Please I need to get unbanned from Voodoo Security

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 815 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

It's been more than a year since I got banned and I don't know why! I tried it all, I've been in the land and got the code and the Voodoo system says I'm not banned but I am! and I can't go anywhere that uses their system, I tried asking for help in the Voodoo antibot group too and the robot says I have to go to the store again, I also tried by email and got no answer, I don't know what else to do, I need to be unbanned because I play Magic Crystals, I hope you can help me somwhow, thank you. 😔

I tried to join the Voodoo community to get some help too, but I can't log in, I changed the password, and it keeps saying it's wrong.

Edited by darkbl00d
Added info
  • Sad 1

You're in good company if you're in that system's ban list. 

And anyone that relies on it doesn't deserve your time. 

Whatever Magic Crystals is, I also wouldn't use a system that allows affiliate locations to use pre ban systems like Voodoo. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, Paul Hexem said:

Whatever Magic Crystals is

By the same place that brought us Magic Fishing.  I think every place.that has magic fishing/crystals must have Voodoo also.  Definitely places I'd avoid.

3 hours ago, darkbl00d said:

It's been more than a year since I got banned and I don't know why! I tried it all, I've been in the land and got the code and the Voodoo system says I'm not banned but I am! and I can't go anywhere that uses their system, I tried asking for help in the Voodoo antibot group too and the robot says I have to go to the store again, I also tried by email and got no answer, I don't know what else to do, I need to be unbanned because I play Magic Crystals, I hope you can help me somwhow, thank you. 😔

I tried to join the Voodoo community to get some help too, but I can't log in, I changed the password, and it keeps saying it's wrong.

A hosting job would probably pay better per hour.

• Like 2

The success rate for getting unbanned from these systems is low, because the people who make them are convinced that they can never be wrong. If your favourite place uses it, contacting the land owner and explaining about the false positives might get it removed from that place. That's about the best you can do if contacting the person who runs the system failed.

• Like 7

9 minutes ago, Polenth Yue said:

The success rate for getting unbanned from these systems is low, because the people who make them are convinced that they can never be wrong.

They also added everyone they personally don't like, or anyone that might have said something positive of someone they don't like.

• Like 6

56 minutes ago, Coffee Pancake said:

@Linden Lab

Are networked banlists against the ToS ?

If they aren't .. THEY SHOULD BE.

I can see an argument for a personally networked ban list, if you own multiple parcels or something.

Selling your list of personal disputes for other people to enact on their own parcels is pretty messed up, but somehow I can't see LL taking action on it.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, darkbl00d said:

Good luck getting unbanned from VooDoo.  

I got perma banned from Monkey for not leaving a certain group in 24 hours, Feels like decades ago..  hehehehe

I think I got kicked from a sim like two times in all that time..

Want a work around? Make a new alt and never turn on media or streaming.. if they can't get your ip address from streams, they can't match up that alts Name or IP to other avatars using those IP's..

They take that IP and match it up to others on their ban list and then add the new alt to that list..Just don't stream anything, Can't stress that part enough.. hehehe

If you have to stream music on that alt, use an outside of SL source, like youtube or some music app or something on your computer..

Stream in world and voodoo can grab and match up the IP from the streaming server to the ip they have on their list.

I have one alt that never streams media or music and can go to those sims.. But I think if you use the Voodoo Sploader or whatever products they use, they require you to stream, so just never use their stuff and never stream music or media with that alt and you should be good to go....

Also,dependign on the viewer, like the second life viewer, I believe you have to opt out of using music streaming and media streaming, So shut those off  in your viewer preferences before going out into the world and those sims..

It's been years since I've even seen a voodoo kick, so this info is from what I did back when I would get a boot.. I haven't seen that kick message pop up in my chat in a long long time and I'm all over the world exploring all the time.. So I don't think they are as grid wide as they wanted to get..

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Like 7

2 hours ago, Ceka Cianci said:

I got perma banned from Monkey for not leaving a certain group in 24 hours, Feels like decades ago..  hehehehe

I think I got kicked from a sim like two times in all that time..

Want a work around? Make a new alt and never turn on media or streaming.. if they can't get your ip address from streams, they can't match up that alts Name or IP to other avatars using those IP's..

