Why SL is been left out of the current metaverse hype?

Oct Oyen

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 836 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

3 hours ago, Kitten5ylph said:

You (by your own words) do not even fall under that so-called "broad brush" you accuse me of painting "everyone" with.  Sorry if I triggered you somehow, but please read posts more closely before bashing others, thanks,

True, on the other hand by YOUR words I am a prude simply because I do not have sex online. So yes, according to YOU I do fall under that broad brush. So does every other human on the planet.

On 2/5/2022 at 7:57 AM, Kitten5ylph said:

Lol, you hit the nail on the head.  We are supposed to believe the very vocal prudes who buy gorgeously sculpted, anatomically correct mesh bodies and bits are truly offended by mature content, and that they never use those bodies and bits in adult ways from time to time. I know I still like to indulge now and then :).  The louder the prude, the bigger the closeted actual pervert in my experience....

I mean you are painting a broad brush. Not all of us get the same experience of banging pixels or rp sex as you do. That does not make us prudes. I mean it's more diverse than that. But to say that everyone who is not having SL sex or have the bits and don't use them are closeted pervs. Is an absolute fallacy of the highest degree. I mean sure some are, but painting a broad brush on all of them is absolutely wrong. That and just cause we don't have sex or we find sexual stuff in SL boring. Doesn't make us a prude. Please stop character attacking people who think differently than you, or who doesn't take in on those activities in SL. It makes you and the others who the Iike that, look like morons. 

• Like 1

On 2/5/2022 at 7:57 AM, Kitten5ylph said:

Lol, you hit the nail on the head.  We are supposed to believe the very vocal prudes who buy gorgeously sculpted, anatomically correct mesh bodies and bits are truly offended by mature content, and that they never use those bodies and bits in adult ways from time to time. I know I still like to indulge now and then :).  The louder the prude, the bigger the closeted actual pervert in my experience....

To be honest, in all my years here, I've never run into any vocal prudes inworld screaming about adult content. Most of those types are the ones who have never used SL.  I have seen, on occasion, a troll running through an adult club screeching that we'll all be burning in hell but that just makes me laugh.

• Haha 1

Here's the new Facebook/Meta Horizon solution:

688f0f3ce2454da5660b6bfb8e28d749

Horizon avatars now have their own personal ban line.

That's how close you can get before you bounce off the new "personal boundary".

I don't know if you can turn it off. Probably not.

(If you want this in SL, there's a "social distancing bumper" on Marketplace.)

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 3

9 minutes ago, animats said:

Should make dancing fun.

Harassment and griefing are the product of cultural attitudes and social issues.

And you can't change or fix those using code.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, animats said:

If that's what our AV's would like, I certainly don't want any part of it. I like the semi realism we can achieve in SL. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bagnu said:

If that's what our AV's would like, I certainly don't want any part of it. I like the semi realism we can achieve in SL. 

Stylized avatars is better for people not used to virtual worlds.

What we have is actually very bad. Our avatars can easily be deep in the uncanny valley and weird people out.

We don't see it because we have invested huge amounts of time looking at our avatars and literally breaking our brains in the process (didn't you ever wonder why it took a week or so to get used to a new mesh head?).

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Should make dancing fun.

Harassment and griefing are the product of cultural attitudes and social issues.

And you can't change or fix those using code.

Harassment and griefing don't always have to be relayed to cultural and social attitudes.The person can simply enjoy doing that to "p*ss people off". And the "recipient" can be be either male of female. Some enjoy creating problems on sims. Like I have experienced from a second ex (no one knows her here).

28 minutes ago, animats said:

Wait, this is real orrrrr...?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Coffee Pancake said:

Stylized avatars is better for people not used to virtual worlds.

What we have is actually very bad. Our avatars can easily be deep in the uncanny valley and weird people out.

We don't see it because we have invested huge amounts of time looking at our avatars and literally breaking our brains in the process (didn't you ever wonder why it took a week or so to get used to a new mesh head?).

I honestly haven't experienced the "uncanny valley" here. Not like in "Polar Express". To me, it doesn't go as far into realism.  It never took me long to get used to a new mesh head, because I liked it more than the previous one. I haven't been weirded out by anyone else's AV either. Personally , I can't stand stylized AV's, so I would never try any platform that offers that. I like taking pics, and that certainly isn't conducive to that. Or anything sexual.

Edited by Bagnu
  • Like 2

Just now, Ayashe Ninetails said:

You haven't seen me after setting my facial expression HUD to max intensity.

I have a friend who yells at me for this. Often. 😂

i would love to see it, so i could understand what you mean.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, animats said:

If I were ever to join Meta, I would have to create a world with NPCs that were just walking legs.  I think I would call it the leg depositary and create a backstory of how Meta discarded everyone's legs into my realm 🙃

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Bagnu said:

Harassment and griefing don't always have to be relayed to cultural and social attitudes.The person can simply enjoy doing that to "p*ss people off". And the "recipient" can be be either male of female. Some enjoy creating problems on sims. Like I have experienced from a second ex (no one knows her here).

Then you haven't seen 4chan. That is literally where all the trolls hang. And yes it is very much a culture. It's like a haven for trolls to socialize and stuff. Then you get some of the 4chan people coming to SL, and they enjoy trolling people. They get pleasure out of someone else's displeasure. They are the exact definition of schadenfreude. Lol

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Sammy Huntsman said:

Then you haven't seen 4chan. That is literally where all the trolls hang. And yes it is very much a culture. It's like a haven for trolls to socialize and stuff. Then you get some of the 4chan people coming to SL, and they enjoy trolling people. They get pleasure out of someone else's displeasure. They are the exact definition of schadenfreude. Lol

No I haven't seen it. Sounds like I wouldn't want to!!! I want nothing to do with people like that!!! I guess I've been lucky. I haven't met any trolls inworld lol!!!

19 minutes ago, Bagnu said:

No I haven't seen it. Sounds like I wouldn't want to!!! I want nothing to do with people like that!!! I guess I've been lucky. I haven't met any trolls inworld lol!!!

I used to be a troll back in the day. I got bored and then just gave it up. But from time to time, I will troll someone who I feel is doing something wrong. Like being racist, and I am getting sick of arguing back and forth. So I will just troll them, just to get them going. Lol.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 836 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.