De-rendering issue

Maitimo

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 784 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'm renting a mainland parcel, and a neighbour has put up a small but garish full-bright, neon-lights-blinking gesture shop. I've tried de-rendering it but it appears to be on temp-rez and after a minute or so it all comes back. Is there a solution that allows me to use the ground, besides erecting a 50m wall or abandoning it altogether?

As its mainland, I'm presuming that temp-rez is allowed?

25 minutes ago, Maitimo said:

I'm renting a mainland parcel, and a neighbour has put up a small but garish full-bright, neon-lights-blinking gesture shop. I've tried de-rendering it but it appears to be on temp-rez and after a minute or so it all comes back. Is there a solution that allows me to use the ground, besides erecting a 50m wall or abandoning it altogether?

As its mainland, I'm presuming that temp-rez is allowed?

Temp rez is allowed on mainland, unless the neighbor happens to be renting and their rental agreement says they cannot.

I don't think there is any way to permanently derender a temp-rez item.    :(

I have a solution.

De-render it, then take a snapshot of the sky behind it, then rez a large prim on your land and hang it in the sky to block the position of the thing, and slap your snapshot on it!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Ian Mercury said:

Did you choose derender and blacklist ?

All temp rezzers are spawning new objects and that new one has a new object id and thus won't match anything already blacklisted or muted/blocked.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Temp rez is allowed on mainland, unless the neighbor happens to be renting and their rental agreement says they cannot.

I don't think there is any way to permanently derender a temp-rez item.    :(

I suspected that was the case, and no the neighbour isn't renting, as far as I know.

34 minutes ago, Lysistrata Szapira said:

You would need to find the object that is doing the temp-rezzing and black list it. 

10 minutes ago, Ian Mercury said:

Select all objects of your neighbour in area search and block them all.

None of that will help.  Even if the item doing the rezzing is blacklisted/blocked it will still function and every time it does the rezzing, it is rezzing a 'new' item that is getting a new object id.  That new item will still rez and be see-able because the new object id is not on the blacklist / block list.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

None of that will help.  Even if the item doing the rezzing is blacklisted/blocked it will still function and every time it does the rezzing, it is rezzing a 'new' item that is getting a new object id.  That new item will still rez and be see-able because the new object id is not on the blacklist / block list.

Ouch.  I'll  never be tempted to get a mainland parcel again then.    

• Haha 1

Wait, it temp-rezzez the whole shop? Sound a bit abusive to me. As in, the owner abusing a system, they seem to ackknowledge that no one wants to see it, but forces people to by temp rezzing it. I'd AR it, arguing that it's done so people cannot blacklist it. I don't think that should be circumventable.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Sukubia Scarmon said:

Wait, it temp-rezzez the whole shop? Sound a bit abusive to me. As in, the owner abusing a system, they seem to ackknowledge that no one wants to see it, but forces people to by temp rezzing it. I'd AR it, arguing that it's done so people cannot blacklist it. I don't think that should be circumventable.

Well, since the LL viewer does not even give the ability to permanently derender anything, I don't know that LL would consider someone trying to get around a derender to be a valid problem.

However, it MIGHT be AR-able if the temp rez is because they are trying to circumvent the LI restrictions.  Also, someone else mentioned the resource usage - that might be AR-able.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Well, since the LL viewer does not even give the ability to permanently derender anything, I don't know that LL would consider someone trying to get around a derender to be a valid problem.

However, it MIGHT be AR-able if the temp rez is because they are trying to circumvent the LI restrictions.  Also, someone else mentioned the resource usage - that might be AR-able.

Oh. I did not know that the LL viewer doesn't do that. That's kinda sad. If I could not have derendered my neightbours crappy cityscape, I'd have ditched my piece of mainland. (I wish I could derender that she raised the ground to level her piece, making me facing a wall of grass. *sobs*)

1 minute ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

You can AR on the basis of abusive use of server resources.  That's one of the Big Six categories of violations in the Community Standards:

Disturbing the Peace

Every Resident has a right to live their Second Life. Disrupting scheduled events, repeated transmission of undesired advertising content, the use of repetitive sounds, following or self-spawning items, or other objects that intentionally slow server performance or inhibit another Resident's ability to enjoy Second Life are examples of Disturbing the Peace.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Report.

File support tickets.

Good luck.

Had this problem on Horizons, the temp rezzer was used to triple his prim count, the rezzers moved about to avoid easy detection and the lag was insane.

It went on for months. LL did nothing at all.

He only moved out when someone offered him a better parcel elsewhere.

• Sad 5

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 784 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.