They take that IP and match it up to others on their ban list and then add the new alt to that list..Just don't stream anything, Can't stress that part enough.. hehehe

If you have to stream music on that alt, use an outside of SL source, like youtube or some music app or something on your computer..

Stream in world and voodoo can grab and match up the IP from the streaming server to the ip they have on their list.

I have one alt that never streams media or music and can go to those sims.. But I think if you use the Voodoo Sploader or whatever products they use, they require you to stream, so just never use their stuff and never stream music or media with that alt and you should be good to go....

Also,dependign on the viewer, like the second life viewer, I believe you have to opt out of using music streaming and media streaming, So shut those off  in your viewer preferences before going out into the world and those sims..

It's been years since I've even seen a voodoo kick, so this info is from what I did back when I would get a boot.. I haven't seen that kick message pop up in my chat in a long long time and I'm all over the world exploring all the time.. So I don't think they are as grid wide as they wanted to get..

Voodoo doesn't use media..........

• Like 1

Just now, belindacarson said:

Does it use music stream server then? I just tell people to keep both off because clicking on any kind of outside link can do it..

I mean it had to be picking up on my other alts IP just walking into a sim with voodoo in some way that was connecting outside this world.. If I'm not clicking any of their links or using their product on a new alt,they can't match that account to mine to get the name on their list or boot me.

It's been a while since I ran into it but it used to match up accounts using one of them to get your alts.. Because it wasn't kicking my one alt that had both of them off..

If they are doing something else other than me having to click on something or link to something or use a stream to an outside server, then they need to be looked into..

3 hours ago, Ceka Cianci said:

Does it use music stream server then? I just tell people to keep both off because clicking on any kind of outside link can do it..

I mean it had to be picking up on my other alts IP just walking into a sim with voodoo in some way that was connecting outside this world.. If I'm not clicking any of their links or using their product on a new alt,they can't match that account to mine to get the name on their list or boot me.

It's been a while since I ran into it but it used to match up accounts using one of them to get your alts.. Because it wasn't kicking my one alt that had both of them off..

If they are doing something else other than me having to click on something or link to something or use a stream to an outside server, then they need to be looked into..

IP harvesting is also rubbish.  Some sploders I play you click to enter and if "verify" is on I get a blue popup telling me if I choose to enter my IP address will be logged.  So I guess it's putting the decision on me to share my IP address or not. 

And yes I use the media filter everywhere and I've never had a dodgy link

It's kinda sad that the backstory is probably lost forever with the SL Universe forum archives. Those posts by the Voodoo guy would convince any reader to steer clear of this thing.

Even without access to that evidence, I was able to convince a store to quit using the system because it was cutting into its business for no benefit at all. It's a difficult case to make, though, because even rational store owners are subject to a little subconscious Sunk Cost Fallacy: "I blew L$850 on this thing so it must be doing something useful, not merely driving away good paying customers." Unfortunately not.

What I'm not clear about: Is there some relationship between the Magic stuff and the Voodoo stuff? I mean, there's a kind of dopey affinity between camping and sploders, I suppose, so they could have overlapping sucker customer bases, but surely all "Magic Crystals" locations don't use Voodoo, do they? That would be pretty sus.

• Like 6

27 minutes ago, belindacarson said:

IP harvesting is also rubbish.  Some sploders I play you click to enter and if "verify" is on I get a blue popup telling me if I choose to enter my IP address will be logged.  So I guess it's putting the decision on me to share my IP address or not. 

And yes I use the media filter everywhere and I've never had a dodgy link

As I said a few times, This was a while ago when I had any problems with them.. What they do nowadays may be different from back then..

Back then being, after redzone time period, but not too much longer after that.

They weren't connecting the match from my alt to this account from just my avatars name.. My alt wasn't in the greenzone group and never touched a voodoo  product.

This account never used a voodoo product to get put on the list, because monkey put my name in there himself for being in the greenzone group.. So

They were making the connection  from this account and my alt account somehow..

Either way, It's been years and years since I had one of those kicks from any sim because of them, let alone heard the name much since then..

I wasted too much time on thinking about them back then and pretty much not gonna waste much more on them in the future.. hehehehe

What ever they do now, I'm done being concerned about.:)

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Qie Niangao said:

It's kinda sad that the backstory is probably lost forever with the SL Universe forum archives. Those posts by the Voodoo guy would convince any reader to steer clear of this thing.

