Most Popular Linden Home Theme?

Ingrid Ingersoll

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 642 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

On 8/31/2022 at 9:02 PM, Ingrid Ingersoll said:

Was wondering what the most popular linden home theme is. Any guesses, and if so why?

Only the Lindens have these statistics, so maybe we can guess by what they build more of. Houseboats? (I don't like them).

Log cabins remain my favourite. Fantasseria is 2nd place. Very magical.

Victorians ok, but that dingy trim paint gets on my nerves.

Edited by Prokofy Neva
  • Like 2

There is something about the water that draws people to it, and I think it goes way beyond the mere convenience it provides to those who like to sail, swim, surf, snorkel, etc.  For this reason, Bellisseria parcels that are on or adjacent to water have always been the most coveted, regardless of the home theme.  Thus, it is no wonder that themes that promote a watery lifestyle are among the most in demand.  

I enjoyed my coastal Traditional for long time before eventually giving it up to explore other themes.  I currently have a Log Home, Stilt Home, and a Houseboat, and could not begin to pick a favorite among them, which is why I continue to hold on to all three in spite of spending less time in world right now.  

Either I am experiencing a bit of burnout, or am not finding any of the newer themes as endearing, but I still love the homes I have as much as I did when I first got them.

image.thumb.png.507379dfb23bc7cb5375478cfba6cc7e.png

• Like 11
  • Thanks 3

Agree that there is something about a seaview that draws ppl to it. Maybee deep in our genes? I like the sound of waves, its soothing. I had a trad i loved with a seaview but it wasnt enough, i wanted to be able to dip my toes into it 👣 Be able to rez both a boat and a car so i needed a place with bridges between islands. I saw no other option than a Stilt. Im not a big fan of palm trees and tropical stuff but we sometimes have to compromise. I eventually found a place that feels a bit more private too which is hard to find among stilts. And the landscape was a bit different too, a kind of tropical plants/trees i liked a bit more. As there is water around Stilts its hard to get privacy in the same way as some of the other themes. But in this case i dont feel i have the neighbours in my lap at least 😝 (Nothing is derendered and its a clean photo from the default viewer and default environment).

2CleanStilt_small.png

3CleanStilt_small.png

1CleanStilt_small.png

Edited by Always Incognito
a pic was corrupt while saved
  • Like 15

The thing about waterways and houses-on-water and houses-with-eternal-vistas-over-endless-seas for me, personally, is that it gives my computer a break from having to render loads of stuff.  The more water, the less stuff.  It isn't an ancestral yearning in my case; it's simply trying to help out my computer a little. 

Living in a stilt on water was always the best for my computer; but my personal preferences cycle like seasons through campers and chalets and trads and vics among the abundant trees and winding roads.

• Like 6

On 9/2/2022 at 11:58 AM, Matthieu Quander said:

I enjoyed my coastal Traditional for long time before eventually giving it up to explore other themes.  I currently have a Log Home, Stilt Home, and a Houseboat

I randomly discovered you house boat when i was exploring about a year ago and landmarked it. Love the vibe in there, its perfect.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Always Incognito said:

Agree that there is something about a seaview that draws ppl to it. Maybee deep in our genes? I like the sound of waves, its soothing. I had a trad i loved with a seaview but it wasnt enough, i wanted to be able to dip my toes into it 👣 Be able to rez both a boat and a car so i needed a place with bridges between islands. I saw no other option than a Stilt. Im not a big fan of palm trees and tropical stuff but we sometimes have to compromise. I eventually found a place that feels a bit more private too which is hard to find among stilts. And the landscape was a bit different too, a kind of tropical plants/trees i liked a bit more. As there is water around Stilts its hard to get privacy in the same way as some of the other themes. But in this case i dont feel i have the neighbours in my lap at least 😝 (Nothing is derendered and its a clean photo from the default viewer and default environment).

That's a beautiful location! I love the water - what are the settings for it if you wouldn't mind sharing (or is it an add on water?)

