I was wrong about privacy

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 821 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Just now, Chris Nova said:

Well I can tell you dont use firestorm haha. I found it though, thank you.

I DO use Firestorm - wouldn't use anything else (well, have tried some of the others but always go back to Firestorm).

I was winging it until I could log in and get a screenshot. There's a couple of ways.

But my bath is run now so I'm bogging off for a while.

Glad you found it. There's a way of adding a message to your busy mode isn't there? I shall look later ... when I add you to my online tracker. 😛 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Chris Nova said:

How can I do that?

Preferences/Privacy

• Only friends and groups can call or IM me: When enabled allows only friends and groups to be able to IM or call you. As of FS 6.4.12, this is a per-account setting (instead of global).
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Chris Nova said:

I forgot about trackers!

You can pay $229/mo for a full region from Linden Lab and still be on someone's tracker and harassed from their alts. So yes, privacy truly does not exist in Second Life. 

I think as a premium member, you should have the option to not be tracked at all. 

Yep, had that happen to me with my ex, even before he was an ex. Would piss the hell out of me, I never felt like I could ever come inworld for just some me time even after I told him to take me off, it was creepy and made me feel uncomfortable and honestly, to this day, I still don't know if he's tracking me or not. *shivers uncontrollably* 

• Sad 4

2 minutes ago, Annie Nova said:

Or you can block them, then you never recieve any messages from them. I finally had to do that, just to have some piece of mind plus he's on my region ban list. 

I know. But sometimes they make countless alts. Its crazy. I dont think theres a limit to how many alts one can have. And your block list isn't unlimited.

1 minute ago, Chris Nova said:

I know. But sometimes they make countless alts. Its crazy. I dont think theres a limit to how many alts one can have. And your block list isn't unlimited.

True. I'm glad you changed the status that'll help some. So far, I've been lucky in the fact that he hasn't created any alts to contact me, but you know if makes me really cautious about responding to anyone and it's even harder to trust someone. 

• Like 1

Just now, Annie Nova said:

True. I'm glad you changed the status that'll help some. So far, I've been lucky in the fact that he hasn't created any alts to contact me, but you know if makes me really cautious about responding to anyone and it's even harder to trust someone. 

Oh, I know. People are horrible and crazy in here. Not everyone but it does seem like a lot.

• Like 2

Unless someone has a collar with tracking enabled, or something like a tracking anklet, no one can know our locations. Trackers can only show online status. looking at group info also shows if someone is online.

• Like 3

And if you wan't to get extreme, you can get a sim wide security system that ejects all but group members or specific people. I have one that can do that, but I've never used that feature.

Edited by Bagnu
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Bagnu said:

And if you wan't to get extreme, you can get a sim wide security system that ejects all but group members or specific people. I have one that can do that, but I've never used that feature.

when we own the whole region, then is better to restrict the whole region to group only.  People not in the group will get the system message saying they are not able to teleport to the region

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Mollymews said:

when we own the whole region, then is better to restrict the whole region to group only.  People not in the group will get the system message saying they are not able to teleport to the region

I also have a greeter that makes it clear that violence and harm allowed on the Island, and to leave if they do not accept those terms. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 821 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.