Why do most all pants/shoes combo look like you're ''flooding''? Any clothes that don't do this??

Chris Cash

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 838 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have been trying on various pants and shoes for hours now and they ALL have given the flooding look. I hate that. 

I am using Jake body demo and demos of several pants/shoes. And all have this problem.  Even dress pants where you are supposed to use low top dress shoes.

Does anyone else have this issue?  Any recommendations to fix this or designers that pants/shoes work well together?

Attaching some pics below to show what I am talking about:

Flooding1.png

Flooding2.png

Flooding3.png

Flooding4.png

Are you referring to your shoes sinking into the ground? That's a "Hover Height" issue. There's a slider for Hover Height at the bottom of the "Body" section of the "Edit Shape" window. In the Firestorm viewer, it's also in Quick Prefs. Drag the slider until your feet are comfortably out of the ground. Any footwear that descends below the soles of the feet, or repositions the foot (as with women's heels) will probably require a hover adjustment.

Edited by Madelaine McMasters

8 minutes ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

Are you referring to your shoes sinking into the ground? That's a "Hover Height" issue. There's a slider for Hover Height at the bottom of the "Body" section of the "Edit Shape" window. In the Firestorm viewer, it's also in Quick Prefs. Drag the slider until your feet are comfortably out of the ground. Any footwear that descends below the soles of the feet, or repositions the foot (as with women's heels) will probably require a hover adjustment.

No my hover is fine.  I'm talking about showing skin between the shoe and the pant leg.  That's considered ''flooding'' 

• Haha 1

It's always been an issue for men's pants.  If you make them look like RL pants, they always have a hard time finding shoes that don't clip through.  Especially now with rigged shoes.  Women's pants, if you notice, are usually tight around the ankle allowing us to wear any type of shoe.  It takes a lot of trial and error to find shoes that will work with dress pants or even jeans made with a wider bottom.  I guess they've gone to the other extreme now and just make the pants short so your shoes won't clip into them.  

• Like 1

Yeah I'm sure creators make the pants like that in order to avoid clipping issues with shoes.

Usually when I see seamless shoe x pants leg combinations, it's because they're both from the same designer so they were specifically made to fit each other. That can be hard enough to find for women's pants/shoes though, so I can only imagine how scare it might be for men's. The only thing I can really think of to do is use black socks so that the skin-colored gap isn't so obvious. Especially with black shoes and/or pants, they might even look more connected from a distance and no one would know unless they zoomed in on your ankles.

• Like 2

SL doesn't have a cloth physics system to make layers behave. So if you want cuffs down at shoe level, the shoes and pants have to be designed carefully to fit together. Look on marketplace for Men's Suits. Those often come with matching shoes, for people who want business attire.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Claireschen Hesten said:

The price is fantastic, but the reviews are all over the place. I don't understand how it is possible to have so many 1 and 5 star reviews at the same time.

Unfortunately none of their products have demos.

Edited by Echelon Alcott
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Claireschen Hesten said:

I never noticed the lack of demo they come on the first page or two (96 item view) in relevance when clicking men's apparel. Nice price for anyone who can afford to risk trying without demoing 

Store page: https://gyazo.com/9bc61d7bc305818d54ae7ba8b7c192e6

Store page filtered by 'demo': https://gyazo.com/42bf7b150db52eea8223b9f3754b7848

There are no demos in the MP store when filtered using the term 'demo'. Am I doing something wrong?

15 minutes ago, Echelon Alcott said:

Store page: https://gyazo.com/9bc61d7bc305818d54ae7ba8b7c192e6

Store page filtered by 'demo': https://gyazo.com/42bf7b150db52eea8223b9f3754b7848

There are no demos in the MP store when filtered using the term 'demo'. Am I doing something wrong?

You're not doing anything wrong, it looks like there aren't any demos. Without the filters, it says there are 0 items in the L$0-10 price range. :P That usually tells me there aren't any demos available.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 838 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.