Can I Impersonate Myself in SL?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 725 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

19 minutes ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

At least you have [a] conscience. I'm not so sure about [some] others. 

Look peoples! Our very own Hedy Lamarr! 😊

Sins of Madeleine

You struck gold, Silent.

When I lived in Forgotten City, I had the first page of Hedy's 1942 patent for a frequency hopping radio system (the progenitor of WiFi) on the wall of my lighthouse...

1859341134_HedyLamarr.thumb.jpg.728c8455e4e44bd9ef6564b25dcc4130.jpg

Here's the texture from the portrait of Pope Innocent X in my Warm Welcomes skybox...
29576822_SinsofMadelaine.thumb.jpg.1e9a469d9ffe9a455647cb9491f32e4b.jpg

Here's the print in-world. The list of my sins emerges from the frame and drifts slightly in the wind. That's Void Singer in my soul cleansing fire...

502903226_WelcomeVoid.thumb.jpg.8a6769f9e69cf0e6badd7d3cc42a9385.jpg

Edited by Madelaine McMasters
Added flickr link for "Warm Welcomes".
  • Like 4

9 minutes ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

You struck gold, Silent.

When I lived in Forgotten City, I had the first page of Hedy's 1942 patent for a frequency hopping radio system (the progenitor of WiFi) on the wall of my lighthouse...

1859341134_HedyLamarr.thumb.jpg.728c8455e4e44bd9ef6564b25dcc4130.jpg

Here's the texture from the portrait of Pope Innocent X in my Warm Welcomes skybox...
29576822_SinsofMadelaine.thumb.jpg.1e9a469d9ffe9a455647cb9491f32e4b.jpg

Here's the print in-world. The list of my sins emerges from the frame and drifts slightly in the wind. That's Void Singer in my soul cleansing fire...

502903226_WelcomeVoid.thumb.jpg.8a6769f9e69cf0e6badd7d3cc42a9385.jpg

I have always admired her work both on screen and off. 

You are absolutely allowed to make a 'clone' of yourself, similar name and all. The only way you'd even have a chance of running into trouble is if you went and reported your own alt for impersonating you.

18 hours ago, Lucia Nightfire said:

Which one is the real me?

Non-choppy version: https://gyazo.com/1a8917fdcc48c640268830fe85fac43b

The one on the left is animesh, yeah?

18 hours ago, Orwar said:

LottaSincliar?

Now that's a name for an evil twin.

18 hours ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

...peers over her glasses at you, shifts to a glare, then shoves a flaming tennis ball into the bell of your saxophone.

image.gif.f609ccc7da9a38abd182dd6b5d883597.gif

I found a really old photo of me and my sista alt being mysterious at Chou Chou... mostly we did not appear together as it made my computer wheeze, either that or a space time continuum thing...

image.jpeg.8b25ac59d4bc802ec4b5cc8d825523b7.jpeg

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/20/2022 at 1:14 PM, Lucia Nightfire said:

Make yourself an animesh clone and walk around with it.

Here is my animesh clone and I:

1a8917fdcc48c640268830fe85fac43b.gif

Which one is the real me?

Non-choppy version: https://gyazo.com/1a8917fdcc48c640268830fe85fac43b

Thank you all very much for your replies;

Lucia Nightfire, how exactly is this done? How did you made an animesh clone of yourself - clothes, hair, tail and all?

I'm really curious now. I know animesh NPC companions and followers are a thing, but one of yourself, down to your clothes and accessories? 

It might be quite simple after all, but... -mind blown-

16 hours ago, LottaSinclair said:

Thank you all very much for your replies;

Lucia Nightfire, how exactly is this done? How did you made an animesh clone of yourself - clothes, hair, tail and all?

I'm really curious now. I know animesh NPC companions and followers are a thing, but one of yourself, down to your clothes and accessories? 

It might be quite simple after all, but... -mind blown-

Everything has to be mod, rigged mesh.

The linkset needs to be under 100K estimated triangles.

I'm sort of cheating with the kitsune avatar as it is really 3 animesh objects with synched animations. 😆

On 4/19/2022 at 6:55 PM, LottaSinclair said:

I'm thinking of creating an alt with an avatar that looks like me, and have her on at the same time as me

I got so confused here! Then I realized you were calling your first avatar you! Or I'm still confused. If she is on the same time as you, seems like she is you too... 

On 5/1/2022 at 2:47 AM, Rilee Dallas said:

I got so confused here! Then I realized you were calling your first avatar you! Or I'm still confused. If she is on the same time as you, seems like she is you too... 

Let's try and un-confuse you. There is one, and only one, real life you. Let's call her, um...oh, I know! YOU.

YOU create an SL account. The account is not your avatar. But when you log in to SL with your account, you HAVE an avatar. This avatar can be modified to take on almost any appearance, but one thing does not change: the user name. This user name links the avatar to the account. Let's say this account has the user name Lindal Kidd. (NOT the Display Name. That can change, so we will ignore it to avoid confusion).

Now, YOU go and create another SL account. It has to have a different user name, because every account must be unique. But the user name can be very close to the name YOU chose for the original account. Let's say this account gets named Swindal_Kidd.

Now, YOU has a main account (Lindal Kidd) and an alternate account, or "alt", Swindal_Kidd.

The main and the alt account both are represented in SL by avatars. Remember that we can make an avatar look like anything we choose. LottaSinclair, the originator of this thread, chooses to make both accounts' avatars look identical, like twins. Our user YOU does the same.

Now, it is quite easy to open more than one "instance" of the viewer, and log in two different accounts, one in each viewer window. YOU does this, and now we have Lindal Kidd and her identical twin Swindal standing side by side. Both of them are being controlled by YOU. In practice, this usually gets shortened in speaking. YOU, Lindal, and Swindal all get referred to as "me".

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 725 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.