Landing Point Exception for Owner

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 648 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

42 minutes ago, Axel Naxos said:

Hey guys!

Due to the excess black stripe, I don't remember how to make the Landing Point exception for myself as the land owner.

Can you help?

I've always just set home to a place other than the landing point.

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

On 7/17/2022 at 10:00 AM, Axel Naxos said:

Hey guys!

Due to the excess black stripe, I don't remember how to make the Landing Point exception for myself as the land owner.

Can you help?

An option different from listed as above - set the land to your group (deed isn’t needed, I believe). Give yourself a role in the group (if group is not your own) that has the permission to ignore landing point. 

voila. 

Edited by norajulian
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, norajulian said:

An option different from listed as above - set the land to your group (deed isn’t needed, I believe). Give yourself a role in the group (if group is not your own) that has the permission to ignore landing point. 

voila. 

Not sure but I think that only works within the region and not tping INTO the region.   To tp into the region from another region, you'll hit the landing point unless you use set home on another spot and tp there.  Once in the region, you can tp wherever you'd like using ignore landing point.  

Correct me if I'm wrong but this is how it's always worked for me.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Rowan Amore said:

Not sure but I think that only works within the region and not tping INTO the region.   To tp into the region from another region, you'll hit the landing point unless you use set home on another spot and tp there.  Once in the region, you can tp wherever you'd like using ignore landing point.  

I didn't even know we could ignore landing points.. I just thought if they set it to a spot, it always put you there..

I'm gonna have to turn that option on. :)

It

2 hours ago, Rowan Amore said:

It definitely works from an outside region as well. I have my home set in another sim than my actual home. I have a landing point set for guests outside the front door., and me and my partner are allowed to ignore landing point, so we can teleport directly into the house.

8 minutes ago, Louise Fyrewik said:

It

It definitely works from an outside region as well. I have my home set in another sim than my actual home. I have a landing point set for guests outside the front door., and me and my partner are allowed to ignore landing point, so we can teleport directly into the house.

For my alts that have their home set somewhere besides my main home, even if they are wearing the group tag before the TP, trying to TP directly to my skybox always results in them first landing on the ground at the Landing Point. 

I just now tested with the alt that owns the land group.  I set her home somewhere else and then re-logged her.   The first time that she TPs to my skybox, she ends up on the ground.  From there she can TP to any location and after leaving the land, all subsequent TPs back to the land will allow her to TP to any location.  However, as soon as she relogs, her FIRST TP back to the land, puts her at the Landing Point again.

Can you show me your settings for the Landing Point stuff?

image.png.691556568135890a777896be47931a1a.png

7 hours ago, Rowan Amore said:

The reason this likely happens is because you may have teleport routing turned on like @LittleMe Jewelldoes. If this is set this way, all teleports into the region WILL go to the landing point because that’s what you have the tp routing set to. It overrides the settings you have in the group and takes priority on initial landing. 

Perhaps I’m not understanding what the question is lol. Landing points are landing points, but with tp routing on, anyone not in the group who double clicks or attempts to go anywhere other than walking is going to end up back at the landing point. To have both set like this is basically a no go for me because I double click TP  wayyy too often and eventually I’ll throw a fit and leave in tears, or just set up camp at the landing point exactly. Everyone has their limits and I know mine. 😂

1 hour ago, norajulian said:

The reason this likely happens is because you may have teleport routing turned on like @LittleMe Jewelldoes. If this is set this way, all teleports into the region WILL go to the landing point because that’s what you have the tp routing set to. It overrides the settings you have in the group and takes priority on initial landing. 

This is the way that I have always understood that it works.   

However, the post by @Louise Fyrewik that I quoted indicated that it does not work that way for her.

I tested all of this with an alt and here's what happened.

• Landing point and routing off; teleport in anywhere regardless of being in the group or not
  • Landing point set, routing off:  teleport in anywhere regardless of being in the group or not
  • Landing poind set, routng on, alt not in group; teleport only to landing point, unable to teleport anywhere else in the parcel unless invited by someone who's already there
  • Landing point set, routing on,  alt in group (and over-ride landing point enabled in group):  teleport in at landing spot, able to teleport elsewhere in the parcel afterwards

It makes no difference if the group tag is active or not.

I was unable to find any combination that allowed the alt to teleport in anywhere,right from the start, except by setting Home.

I was unable to find any difference between "landing point set" and "landing point not set" if routing is off. It seems to require routing to be on in order to have any effect.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

21 hours ago, Lindal Kidd said:

And four posts later, I'm still in the dark.

Yeah, controlled medicine and black stripe are both very obscure references to me.   I don't know what it means.

ETA: Googling tells me that the black stripe is the box surrounding warning messages on medicines.  But the reasons for warnings vary with the meds and so I still am not sure if the OP is saying they are addicted to prescription meds or what.

Edited by kali Wylder

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 648 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.