New Theme Hint? What are your guesses? Sakura!

Evangeline Arcadia

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 772 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

On 4/17/2022 at 8:57 AM, Blush Bravin said:

I oftentimes get asked why I haven't made many, if any, new addons recently. I honestly, only sold add-ons that I personally used. After living in them and posting pictures of my homes in the forums I got asked to sell them, so I did. But honestly, I've not felt any of the themes past the trads and houseboats have needed add-ons. I've gone in and made a few little bits here and there for homes that I've lived in but nothing I would consider a true add-on, except for my deck kit for the stilts, so have not sold them. I agree that the Sakura homes don't need any add-ons because they are so versatile and have so many options to choose from already.

The homes have also gotten a lot larger with later releases, with some of the Newbrooke and Sakura 512 homes being as large as the 2-story Traditionals. 

• Like 2

• Patch Linden changed the title to New Theme Hint? What are your guesses? Sakura!
  • Administrators
4 hours ago, Evangeline Arcadia said:

I would do if I knew how to:) Can't see any options to edit the thread title. I think one of the admins would have to.

Done!  Let me know if you want something different.  🙂

• Like 3
  • Thanks 7

14 hours ago, Trinity1776 said:

The homes have also gotten a lot larger with later releases, with some of the Newbrooke and Sakura 512 homes being as large as the 2-story Traditionals. 

Yep. New versions of homes for the Traditionals may tempt me back to Premium.

Or @Mercedes Avonmakes me go Premium again when she is posting some mouthwatering interior pics from the Sakuras. ;)

We shall see. Maybe they aren't released until Autumn, no need to buy Premium for me now.

• Like 5

Looks like Sakura is able to have 100-Li rez zones because weight is lost elsewhere. The tree and retaining wall system is significantly lighter, at least on casual inspection. Even though the look is lush, I did not find a tree over 18 Li; most were much lighter. This is much lower than used in most of the older themes. Ditto with the decorative retaining walls, which are also used as planters/fencing. Smart.

I can't get over the numerous home choices. What a pleasant surprise! On casual inspection the homes also seem to be lower Li than in other themes. Picky me even managed to find a small 512 Tsubaki, a near open floor plan that would look great on a 1024. 

This does not mean I am not patiently waiting for open floor plans for the vics and the trads, and even the rest of the saks. 😉

When I think about how much LL has lightened the load, I am surprised the beautiful vics with their amazing prim-heavy trees and shrubs and flowers and railroads actually fit on a sim!

Edited by Eirynne Sieyes
  • Like 7

10 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

Yep. New versions of homes for the Traditionals may tempt me back to Premium.

Or @Mercedes Avonmakes me go Premium again when she is posting some mouthwatering interior pics from the Sakuras. ;)

We shall see. Maybe they aren't released until Autumn, no need to buy Premium for me now.

We will all slowly wear you down and lure you back to the Belli side. *evil laugh*

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

I saw the new theme this morning, beautiful. It would be neat if the door/window blinds texture/full brightness/slight glow on exterior sides. So at night if residents wish to have blinds drawns but able to see out but when looking from outside the windows could be orange light or watermellon light to make it look like living community more so.

As far as Patch photo clue, I get squid game vibes from his pajamas :) 

Green Light!

93C68A79-CE92-428D-AEB0-33BBB354884C.jpeg

• Like 8

On 4/17/2022 at 12:46 PM, diamond Marchant said:

One addon that may pop up in Sakura is ceiling skins. Every house seems to have a white dry wall interior ceiling. Some may prefer wood.

ceiling.jpg

Maybe future update will be option to edit the ceiling colors, maybe option to add custom textures to interior walls and ceilings, while they are at it every surface inside homes, stair railings, stairs, internal doors, molding, floors. With texture options would need the scale, offset settings too. Easy button for newer residents via home controller, but for more experienced moders way to make internals of home modifiable freehand freestyle old school mod using build tools vs hud. It would be like having the ability to add permissions to an obect with mulitple faces. A cube has, thinkinh... 6 faces and I want to lock or no mod 5 of the faces and make 1 face mod. 

So vs selling objects with textures on them and having new resident unpack and place object sounds messy. Instead could sell textures.

• Like 3

Sakura is located just to the north of the Stilt Homes theme in Bellisseria. Notice the brilliant white dot?

2117716951_SLMap28Apr2022.thumb.png.60475a8fcaefffb15acaf10cea5bc77a.png

^ That white dot is a snow-capped mountain, located in four Sakura regions which all share the name "Sojisan", which presumably give the mountain the name of Sojisan (or Mount Soji).

128636904_Sakura28Apr2022.thumb.png.a8d13ff9c543b49520fb2d4788bdd043.png

To the south of the mountain is a region named Shobu, which contains a large building believed to be a community centre and also seems to have a a section of railway track too.

Edited by SarahKB7 Koskinen
  • Like 5

• 3 weeks later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 772 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.