Even without access to that evidence, I was able to convince a store to quit using the system because it was cutting into its business for no benefit at all. It's a difficult case to make, though, because even rational store owners are subject to a little subconscious Sunk Cost Fallacy: "I blew L$850 on this thing so it must be doing something useful, not merely driving away good paying customers." Unfortunately not.

What I'm not clear about: Is there some relationship between the Magic stuff and the Voodoo stuff? I mean, there's a kind of dopey affinity between camping and sploders, I suppose, so they could have overlapping sucker customer bases, but surely all "Magic Crystals" locations don't use Voodoo, do they? That would be pretty sus.

If someone were to take the time and make the effort, there still a good bit of it available through the Wayback Machine.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

It was brought up during RZ, not after. Towards the end but not at the end.

I think the GZ group ban came after redzone was pretty much gone.. It doesn't really matter today anyways, it all feels like one big clump ago.. hehehe

2 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

I think the GZ group ban came after redzone was pretty much gone.. It doesn't really matter today anyways, it all feels like one big clump ago.. hehehe

Your ban might have come after but he started doing it before RZ was banned. It's one of the reasons I never joined GZ.

Edited by Silent Mistwalker

10 minutes ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

Your ban might have come after but he started doing it before RZ was banned. It's one of the reasons I never joined GZ.

That's what I was referring to was the group ban coming later..

I honestly can't remember how  long Monkey and the group went at it.. My main focus at the time was just Red Zone..  I just know, when I was about to leave months later, he made a threat to the group and kind of changed my plans for a little bit.. If he would have just waited for about another month.. hehehe

Anyways, I found something on it from back then from one of the blogs..

I'm just glad those days are over..

ETA: I just noticed the little  EXTRA link right at the bottom.. They have some anniversary thing about RZ just below the article.. I really don't think we need an anniversary for those days.. hehehe

http://slnewser.blogspot.com/2012/04/voodoo-curse.html

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

That's what I was referring to was the group ban coming later..

I honestly can't remember how  long Monkey and the group went at it.. My main focus at the time was just Red Zone..  I just know, when I was about to leave months later, he made a threat to the group and kind of changed my plans for a little bit.. If he would have just waited for about another month.. hehehe

Anyways, I found something on it from back then from one of the blogs..

I'm just glad those days are over..

ETA: I just noticed the little  EXTRA link right at the bottom.. They have some anniversary thing about RZ just below the article.. I really don't think we need an anniversary for those days.. hehehe

http://slnewser.blogspot.com/2012/04/voodoo-curse.html

You mean this article? SL Newser - Extra: Looking Back: The Redzone Controversy (slnewserextra.blogspot.com) I wouldn't say it was celebrating so much as reminiscing.

Lots of links to read if one has a mind to. 😉

https://www.google.com/search?q=redzone+zfire+xue&rlz=1C1VDKB_enUS963US963&oq=redzone+zfire+xue&aqs=chrome..69i57.4267j0j15&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

I really don't have a mind to go back down that road any more than I have already.. It was such a terrible period in time..

I'm gonna jump out of this thread and break out the brain bleach and hopefully dilute the day.. hehehehe

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

I really don't have a mind to go back down that road any more than I have already.. It was such a terrible period in time..

I'm gonna jump out of this thread and break out the brain bleach and hopefully dilute the day.. hehehehe

Sorry. Didn't mean to imply you wanted to. That was for others. 🤗

Edited by Silent Mistwalker
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Coffee Pancake said:

@Linden Lab

Are networked banlists against the ToS ?

If they aren't .. THEY SHOULD BE.

6 hours ago, Qie Niangao said:

10 hours ago, belindacarson said:

So, I'm unclear here. Does Voodoo use IP harvesting to ban "alts"?

And if they do, how are they doing other than using media?

• Like 1

Fascinating. I was banned via GZ and .. so what. The alt was not because... hihi no media:) So no longer care what it uses

To this day, I rec people wanting to go for 'club work' at any place that uses it (well in general inc shope space etc) that I would not piss on the place if it was on fire.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 815 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.