You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 946 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

As I said in my reply to your Answers thread, it's not the size of the viewer program that is a driver, it's having enough space for the Windows operating system.

But yes, the viewer software, as well as its cache(s), is stored on your hard drive, although  other things like your inventory and all the software that generates the world are stored in the cloud.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Lindal Kidd said:

As I said in my reply to your Answers thread, it's not the size of the viewer program that is a driver, it's having enough space for the Windows operating system.

But yes, the viewer software, as well as its cache(s), is stored on your hard drive, although  other things like your inventory and all the software that generates the world are stored in the cloud.

Thank you very much!

2 minutes ago, Charolotte Caxton said:
14 minutes ago, Maryanne Solo said:

You can change the SL cache location on a normal PC but I'm not sure about a crapple macinsplosh. *wink wink 😋😊 

Ha! I’m new to the Apple world so don’t hate me just yet! Lol 😂 

@Madelaine McMasters should be able to answer your Mac questions, Charolotte. Or maybe help you set fire to it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, Maryanne Solo said:

Rollig just wants to see my pixel azz get roasted. 🙀😂

Don't we all, though?

Grabs some popcorn and a comfy seat.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Hey, Im back inworld and getting my bearings again. I want to share this link, it's Penny Patton's instructions for changing your camera placement. It's what I've always used and I thought if I love it, maybe someone else would, too.

http://pennycow.blogspot.com/2016/11/the-improved-sl-camera-revisited.html

• Like 1

On 12/3/2021 at 1:42 PM, Charolotte Caxton said:

Hi! I’m back in! I bought a Linden Home and I chose what they call a classic avatar, cause I guess mine is so old it’s all broken. I need help with the controls, it took me forever to figure out how to see my face. So, thanks!

Did you get a chance to tour your home?

• 2 months later...
On 12/15/2021 at 8:06 PM, Randall Ahren said:

Did you get a chance to tour your home?

Sorry for the super late response. I tried to think of an excuse, but I don't have one. I just haven't been online in awhile cause of the things, but Yes! I checked out my Linden Home, it's pretty cool, but I would rather have a skybox somewhere like I used to. Do we still get a plot of land somewhere for being Premium? I guess I can find out on my own, but I like talking to you.

1 hour ago, Charolotte Caxton said:

Sorry for the super late response. I tried to think of an excuse, but I don't have one. I just haven't been online in awhile cause of the things, but Yes! I checked out my Linden Home, it's pretty cool, but I would rather have a skybox somewhere like I used to. Do we still get a plot of land somewhere for being Premium? I guess I can find out on my own, but I like talking to you.

You can have one or the other.  A Linden home or your may purchase a 1024 plot of mainland without incurring additional charges.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Charolotte Caxton said:

If you choose a camper then you have 512 leftover to buy a bit of land anywhere. Otherwise you've used up your land allotment from Premium on the Lindenhome.  You can put a skybox in the air above your Linden home if you want to. I think there are restrictions about how high in the sky but I don't remember what they are.  High enough so that you don't impede people's view from the ground or air traffic, I think.  That's what I do.  It's my dressing room.

Edited by kali Wylder
  • Like 1

@Charolotte Caxton,

You've Got Choices!

1. You can keep your Linden Home, and build a skybox above it. It has to be, I think, above 2000m (check your covenant to be sure). This is easier to do, if you have one of the Linden Homes on a 1024 parcel.

2. You can keep a 512 sq m. Linden Home, go buy a second 512 parcel elsewhere on the Mainland, and set up your skybox there.

3. You can Abandon your Linden Home, and buy a 1024 parcel elsewhere, then put your skybox there.

All of these options don't cost you anything additional over your Premium dues, aside from the one-time purchase cost of Mainland other than a Linden Home. You can always, of course, buy a larger parcel, and pay a monthly land tier fee for the amount over 1024 sq. m.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Lindal Kidd said:

@Charolotte Caxton,

You've Got Choices!

1. You can keep your Linden Home, and build a skybox above it. It has to be, I think, above 2000m (check your covenant to be sure). This is easier to do, if you have one of the Linden Homes on a 1024 parcel.

2. You can keep a 512 sq m. Linden Home, go buy a second 512 parcel elsewhere on the Mainland, and set up your skybox there.

3. You can Abandon your Linden Home, and buy a 1024 parcel elsewhere, then put your skybox there.

All of these options don't cost you anything additional over your Premium dues, aside from the one-time purchase cost of Mainland other than a Linden Home. You can always, of course, buy a larger parcel, and pay a monthly land tier fee for the amount over 1024 sq. m.

Wow, I'm glad I asked. Those are a lot more choices than I remember. How come they haven't named you Lindal Linden by now?

Edited by Charolotte Caxton
Name correction
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 11/6/2021 at 10:32 AM, BjorJlen said:

Hey Charolotte

Hey! I just remembered, I have a butterfly avatar! It's basically just the invisible avatar wearing a butterfly that I found somewhere! It looks really cute but what I don't like about it is that I still have the mass of my full sized avatar. It would be so much cooler if I could literally be a tiny butterfly. Still cute though, as always. I stay in fly mode as opposed to walking, even close to the ground. Makes it look more realistic. There's this one AO I have that would probably work well with it, I'll have to look into that. Anyway, ttyl.

Oh, while I'm thinking of it, I have this super cute 2D avatar I made all myself. She's adorable. I'll post a pic.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 946 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.