accepted jira suggesting this error can happen even on first try when the target region is down, or maybe when it came up in some unhappy state, somehow generating the wrong error message. 

This is when I've always received the message the few times that I have.  I don't repeatedly try to get into regions.

• Like 1

I give about 3 or 4 tries if i really want to get in.. If I still get  that i can't get in I just wait a day.. I haven't seen really anything other than a region full thing come up yet..

I should try to slam a full one to see if I can get it to register, just b'cuzz it hasn't happen to me yet and I'm feelin left out! \o/

• Haha 1

I have in the past rarely got that message, I believe it is some kind of odd bug.

What I get though, is when you try and teleport and it just hangs.. Then you either get logged out, or you manually log yourself out. The weirdest thing about that is, that when you log back in to last location, it is sometimes somewhere else that you were before you were on the sim that you could not teleport from. 

• 1 year later...

Its an old problem but maybe not fixed yet:

My script is sending a Teleport offer to an Avatar:

string region = llGetRegionName();
vector p      = llGetRootPosition();
string slurl  = "/"+(string)llRound(p.x)+"/"+(string)llRound(p.y)+"/"+(string)llRound(p.z);
llRegionSayTo( avatarkey,0,"secondlife:///app/teleport/"+llEscapeURL( region+slurl) );

[11:17] JS QuizTP 1.2: Teleport to Shermerville Central/134/97/27 (Notice the "/" in the Slurl)

When the Avatar (or myself) clicks my offered Teleport the following message appears:

Are you sure you want to teleport to Shermerville
Central/134/97/27?

After choosing Yes:

Teleport failed.
Teleport attempts are limited to 6 per minute.

Although NO Teleport attempts have been tried. (I even relogged and it still happens)

As a test I copied the SLurl from the World Map and pasted the Slurl into my Chat.

Copy looked like this: http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Shermerville%20Central/134/97/27

and looked like this in chat: Shermerville Central (134,97,27) (Notice the "(" and the "." and the ")" in this Slurl)

I clicked it and was shown a "Places" Box and could Teleport to there sucessfully.

Why the "limit to 6 per minute" and the differences in the Slurl?

Edited by jak Scribe
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/13/2023 at 9:22 PM, jak Scribe said:

Why the "limit to 6 per minute" and the differences in the Slurl?

Because the URL your script creates is incorrect. 😋 Your URL is this:

secondlife:///app/teleport/Shermerville%20Central%2F114%2F125%2F16

When it should be this:

secondlife:///app/teleport/Shermerville%20Central/134/97/27

To fix your script, replace llEscapeURL(region+slurl) with llEscapeURL(region)+slurl

That said, the broken URL does cause the teleport-rate limit to show up on first attempt. That just indicates a bug in how the viewer or server handles the failed teleport / invalid request.

Edit: Eh, better 2.5 weeks late than never.

Edited by Wulfie Reanimator
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 192 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.