And the Theme for SLB 19 is . . . Steampunk????

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 778 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

The application announcement just went out and from the info at the top of the form it looks like not everything will be steampunk.  See underlined in red.  To "me" this seems to say that the MOLES will be making steampunk builds.   I just finished my new builds yesterday and they ARE oh so definitely steampunk LOL.  Looking forward to the event. 

image.png.88a217d0691ca06493ef3d79d5371481.png

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

Will need a big red light district as well as other varied kink outlets to be truly representative of the depth and breadth of what Second Life is to every (a lot of) Resident. 😎

That sounds good, Arielle. I will lean against a light pole with my new sexy avatar:

gear head victorian woman.jpg

• Haha 1

G with a capital rated event folks. Always has been.  :D  So no red light district. I thought the rules were even more strict than in the past but I didn't do last year. May have changed with new owners.    

So anyone applying be SURE and read what you are agreeing to. It is pretty in-depth. 

8 hours ago, Chic Aeon said:

the application announcement just went out

Here is a thumbnail of the exhibitor rules. See the SL19B Exhibitors Application for details.

1. No commercial displays or spamming
2. Unique build created by you and/or assistants
3. No collecting money
4. G Rated
5. No events
6. No camping or contests
7. No avatar bots
8. No copyright or trademark infringements
9. No illegally obtained content
10. No hate-oriented content
11. No deadline extensions
12. No parcel moving or water conversions
13. Acceptance not guaranteed

"The Mole Coordinators will have the final decision whether a build meets and follows all guidelines and requirements. All decisions are final."

Here are some things that are no longer explicitly prohibited:

- 1024 textures
- non-phantom non-surface objects
- boxy buildings
- walled parcels
- exhibits from previous years
- high script usage
- exceeding your LI (may be a mistake so don't count on it)
- build height limit
- floating signs
- skyboxes
- excessive landscape overhangs
- annoying light sources, full bright, and particles

It is possible that some of these items may be explicitly prohibited in future mole-to-exhibitor communications.

And now, a blast from the past... Patch and Squeaky touring SL16B prior to the opening.

booth_010.png

Edited by diamond Marchant
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, diamond Marchant said:

- walled parcels

I think this is mistake and should be rolled back into the bushes and quietly forgotten.

SLB exhibits are very tight, and if the temptation to try and box off the build from the neighbors exists, this will ends up looking worse than ban lines and represents one the very worst sins found in mainland builds.

Last year at SL18B, we built a rocket shop. The build filled the allotted space and did not overhang.

Yet the immediate response to the sight of it from a neighboring build was to for them to try and enclose their build with "skybox" walls to hide it from view.

This "walled box" entirely obscured the front of our build and made it impossible for people to read the sign on the top of the rocket from almost any angle, not to mention plunged everything we had into shadow. It was utterly demoralizing considering the build was made specifically the the exhibit and there would be no time to come up with something else.

I honestly can not imagine a better way to intentionally try and grief neighboring builds than by allowing walls.

I sincerely hope @Patch Linden and the moles reconsider this rule as it flies in the face of showing SL and it's neighboring communities at their best.

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/31/2022 at 9:25 PM, Coffee Pancake said:

I think this is mistake and should be rolled back into the bushes and quietly forgotten.

SLB exhibits are very tight, and if the temptation to try and box off the build from the neighbors exists, this will ends up looking worse than ban lines and represents one the very worst sins found in mainland builds.

Last year at SL18B, we built a rocket shop. The build filled the allotted space and did not overhang.

Yet the immediate response to the sight of it from a neighboring build was to for them to try and enclose their build with "skybox" walls to hide it from view.

This "walled box" entirely obscured the front of our build and made it impossible for people to read the sign on the top of the rocket from almost any angle, not to mention plunged everything we had into shadow. It was utterly demoralizing considering the build was made specifically the the exhibit and there would be no time to come up with something else.

I honestly can not imagine a better way to intentionally try and grief neighboring builds than by allowing walls.

I sincerely hope @Patch Linden and the moles reconsider this rule as it flies in the face of showing SL and it's neighboring communities at their best.

:( For what it’s worth - that rocket is wicked cool! 

I agree with you, though. I think one of the coolest things about the exhibits is how they all kinda ‘blend together’. I hope you get a more accommodating neighbor this year if you do it again.

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 778 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.