The Bellisseria Cipher Challenge

Patch Linden

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 266 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

On 10/6/2022 at 7:22 PM, DevinKnights84 said:

at the wedding venue that was recently added.

dca2cd45120fed58834e279042c17a8e.png

This loops around the pavillion floor and repeats "where there is love there is life".

22e595501afc2b37cf68036bef7d3219.jpg

The text on this big ring seems mirrored for some reason, and unless I messed up, I think it repeats "forever y one love".

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, Patch Linden said:

You can get it... HERE

This is great - I have two questions - I make custom signage for people in Bellisseria and beyond. Some designs are free and some not.  As this is only for personal use can I make free signage for others with Bellisseria fantasy homes and if so will I be able to post them on the MP, (as free) ?

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Chloe Bunny said:

This is great - I have two questions - I make custom signage for people in Bellisseria and beyond. Some designs are free and some not.  As this is only for personal use can I make free signage for others with Bellisseria fantasy homes and if so will I be able to post them on the MP, (as free) ?

I would also like to know, as I take photos that I like to give away at my Studio 56 in Trafalgar. And this source instigated me to do some work for this purpose. @Patch Linden

• Like 2

Open the zip file and you'll find this license:

license: Free for personal use, Non-Commercial
link: https://secondlife.com/

Font usage: Personal use only, no commercial use allowed. Only for use in Second Life.
Distributed by: Linden Lab

All characters are lowercase only.  No Numbers.

You may not edit this font
You may not rename this font
You may not repackage, distribute, or sale this font
You may not use this font in multimedia, tv, applications, video games other than Second Life, or film.

• Like 1

• Administrators
On 3/18/2023 at 3:16 AM, Chloe Bunny said:

On 3/18/2023 at 9:58 AM, Nando Yip said:

I would also like to know, as I take photos that I like to give away at my Studio 56 in Trafalgar. And this source instigated me to do some work for this purpose. @Patch Linden

As long as the outcome from the use of the font results in a free product, that would be within the spirit of the license and permissible. If the font is used to directly promote a commercial product, service or venture, that would be commercial use and not in line with the license.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/18/2023 at 10:40 AM, Nika Talaj said:

You may not use this font in multimedia, tv, applications, video games other than Second Life, or film.

Aha!  That makes it official!  Second Life IS a video game!  We've got it in print, from a Linden Lab document.  😁

• Like 2
  • Haha 4
  • Sad 1

Patch's emphasis on font use only in free items reminds me of early SL. Those of you who were around, remember all the free full perm stuff people lovingly donated to the grid?  *digs into hidden reaches of inventory and hurries back to being on-topic*

Edited by Eirynne Sieyes
  • Like 3

• 9 months later...

Surely you jest.  You're expecting, perhaps, Deckard Cain to stroll out from an invisible portal and engage you in infinite conversations?

(Actually, the meme probably predates Diablo.  I seem to remember it being tossed around in games of DnD.  Wouldn't be surprised if the first T-Shirt uploaded to Amazon said "Stay a While and Listen" on it!)

Unlike most themes, in Fantasseria it is particularly rewarding to simply wander and listen.  The soundscape is amazing, and quite different in the SL night than daytime.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 266 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.