Premium Plus - What are your 'Must Have' features and what are you willing to pay for it?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 831 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

33 minutes ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

The only time you have to agree to Tilia's terms is if you withdraw USD aka cash out.

As Chic said, you must agree to it when you sell L$. 

The reason is that the USD balance is held by Tilia -- there is that part that tells you that if the USD sits idle w/ no activity for 12 months you will start paying Tilia a fee to hold the money.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell

15 minutes ago, Chic Aeon said:

I gave up my premium accounts because of the Tilia agreement that was needed to pay for the fee. I know several others that also did this.  So it is a valid argument for "Premium Plus".

I have a few Premium accounts that are not required to sign Tilia's ToS simply because they do not have process credits on their accounts.

12 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

The reason is that the USD balance is held by Tilia -- there is that part that tells you that if the USD sits idle w/ no activity for 12 months you will start paying Tilia a fee to hold the money.

There are also state laws that say a bank can also inact civil asset forfeiture on accounts that go # years without activity.

I've verified this with banks over notices they sent to me regarding accounts with no activity over significant periods of time.

Curious how this might apply with Tilia.

25 minutes ago, Chic Aeon said:

You have to agree still (just went through the motions but didn't sell) in order to convert lindens to USD (not connected at all with sending out to Paypal)

image.thumb.png.e7e5917f45da47269269275f21c3dffa.png

They HAVE however taken off the TOS agreement for BUYING linden dollars.  The also connected this (chic's) account with an alt account (something folks keep saying that they never do LOL).   So most of what I said above was true. Going back to cross out the bit about buying.  

Note to keep this in the THEME of the OP -----

I gave up my premium accounts because of the Tilia agreement that was needed to pay for the fee. I know several others that also did this.  So it is a valid argument for "Premium Plus".  

Nope. I have yet to agree to Tilia's terms. On any of my accounts. I do NOT cash out or convert to cash out. Never have and it is highly unlikely I ever will. I don't sell Ls either.

Edited by Silent Mistwalker

23 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I do not sell Ls nor do I convert or cash out. Once again, I have not had to accept Tilia's ToS on any of my accounts because I do not sell, convert or cash out.

33 minutes ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

I do not sell Ls nor do I convert or cash out. Once again, I have not had to accept Tilia's ToS on any of my accounts because I do not sell, convert or cash out.

That is exactly what we are saying.  You only have to agree to Tilia if you sell L$ or want to cash out an existing USD or use a payment method to pay for LL fees.

You do not have to agree just to buy L$ or do anything else in SL.

• Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, Lucia Nightfire said:

I have a few Premium accounts that are not required to sign Tilia's ToS simply because they do not have process credits on their accounts.

Surprised they haven't made your agree since your payment method is being used to pay for the Premium.  Must be because the payment method was already there and you've made no changes.  I had to agree for the accounts that I have changed to Premium, even without doing anything else on those accounts.

ETA:  Then again, the payment method is also used to buy L$ and you no longer have to agree to Tilia just to do that.  Might not have to anymore just to be Premium - haven't set one to Premium in a while.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell

Remember the long thread when they first announced we all had to sign the Tilia TOS and what came about because of the information posters provided in that thread? 

Maybe people should go back and re-read those posts in that thread because that is when it came out that if you do not sell Ls or cash out, you do not have to agree to the Tilia ToS.

1 hour ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Surprised they haven't made your agree since your payment method is being used to pay for the Premium.  Must be because the payment method was already there and you've made no changes.  I had to agree for the accounts that I have changed to Premium, even without doing anything else on those accounts.

ETA:  Then again, the payment method is also used to buy L$ and you no longer have to agree to Tilia just to do that.  Might not have to anymore just to be Premium - haven't set one to Premium in a while.

I had one alt account that I kept and renewed last year.  I could do that because I PAID WITH PAYPAL, not a US balance. So you can still do that.  I did that as a "just in case" measure but will not be renewing this year (coming up soon).   But the folks that I know that stopped being premium didn't want to spend there RL cash, but that which they had saved from stipend.  Now of course stipend doesn't cover the cost back as it "almost" used to.     

