What's the most griefer-ish thing you've done in SL that you secretly wish you could still do?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 885 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

4 minutes ago, Marigold Devin said:

I've got a gun that fires screaming crying babies all over the place. That used to be fun to use. And the laser eyes to set people/places on fire.  Not griefing at all. 

The winter snowball fighting Linden Lab was interesting. I got caught from behind quite unexpectedly when I thought I was on a totally empty region.

Still not griefing. 

This was a small group of friends who all got their First Land together because we all logged in for the first time at the same time. We didn't play outside of our own lands.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

I prefer to use my Fart Bomb. Just drop it at the feet of your victim and watch the green clouds choke everyone to death while enjoying the sounds of explosive gases. 

Fart Bombs have been around for about 18 years now... 🤫

And just in case...

do NOT, I repeat NOT use this one: Second Life Marketplace - Fart Bomb - Explosive gas for explosive laughter. Fun prank, gag, griefer avenger, practical joke!

It is NOT the one I use. The one I use deletes itself after a few minutes and was a freebie.

• Haha 3

I prefer to use my Fart Bomb. Just drop it at the feet of your victim and watch the green clouds choke everyone to death while enjoying the sounds of explosive gases. 

Fart Bombs have been around for about 18 years now... 🤫

Farts are small compared to an over text on the victim avatar.

17 minutes ago, Stephanie Misfit said:

Hanging out at sex sims many years ago on my alt. Responding to advances from newbie guys by saying I would not do anything out of wedlock. Getting the guys to partner me. Taking nice wedding photo for their profile and getting them to update their picks. Not sure how many times I did this.

This gave me a good laugh. 🤣🤣🤣 What did you do once they did all that? Just log out? Block them? Pull a telenovela-style theatrical performance and demand a divorce?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

There are some things that can be done that are fun but not malicious. However, these things can be considered griefing by people. Like Gwin, I used to go into houses all the time and click on everything. There really weren't many security orbs when I started in 2006. Occasionally  I'd come across people 'doing it' and I would click on the bed and turn it off. This was before mature sims were created so I think I had every right to do so at the time.

• Like 6

I had an alt that I used to poke at Goreans with at the Hub. It was even more fun when I met a couple of "kajira", and we started tag teaming. Most got that we were just goofing off not taking any of it seriously and got a huge laugh out of it, then there were those that were just so highly offended I'm surprised they didn't blow an artery because we refused to take them seriously. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Like 5

33 minutes ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

I had an alt that I used to poke at Goreans with at the Hub. It was even more fun when I met a couple of "kajira", and we started tag teaming. Most got that we were just goofing off not taking any of it seriously and got a huge laugh out of it, then there were those that were just so highly offended I'm surprised they didn't blow an artery because we refused to take them seriously. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Oh, that reminds me of something my friends and I used to do many years ago that got us banned from most of the Gorean sims. Going there and just standing around playing musical instruments. Not doing anything else to harrass or interfere with anyone, just that.

I also put my pretty alt in a Gorean slave auction, then when the Gorean dude purchased her, changed her avatar to be really ugly and refused to change it back. He was quite angry about that as I recall.

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, Lucia Nightfire said:

Causing 15,000+ user accounts to no longer show in search between 2009 and 2011. (They got bannededed)

Yes, I "griefed" the bad guys.

LL/Governance changed the "rules of engagement" afterwards and now no longer "obliges"...

/me scratches chin. "Intweeging, Mr Bond"

Did they not all just come in on newly-made alts though? 

I really appreciate the thread that Persephone Emerald started. Seriously.
I wonder if there is a chance that you will stop stroking your puppies on the forum and may begin to loosen the chains of some benevolent devil. Do you know that you can continue to be considered an avatar worthy of attention even if you tell the truth?

7 hours ago, Jordan Whitt said:

Omg so many!  

• Racing around on a scooter with my (long gone now) friend wearing fat shapes, latex outfits and tiaras running over noobs.
  • Wearing the fat shapes, matching latex outfits, big hair and tiaras and going to club events and telling hot guys to slap our butts and ride the waves!
  • Sneaking back in and rezzing weiners in clubs silly enough to have build still on when they would eject us.
  • Wearing Nutella jar avatars and going to strip clubs and getting lap dances from the dancers.
  • Going to "adult" sims and wearing a poseball avi and sitting here giggling as people try to use them.

^ I love this last one most of all. It reminds me of how I will sometimes do the Twisted Hunt dressed as one of the cubes, then sit there and wait for someone to Touch me. It's best when the cube is scripted to break or say things, but it confuses the hunters either way. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Persephone Emerald said:

^ I love this last one most of all. It reminds me of how I will sometimes do the Twisted Hunt dressed as one of the cubes, then sit there and wait for someone to Touch me. It's best when the cube is scripted to break or say things, but it confuses the hunters either way. 

i liked it a lot too.
She reminded me of when we used to go over there with some Japanese troll friends doing something to those avi that i can't say here.