Stilts are hands down my favourite theme, which I wouldn't have expected. Unless another water theme comes up I doubt I'll change.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Evangeline Arcadia said:

That's a beautiful location! I love the water - what are the settings for it if you wouldn't mind sharing (or is it an add on water?)

Stilts are hands down my favourite theme, which I wouldn't have expected. Unless another water theme comes up I doubt I'll change.

Thank you. Its Real Waves by Antreas Alter and i use the minimal script version. Iv had them for years so they might be even better today. Here is a link to his MP: https://marketplace.secondlife.com/stores/31226

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Always Incognito said:

Thank you. Its Real Waves by Antreas Alter and i use the minimal script version. Iv had them for years so they might be even better today. Here is a link to his MP: https://marketplace.secondlife.com/stores/31226

I found the exact one: https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Real-Waves-model-Ocean-foam-animated-water-Newest-Version/3395196?page=1

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I think houseboats are the most in demand (though that may change when they've finished all the extra ones they're building). Personally, I love the idea of a houseboat, and I keep going back to them, but I find the boats themselves hard to work with and I end up either abandoning after a few weeks, or keeping a main home somewhere else and using the houseboat as a kind of holiday home.

Vics are also extremely popular, particulaly amongst people who like the Trads but find them too small. Its remarkable when you consider just how many there are (only Logs outnumber them I think) and there are still very rarely any available.

And Stilts - I really wanted to like those, because I love Trads on sand/near water, but while I love the actual houses, I never really liked the setting and landscaping.

There are only two themes I've never actually lived in, one is Vics, the other is Fantasy. I intend to fix the latter one soon.

• Like 4

On 8/31/2022 at 6:39 PM, Leora Greenwood said:

Interesting that folks tend to almost forget about Fantasseria.

An open house day for the fantasy houses would be nice. I looked inside a few when the place was being constructed, and realized that suitable furnishings would be difficult to assemble. I'm curious to see the work of people who did a good job on that.

• Like 2

Fantasseria is nice to look at. I have seen some good houses. But I think Fantasseria should have had smaller house options too. Their rooms are huge. It is hard to get that cozy, overfilled look. And it should have had more special options to pick, like a hobbit house or small tower. 

Well, I am not really interested in the Fantasy homes. So I am probably not the right person to speak. But a hobbit house would be cool.

• Like 7

4 hours ago, Maitimo said:

And Stilts - I really wanted to like those, because I love Trads on sand/near water, but while I love the actual houses, I never really liked the setting and landscaping.

I think the setting for Stilt Homes is generally really nice if you find a good spot, but agree with the landscaping.  Like most mole creations, the trees, grasses, and other plants are well made, but some interesting choices were made regarding the textures.  Simply using a texture with more blue and less yellow for the foliage would have made a huge difference in how the environment feels.  It would have been a deal breaker with any other theme, but the homes are so well done, I simply can't leave mine. 

I have the opposite issue with the Victorians.  The landscaping is arguably the best in Bellisseria.  Unfortunately, the homes simply aren't my cup of Earl Grey.   

If the Traditional Homes had the polish and features of the newer themes, I would have likely kept mine.  I'm just way too picky about things that likely don't bother most people.

I'm just grateful for all the choices, and love the challenge of decorating on a LI budget.    

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, Matthieu Quander said:

I think the setting for Stilt Homes is generally really nice if you find a good spot, but agree with the landscaping.  Like most mole creations, the trees, grasses, and other plants are well made, but some interesting choices were made regarding the textures.  Simply using a texture with more blue and less yellow for the foliage would have made a huge difference in how the environment feels.  It would have been a deal breaker with any other theme, but the homes are so well done, I simply can't leave mine. 

This, I think the too much yellow is one of the things that drive some people away from stilts. I have one (on piers) and love it, but anytime I look at those palms I wish they were a bit more dark green. 