16 minutes ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

Remember the long thread when they first announced we all had to sign the Tilia TOS and what came about because of the information posters provided in that thread? 

Maybe people should go back and re-read those posts in that thread because that is when it came out that if you do not sell Ls or cash out, you do not have to agree to the Tilia ToS.

I was likely the major contributor to that thread.  "Tilia Takes Over" was the thread title and I was very happy that SEEMINGLY because of that thread the original idea that everyone would have to agree to Tilia JUST TO LOG INTO SL was rescinded.  So points for all of us -- including Linden Lab there. 

BUT THINGS CHANGED OVER TIME -- a few things a few times and it appears that "you" were not paying attention to those changes. So while that thread  is an interesting historical read for someone VERY bored and with nothing to do (it goes on forever) it has not much to do with what is happening now.  

Right NOW you can buy lindens without agreeing to Tilia (unless there is yet another message past the "buy" button that I didn't see because I didn't buy) but you cannot convert to USDs without agreement (see screenshot).  That is what we know on February 4, 2022.  

And now I am going off to hunt for gifts :D.   

1 hour ago, Chic Aeon said:

I was likely the major contributor to that thread.  "Tilia Takes Over" was the thread title and I was very happy that SEEMINGLY because of that thread the original idea that everyone would have to agree to Tilia JUST TO LOG INTO SL was rescinded.  So points for all of us -- including Linden Lab there. 

BUT THINGS CHANGED OVER TIME -- a few things a few times and it appears that "you" were not paying attention to those changes. So while that thread  is an interesting historical read for someone VERY bored and with nothing to do (it goes on forever) it has not much to do with what is happening now.  

Right NOW you can buy lindens without agreeing to Tilia (unless there is yet another message past the "buy" button that I didn't see because I didn't buy) but you cannot convert to USDs without agreement (see screenshot).  That is what we know on February 4, 2022.  

And now I am going off to hunt for gifts :D.   

Not that thread. The official thread. As I recall you were not the one to bring it up in that thread. I want to say the post was on the first page but I'm not 100% certain. 

Either way in the end LL did the right thing and didn't try to shove Tilia down everyone's throats. That is what matters.

A lot of people do not like voice chat and with the new audio technology developed by Philip Rosedale I think text to speech with an array of voices and ability to modify them would make in world conversations more interesting with option to enable or disable. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

and maybe for the new system avatars they can have actions that animate the avatar based on words and punctuation which can be changed out with purchased custom animations ! is excitement motion ? scratches head (or option to scratch bum) or for future sl animal avatars scratch back wag tail

for legal purposes would have to be donny duck, daffly duck mikey mouse mindy mouse yellowstone sam and reddish rooster could have wolf voice bird voice cat voice dog voice robot voice and those voices could change with the appearance for shapeshifters 

for the text to speech would be helpful for onboarding with Linden NPCs with preloaded notecards with text instructions that verbalize instructions to users and have them setup with different options. Do you need help? I can help with the following: world rules, how to file an abuse report, how to change cloths, list of destinations for shopping. sorta like boxie linden but with voice. Linden Governance NPCs. Building? Lets go to a sandbox follow me click here!

Would make the world a bit more polished and interesting. 

• Haha 1

Ability to rez an alt in 1 viewer vs multiple viewers for companionship, dance partner, +1. Alt could also be a vehicle type; they would be more stable than inworld vehicle system. Would not have to worry about your boat or plane booting you off and getting caught in limbo. 

Alt vehicles would not impact land either. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Paulsian said:

Ability to rez an alt in 1 viewer vs multiple viewers for companionship, dance partner, +1. Alt could also be a vehicle type; they would be more stable than inworld vehicle system. Would not have to worry about your boat or plane booting you off and getting caught in limbo. 

