IMing randomers

Robberinthemuseum

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 787 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

2 minutes ago, MalibuBratz said:

How do people even think about stuff like this lol

I'm not even sure. I mean, when I was in my early 20s, I got obsessed with learning about stuff like that. At the time I was big into psychology, so I wanted to understand the why/how. So I hunted around the internet for every non-standard interest I could find and yeah, there's some dark stuff out there. Some are really light and silly and super specific (found an entire website dedicated to women who wear headphones and one that was absolutely flooded with photos of worn sneakers LOL), but others are definitely...unique.

I guess SL gives people a safe enough place to explore all of that. I understand that part, but it makes for absolutely horrific opening lines and getting-to-know-you small talk LOL.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Rowan Amore said:

Oh yeah, I've received random TP requests sometimes followed by, "Come here".  From a total stranger.  Nothing more.

wierd ive never gotten stuff like that - though i've had random strangers dp other crazy stuff

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:
6 hours ago, MalibuBratz said:

The vore thing I still dont fully understand how it works tbh lol. 

Lol, it's a bit different from the ... Hannibal experience. I think it's probably closer to an alligator just going to town on ya. Maybe. I'm not going to look it up to verify, LOL. I forget the exact difference. 

In Vore: really big monster, really tiny you: you are a literal snack. Down the hatch and D-E-D.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Robberinthemuseum said:

That's pretty creepy alright....random tps 😶 

Clicked on one once....  I think I had been in SL for about 2 weeks.   Guy was "ready" and waiting.    

I TP'd out of there as fast as my fingers would click.    Real life jaw drop remained for some time.

That was the last time I accepted a random TP  🤣😲🥴

• Haha 3

39 minutes ago, Cali Souther said:

I'll still accept them, occasionally, just for the laughs. 9_9

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Cali Souther said:

Clicked on one once....  I think I had been in SL for about 2 weeks.   Guy was "ready" and waiting.    

I TP'd out of there as fast as my fingers would click.    Real life jaw drop remained for some time.

I get these sometimes too haha. Next time time I'll just stay and tell him to go at it but I can't talk because I'm too busy taking pics.

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, Orwar said:

I enjoy flirtation, I enjoy good conversation and building anticipation .. Heck, I usually even have to tell my partners that they must never approach me in their birthday suit if they want me to do anything to them. I too much enjoy the whole unwrapping process! 

Several times during my marriage, when my ex-hubby was working late and I wasn't, I left a trail of clothing and lingerie from the garage entrance through the house to our bedroom. The trail would look something like this:

A pair of black heels on the mat just inside the door,
a blazer on the chair in the laundry,
a scarf hanging on the laundry door knob, leading to the kitchen,
a blouse and one filled wine glass on the island and a single black seamed stocking draped over a chair back,
a black bra hanging from the fridge handle,
a skirt and a pair of black panties on the floor between the kitchen and foyer,
a lone red heel on the foyer runner, near the front door,
a red bra and a nude stocking draped over the handrail at the bottom of the stairs.
a  lone red heel, midway up the stairs,
a pair of red panties on the top step,
a black garter belt with one black stocking still attached, hanging from the hallway handrail at the top of the stairs
a nude stocking and bra hanging from the bedroom doorknob

I'd be in bed, peering out from under the covers, wearing absolutely nothing... except the pink nightmare suit from "Christmas Story".

I too much enjoy the unwrapping process.

• Like 2
  • Haha 7

9 hours ago, MalibuBratz said:

I really hope lmao

The vore thing I still dont fully understand how it works tbh lol. 

It´s totally a thing, everytime I hear about it I am reminded of the hit comedy podcast Episode 1, where they often make jokes about one of the members wanting to be turned into a turkey and eaten by Taylor Swift.  And then they made a whole episode about it, and it´s great.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Coffee Pancake said:

The only random IM's I don't like are the ones that go

• Hi, how r u?
  • I'm good/fine/indifferent/on fire ... you?
  • <s i l e n c e>

"I'm on fire" in response to "how r u" is freaking brilliant and I'm so upset I never thought to say it! 😂

• Like 2

When I'm out and about as my li'l devil with my terrifying glowing trident, I might walk up close to someone who's profile interests me and and, in IM, emote...

Madelaine McMasters: stabs you a little

I don't think that's ever gone wrong.

9 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

People sometimes drop escalating perversions into conversations to test your tolerance for such things.

I drop escalating absurdity. When a profile reveals a sense of humor, I'll grab something I see there or in the circumstance and run with it.

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, Robberinthemuseum said:

Yeah, I was going to steal that one and buy some fire particles to wear 😄 

I have a Full Perm wearable fire I can send you. I may send it to the Forum Cartel group too if I can.  Be warned not to rez it by mistake, as the fire particles come from a very tiny invisible object.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

I drop escalating absurdity. When a profile reveals a sense of humor, I'll grab something I see there or in the circumstance and run with it.

This is my favorite type of approach!

I used to stand around in a fairly popular BDSM sim many years ago holding a cabbage. Plenty of IMs would come and go, but they were entirely bland. Guys just IM'd me as if I wasn't standing around in an adult sim holding a freaking cabbage. Until - finally, one man actually acknowledged how silly and ridiculous I looked and joked on it in his opening line. We had a good laugh about it all.

Needless to say, he's the one I wound up dating. 😂

• Like 5

^ I've seen this approach from the guy's side too. There was an otherwise naked man wearing a claw-grabber game box - the kind full of toys that you're supposed to try to pick up with the mechanical claw. He just opened with something like, "Like Help, get me out of here."  He certainly got my attention and we chatted a bit, but I still wasn't interested in *hooking up* with him.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Persephone Emerald said:

^ I've seen this approach from the guy's side too. There was an otherwise naked man wearing a claw-grabber game box - the kind full of toys that you're supposed to try to pick up with the mechanical claw. He just opened with something like, "Like Help, get me out of here."  He certainly got my attention and we chatted a bit, but I still wasn't interested in *hooking up* with him.

That's hilarious, though! I have such a soft spot for men who appreciate and engage in ridiculous shenanigans. 

• Like 6

15 minutes ago, Persephone Emerald said:

Like @Ayashe Ninetails, I was at popular BDSM place years ago and saw, from a distance, a woman chained to a post in the middle of the square. Her profile stated that she loved strawberries, always and everywhere. It also showed we'd not be a good fit. That was of no concern as her passion for strawberries got my attention. I quickly TPed to Ivory Tower and searched marketplace for strawberries. I found one that came in a pack of several sizes, bought it, unpacked it, donned my full body transparent skin and then wore a strawberry the size of a UPS truck.

I returned to the BDSM place and approached her. She was greatly amused, and we had a lovely chat during which I gave her all the other sizes of strawberries. I never saw her again, but we both enjoyed the encounter.

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

Like @Ayashe Ninetails, I was at popular BDSM place years ago...

The BDSM rabbit hole is one of the things that got me sucked in .. not the overt busy places or hangouts, but the subtle signs and hints .. it was everywhere if only I cared to look, I found that being used as the go to way of expressing personal bonds and relationships fascinating, it really made things click into place. These were all real people, expressing very real hopes, dreams, and all the while comfortably wearing their hearts on their sleeves.

That and I was absurdly naïve. 😳

• Like 5

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 787 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.