Looking for good male mesh body

AlaskaNile

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 878 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello Alaska

Here is a good resource for free (or nearly free) mesh bodies and heads; the male ones are further down the page, after the female ones: https://fabfree.wordpress.com/the-fabfree-mesh-body-and-head-listing/

If you are looking into one of the major current brand names - Belleza Jake, Signature Gianni, Legacy - which are well supported in terms of clothing options, the best priced at the moment is Belleza Jake, as Belleza has been running a 50% off sale.

• Like 1

Belleza Jake is an excellent one to get right now - as well as being the (currently) most-supported body in terms of clothing availability, it's also still on half price (L$1250 or thereabouts - compared with L$4000 for Gianni and L$5000 for Legacy). Even at full price, Jake beats the other two for value.

The only caveat with Belleza bodies is that you will also need to purchase a fully bento AO, or a separate bento hand AO, because the body itself does not include one, and without it, everyone else will see you with splayed fingers all the time. There are static hand poses in the hud but you need to manually change them every time you teleport in somewhere new and also again if anyone else teleports in after you did. The poses are basically visible only to you, most of the time. (The same applies to their female bodies).

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Maitimo said:

The only caveat with Belleza bodies is that you will also need to purchase a fully bento AO, or a separate bento hand AO, because the body itself does not include one, and without it, everyone else will see you with splayed fingers all the time.

Agreed. The cost of a separate bento hand AO is low (e.g., this one [link] is only L$55), negligible when compared to the cost savings between a Jake and Gianni/Legacy body at the moment. One could simply use the savings and purchase a good fully bento AO.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Jake's a good choice for sure.

45 minutes ago, Aiyumei said:

Why is no one mentioning that the Legacy mesh body is free if you join the group which is also free? It's still one of the most supported bodies and ideal to get you started.

Wait.. as in, the male mesh deluxe Legacy body, or the L$1 freebie?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, HelenaNavy92 said:

Not loading the skins. 

the bom ones or the layer type?

(*if you are talking about the hud itself not showing them you must enable  media)

Edited by Nick0678

47 minutes ago, HelenaNavy92 said:

The bom. But I don't use it often at all. Yesterday I checked it and there was a problem - I waited but it didn't load at all. I took a demo of Legacy body and it didn't load too. 

When you enable BOM remember to remove your Mesh Body Alpha otherwise.. the skin will be transparent.

Screenshot_2021-12-06_16-38-35.thumb.png.7ec705ef56f95d045d37734c5209cdd4.png

Edited by Nick0678

7 hours ago, Aiyumei said:

Why is no one mentioning that the Legacy mesh body is free if you join the group which is also free? It's still one of the most supported bodies and ideal to get you started.

The Legacy body is not free.  The OLD classic TMP body is free and not many, if anyone,  makes.new clothes for it.  You can probably find older items here and there or on the MP.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Aiyumei said:

TMP Lagacy is not free never has been you must be thinking of TMP Classic which is L$1/free and never required a group join when a couple of my alts got them. Unless you already have a well stocked TMP wardrobe it's not a body stores are bothering to support. Support was well on wain in 2017/18 the store even made all it's inhouse clothes free. any content you do find will be years old 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Aiyumei said:

legacy free body cannot wear most of the TMP clothes. it can wear all the pants  because fit the waist and you can hide the rest, but no tanks and tops

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Paladin Tyran said:

legacy free body cannot wear most of the TMP clothes. it can wear all the pants  because fit the waist and you can hide the rest, but no tanks and tops

There is no LEGACY free body.  The free body IS the TMP body and can wear the older clothes made for TMP.  The Legacy body costs 5000L.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Blaise Glendevon said:

Because nobody makes clothes for it anymore.

7 hours ago, Rowan Amore said:

There is no LEGACY free body.  The free body IS the TMP body and can wear the older clothes made for TMP.  The Legacy body costs 5000L.  

Well the guy said he's looking for affordable mesh body, he didn't specify price or compatibility.

There are over 800 pages of men's clothing if you search TMP.  Jeans are jeans.  They don't have to be the newest jeans.  FashionNatic has tons of items for TMP and include sizes for Signature and Slink if one decides to update to a newer body in the future.  No, you can't find clothes for TMP at the current events but there's still tons out there on the MP.

14 hours ago, Rowan Amore said:

There are over 800 pages of men's clothing if you search TMP.  Jeans are jeans.  They don't have to be the newest jeans.  FashionNatic has tons of items for TMP and include sizes for Signature and Slink if one decides to update to a newer body in the future.  No, you can't find clothes for TMP at the current events but there's still tons out there on the MP.

The TMP body and the free Legacy body are not the same body, and many of the clothes for the old TMP body don't fit. Especially the well fitting ones.

It is not appropriate to recommend to newcomers and returning folks old and outdated bodies and heads if you want to retain them as fellow residents.

• Confused 1

There is no Free Legacy body.  Not sure what people aren't understanding.  The only thing different about the OLD TMP body which IS free when you join the group, is it's been updated to BOM.  The men's version, I believe, has the hands and feet attached but the women's are still separate.  The pictures below...first is the OLD TMP from my inventory and the second is the FREE CLASSIC TMP body.  

OLD TMP from Inventory

FREE CLASSIC TMP body

Neither should be confused with the Original TMP free version that was given out years ago but is no longer.  If that's the TMP version you are comparing to the Classic free version available now, they are 2 different things.

UPDATE:  I was informed by @Nick0678that some male clothing doesn't fit the current Free Classic TMP.  I find that odd as most of the old clothing for the Original Deluxe TMP fit the female version.

I may just pick it up for my original avatar who sadly, has not a stitch of mesh anything.  😣

Edited by Rowan Amore

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 878 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.