Shattered Expectations about Premium Plus

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 674 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

1 hour ago, Qie Niangao said:

Absolutely. It's the "killer app" of Premium Plus because it's not only an exclusive item, available only to Plus subscribers, but in an exclusive neighborhood of those items where only those Plus subscribers have residences.

This reminds me of something a bit odd about this part of the PP offering. We have been told repeatedly over the past few years that the new Linden Homes are "starter homes" (usually in response to residents demanding upgrades). That POV doesn't really reconcile with them now offering McMansions and exclusive abilities to request specific parcels from these so-called "starter homes". Just seems a little inconsistent to me, but hey ho. 

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Aria Aurelia said:

Please stop beating a dead horse, most of you have said you aren't happy with the price.

What Coffee said. (cream please)

What we are witnessing is an existential crisis. We love it here yet see the handwriting on the wall. Brad is a   smart business man but we must look at what he does, not what he says (his job is to say positive things in public). Linden Research is an old school twenty year old company. It is NOT Uber, burning cash to grow users. It wants to be profitable. If he were losing money on Bellisseria, why is he adding regions, some of which produce no revenue and have questionable value. Fact is, SL is not easy to scale and the barriers to entry for new users are too high. In addition, he faces intense competition for whatever this market is. The next big player may come out of nowhere. So what to do?  You raise prices for the people that are here. You cut expenses as much as possible. And you dance as long as the music plays.

Edited by diamond Marchant
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, Gabriele Graves said:

I don't know about anyone else but when someone tells me a bunch of stuff that doesn't add up, I often wonder if they are lying.  When a corp does it, I'm sure of it.

You could be bad at math though...

......and I'm just teasing...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

I'm not sure how LL is supposed to keep SL open, if some of us don't move to PP whether we like PP or not.

The walls surrounding our little garden need to come down.

They might keep us insulated and safe, but they also keep us contained and constrained while the rot slowly spreads.

Growth with the current business model is impossible. Proven impossible. It's the same business model that's been in place for most of SL's existence, rearranging the deck chairs and painting the wrenches pink.

Edited by Coffee Pancake
  • Like 3

11 minutes ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

We have been told repeatedly over the past few years that the new Linden Homes are "starter homes" (usually in response to residents demanding upgrades).

If you want a bigger house, there are options for that. There's mainland. There are large estates which offer fancy houses - Fruit Islands, The Grove Estates. You can get an entire private region of your own. There are prefab houses and custom building services, or you can build your own. Look at "Home and Garden" in the Destination Guide.

6 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

LL probably hung their future plans on PP being successful.

Premium Plus seems more like a niche offering. LL is profitable, and regular Premium seems to be selling well. Bellessaria keeps growing, and each of those houses represents a Premium membership.

• Like 1

LH stoped being starter homes long ago. And the Lab just recognized it with Plus.

It is odd that they stated that Bellisseria in not profitable. Most of the empty houses around mine are claimed, if not all.

I upgraded an alt premium because I wanted another home and many more people did the same

55 minutes ago, Aria Aurelia said:

Please stop beating a dead horse, most of you have said you aren't happy with the price.  You have the choice not to purchase it and nothing for you has changed.  You simply dont buy it and anyone who is happy with it can buy it and go on with life.  249 is here and that is the price.  You either pay or you don't.  It is like going to the used car lot and buying the BMW, Mercedes, or the cheap Honda.  You get what you decide to pay for in life. No one is forcing anyones hand here and quite honestly the moaning needs to just stop because 249 is the price and no one is obligated to pay it. 

You get around 150 dollars worth of linden in the course of the next year which brings the price of this down to 100 US dollars.  So at 20 plus US a month I'll take my new 2600 (12.28 if you buy inworld) and free uploads on everything. (The 249/12) = 20.75 - 12.28 (Linden Cost) = 8.47

That is what it is costing you to have this if you buy it straight up  at 249

I'm going to pay 8.47 a month to get a bunch of stuff that I find highly desireable.

The problem with people with your take is thinking that people are just here to complain for no reason. People that are expressing their opinion on Premium Plus (atleast most of them) are people that like SL and they want the game to improve. Constructive criticism is necessary for a company to survive, because if there were no people to critic on these subjects, they will think that everything they are doing is right and there is no problems that needs to be fixed, overall making the product worse.

It's because of this "You either pay or you don't" takes that we have to pay 40 dollars + Premium for a name change.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

43 minutes ago, animats said:

If you want a bigger house, there are options for that. There's mainland. There are large estates which offer fancy houses - Fruit Islands, The Grove Estates. You can get an entire private region of your own. There are prefab houses and custom building services, or you can build your own. Look at "Home and Garden" in the Destination Guide.

Yes, I am quite aware of all that, as someone who has owned many Mainland parcels over the past 10+ years. My point was that LL has consistently insisted that LH are starter homes, and now they are adding these upgrades. I'm honestly not seeing what your point is, though. *shrug*

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Marius Darkheart said:

After reading the thread I have come to the conclusion that people aren't every happy unless they are getting everything for free. Also learned that people just like to complain on here and don't offer much else.

After reading this post I have come to the conclusion that you should read better.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 674 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.