Alt vehicles would not impact land either. 

just leaving this here. In case

A private sandbox, that you and a handful of other people can participate in.  The sandbox shutdowns when not in use, but does not delete all of your creations. So as to prevent abuse, the premium member must be in the sandbox for it to exist, when they leave it shuts down.  Only a limited number of people may occupy it at once, say perhaps five.

$250 a year 

(Yes I am asking for a region 😜 )

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Istelathis said:

A private sandbox, that you and a handful of other people can participate in.  The sandbox shutdowns when not in use, but does not delete all of your creations. So as to prevent abuse, the premium member must be in the sandbox for it to exist, when they leave it shuts down.  Only a limited number of people may occupy it at once, say perhaps five.

$250 a year 

or a locally hosted grid sort of like the test grid but option to go online to host events or offline to work on creating mesh for the live grid. I'd pay 250$ for that. And because they would be locally hosted there would not be any cost to LL. But: I would have to be able to export the combined .dae files to desktop that I uploaded to the private grid, for example I upload a bunch of different mesh parts I build to the private grid and then I play around with them and build things with them to create products from there I would like to take those products from the private grid back to desktop or a way to complete them in private grid and have upload to live grid option. Otherwise, it would be useless to me to have another test grid to build things with parts and then try to redo all that work in blender based on those parts.  

I would also pay the extra to avoid abuse and have privacy. Dare I say Linden Home Office? 

Edited by Paulsian
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Paulsian said:

locally hosted grid

I would love to have my own locally hosted region, that has access to SL's assets so that I could use everything I have purchased in SL.  Of course, I am just dreaming and don't expect any of this to ever happen (including my "sandbox").  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Istelathis said:
16 minutes ago, Paulsian said:

locally hosted grid

I would love to have my own locally hosted region, that has access to SL's assets so that I could use everything I have purchased in SL.  Of course, I am just dreaming and don't expect any of this to ever happen (including my "sandbox").  

They would have to factor in a lot of logisticals, you can kind of do that with the test grid but it is not private and more for testing and less playing around. If they allow the inworld stuff to auto transfer to it as it does with the test grid. The export .dae files would only be allowed for the .dae files the user imported. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Paulsian said:

And because they would be locally hosted there would not be any cost to LL.

I kind of take that back just in case computer crashes it would be good to have LL back up the .dae files on private grid data. They already back up the live content. I guess they already do back up all the test files on the test grid without a fee. Maybe not? Yes we need this bad. 

Another user mentioned a way to expand to new users. This is the way. New users want to build and most do not want to mess with all the adult stuff or drama. Having private grids would open SL up to all ages. It's just a shame that most platforms offer this type of concept for free. Not every talented 3D building 10 year old has 250$ but I'm sure they can beg their parents for it.

Have it for free with free play cash to upload and test content offline but with premium plus you will have ability to take your locally hosted grid online (with afk time limits no attaching avatar to prim with omega) and no commercial or currency transfer activity and with premium plus your online live grid inventory would communicate with your private grid. Something like that. But if it's premium plus and locally hosted time should not be limited. Because if i'm working as part of a building team and I have to run to the store should not affect the other users. A lot of thought will have to go into how it would work that best benefit the users and LL equally. 

There would have to be two inventory systems one for live grid content and one for private grid content so that if the service was cancelled they live grid content inventory system would not be accessible and all the live grid content would poof from private grid. 

Free is key & Pay to host

With this system it would be at account creation for new users ( offline building grid |all ages| locally hosted ) or ( live grid ) 

locally hosted would have options to pay for multiple users

lot of thinking out loud but something like this. as many of you know I can go on and on and on an on and on and on forever. 

Free one region locally hosted offline private grid / Premium Plus 9 regions locally hosted multiple player accessible private grid. That would solve the servers are too expensive issue and give residents something to do like learn and teach building scripting with friends who will eventually want their own. The center region would be the free one. 

Would recommend Premium Plus Multiplayer Private Grid option to require annual membership.

I think there's a couple people here interested in beta testing a system like this feel free to send emails :) if something like this is doable. 

Edited by Paulsian
mental issues
  • Haha 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 831 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.