I have a stilt and a boathouse, besides those I love the logs, but having water around is always a plus for me. My boathouse is in front of a void so open sea views, ahead is logland, I'm very curious to see what will happen there, so I'm saying there for quite some time I guess,

I think all the other themes are lovely made and having so many options is fantastic, landscape wise I love the Logs, chalets and Sakura (this last one is just magnificent).

I have an alt without a place atm and she is browsing stilts, if I get one I like more I'll trade and let go the one in my main, but it is not going to be easy, 

• Like 5

My fave houses are log houses and I've had mine for nearly 2 years now. I just love the landscaping and the winding tracks, also the waterfalls and hills. I am one of those people who has to have sounds on inside my house so I like the sounds too.  My second fave are Vics and I have one of those too on the coast and luckily it is in a region with the sounds of the sea. The landscaping is I think some of the best in Bellisseria also all the fountains and random stuff that's around if you explore.

I do have a traditional but it is an open house with a passport terminal. I had one when I first came to Belli because there was a lack of any other style available and I don't think logs or Vics were released then. It's not my favourite but the one I have serves it's purpose. I do like to go driving or roller skating around the traditional areas though. 😁

I have this weird thing about stilts....they're fine but seagulls, almost as bad as Half Hitch. I had a stilt for about half a day.

• Like 6

21 hours ago, Madonna666 said:

My fave houses are log houses and I've had mine for nearly 2 years now. I just love the landscaping and the winding tracks, also the waterfalls and hills. I am one of those people who has to have sounds on inside my house so I like the sounds too.  My second fave are Vics and I have one of those too on the coast and luckily it is in a region with the sounds of the sea. The landscaping is I think some of the best in Bellisseria also all the fountains and random stuff that's around if you explore.

I do have a traditional but it is an open house with a passport terminal. I had one when I first came to Belli because there was a lack of any other style available and I don't think logs or Vics were released then. It's not my favourite but the one I have serves it's purpose. I do like to go driving or roller skating around the traditional areas though. 😁

I have this weird thing about stilts....they're fine but seagulls, almost as bad as Half Hitch. I had a stilt for about half a day.

I don't like a lot of seagull sounds either. Sometimes a stilt neighbor will rezz a gaggle of them and I have to block them, lol!

Edited by Fay Starlight
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Picking a single favorite theme ... impossible for me.  

> The log home landscaping (with soundscape) is my favorite.  Traveling the windy roads in Logland feels like home.  And my parcel is coastal, so scratches that itch as well.

> I love the handcrafted uniqueness of the Traditional regions.  So many cool details everywhere!

> I didn't much care for the stilts when they were introduced, but I've come to love mine.  It has no seagulls near, just bird noises and water.  The yellowish palms were a shopping challenge, but there are similar RL palms, they don't bother me. I love the engineering feat of the road that connects LogLand with the Chalets through the stilts.  It's very peaceful there and I go fish off the deck for some quiet time.  That build makes me miss my partner a lot, though.  We could ride the merry-go-round or get a workout on the yoga mats.  I got a giggle that he loved its dual bathroom sinks. 

> I love the lifestyle of living in a land-connected houseboat.

> For overall design excellence, the Vics are my favorites.  I've found the homes very livable, the landscaping is ludicrously beautiful, and the neighborhoods have a sense of peaceful orderliness that is conducive to afternoon teas. :)

> Sakura.  What can you say.  Just stunning, and the homes are really interesting to decorate.  It's the only theme where I'm happy not living on the water, immersed in the feel of a Japanese neighborhood.

>  Fantasseria is so gorgeous.  But I'm giving up my parcel there, I think, because I REALLY wish there were some smaller, more eclectic home choices that would harmonize more with the playful landscape.  Maybe one that's mostly a squat tower, 1st floor square, top floor circular, with the same external style as the current homes.  Or a cave/hobbit home.  Or one that's just a stone circle with a hut and a pond.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 642 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.