• Haha 1

I have an ex boyfriend in SL who I'm still friends with. At one time he kept rezzing onto my land and just standing there. I think he may have been using a mobile viewer or maybe his wifi connection was just really bad. I got tired of him just standing around on my land, so I set my scripted dog to push him off the parcel. He didn't complain, but it was funny to watch him get pushed.

Another time when I was still dating him but was annoyed with him, I modified a freebie noob mannequin to look like a vampire (because he was into one of those vampire pyramid scheme games), then used a pumpkin catapult to shoot pumpkins at it. I also shot pumpkins at some exploding noob mannequins. This was all on group land and didn't bother any one else, so it wasn't really griefing.

One of my best tricks for people who grief me or bother me with unwelcomed proposition's though is an object I received with the name of "Scarf". I changed it's name to friendly little monster, because when worn, it animates like it's having sex with the avatar.

Edited by Persephone Emerald
  • Haha 3

I must confess that I don't really understand what you mean by this thread of yours.
But maybe I know better than you who created it.
I think it's some kind of science fiction story.
But the fact that it is not a fantasy but instead is a reality that many SL users experience is very inspiring.
I reserve the right to understand better before saying something that may somehow seem offensive regardless of what I write.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Sam1 Bellisserian said:

I'm not really sure that a whole thread dedicated to griefing other people and how to do it is really such a good idea. Why give them ideas and instructions?

It is a real question.
If you think this is annoying to someone who lives in the luxury of a premium brokerage account you can report it as far as I'm concerned.
On the other hand I think it's a very solid topic to discuss, certainly a lot more solid than bull***** like the look at.

Edited by Tama Suki
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Stephanie Misfit said:

Oh, that reminds me of something my friends and I used to do many years ago that got us banned from most of the Gorean sims. Going there and just standing around playing musical instruments. Not doing anything else to harrass or interfere with anyone, just that.

I also put my pretty alt in a Gorean slave auction, then when the Gorean dude purchased her, changed her avatar to be really ugly and refused to change it back. He was quite angry about that as I recall.

I never got banned from The Hub for my antics. Let's just say the owner knew what I was up to with my character's... character and she liked it. Like the time I "served" and did all kinds of silly things like trip over my silks nearly drowning the recipient or mopping the floor with a rag and then cleaning the boots with it. Silly things like that. Sort of a Lucy Ricardo of Gor. 🤭

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, Tama Suki said:

I must confess that I don't really understand what you mean by this thread of yours.
But maybe I know better than you who created it.
I think it's some kind of science fiction story.
But the fact that it is not a fantasy but instead is a reality that many SL users experience is very inspiring.
I reserve the right to understand better before saying something that may somehow seem offensive regardless of what I write.

17 minutes ago, Sam1 Bellisserian said:

I'm not really sure that a whole thread dedicated to griefing other people and how to do it is really such a good idea. Why give them ideas and instructions?

In case people are not aware of it, there are a series of videos by a couple of gamers who are benignly messing around in SL to see how weird it can be, beginning with this very popular YouTube video. I think our ability to goof around and have fun in SL is essential to keeping people using this platform, and that as long-term users we may at times forget how much fun SL can be. It's not just a platform for dressing up our avatars, meeting virtual romantic partners, or doing serious roleplay. Its physics engine and our ability to manipulate prims and our avatars are also alot of fun to play with. I think we may also forget how much fun newbies have with elements we now find annoying, such as using gestures or tricking unsuspecting people. I want us to all remember that we were young and foolish once too, and far from ruining our SL experience, those stupid or silly things we did were a large part why we kept coming back to SL.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Not really griefing, but if I discover a piece of land near my home that is clearly disused but left as open build, I make small linked object consisting of enough spheres to uses up the prim allowance of the land. I do this to stop some other random passer by from rezzing annoying particle emitters or gigantic spinning pandas, so I see myself as performing a public service.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Conifer Dada said:

Not really griefing, but if I discover a piece of land near my home that is clearly disused but left as open build, I make small linked object consisting of enough spheres to uses up the prim allowance of the land. I do this to stop some other random passer by from rezzing annoying particle emitters or gigantic spinning pandas, so I see myself as performing a public service.

There is a parcel next to mine that allows rezzing. It's has a pretty little Japanese style teahouse on it, but I never see the owner online or doing anything with it. I rezzed a few trees on it, to pull it's landscaping in with my own woods. I know what you mean about griefers using rezzable land for dropping griefing objects, but I also like that random people can use this teahouse to rez packages and dress if they wish, so I don't want to use up all of my neighbor's unused prims. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Conifer Dada said:

Near your home?
Do you really think you own something in SL?
And above all are you sure that someone could not troll you in the land that you have the ephemeral security of owning just because you are paying a rent?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 885 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.