You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 756 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

1 hour ago, BjorJlen said:

Sweet! Sphere away then... :) Hope to see you in game sometime so we can dance in our Rezzing bodies lol...

Peace...

I would love that! I’m in the process of getting my system up and running properly, right now I just have my phone, but yeah, dancing as clouds sounds lovely 🥰 

• Like 1

Charolotte Caxton

Hey, since this thread is all about me (imagine that) here’s my Flickr page. I prided myself on using Windlight to get the right look, as opposed to Photoshop. It was just fun. I do have a few touched up, but I tried to make them blatantly so. For the most part this is how I saw SL.

• Like 1

Hey Charolotte, name the time and place and I'm there (maybe you can take a few pics as well 😁), and thank you for the link as well. As a collector of Images and Gif's, I can already see that some of yours I'm gonna have to snag, so thank you in advance for that as well. :) As far as your new picture goes, well all I can as is...

"Did you make that background too? 😉😋

Though in all seriousness, it's a fine picture, so keep up the good work, and keep on smiling...!

Peace...

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, BjorJlen said:

Hey Charolotte, name the time and place and I'm there (maybe you can take a few pics as well 😁), and thank you for the link as well. As a collector of Images and Gif's, I can already see that some of yours I'm gonna have to snag, so thank you in advance for that as well. :) As far as your new picture goes, well all I can as is...

"Did you make that background too? 😉😋

Though in all seriousness, it's a fine picture, so keep up the good work, and keep on smiling...!

Peace...

The beautiful blue sky? Yes, I did. Windlight settings. Shoutout to Penny Patton for teaching us how to make the best default setting.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

It shouldn't be, unless your inventory has become corrupted!

But the new one looks nice too. Although, yeah . . . weird graphics? Wait until you try to take pics with Black Dragon!

I think much of my avatar from before was cloud based, I haven’t researched it yet. They may have gone out of business or something. I don’t know. I got many error messages when I tried to rez the former me, so I chose this avatar just so I could be. It’s a default starter avatar and I agree, I think it does look rather nice. Is Black Dragon good or bad? My graphics will get much better once I get my computer back. 

9 minutes ago, Charolotte Caxton said:

I think much of my avatar from before was cloud based, I haven’t researched it yet. They may have gone out of business or something. I don’t know. I got many error messages when I tried to rez the former me, so I chose this avatar just so I could be. It’s a default starter avatar and I agree, I think it does look rather nice.

Hmmm. The only avatar components I know that were sort of cloud-based were the old Mesh Project ones (and current Legacy), and those, I thought, were still fine, but maybe not? Anyway, it looks great, and will look better still with more fun shopping.

9 minutes ago, Charolotte Caxton said:

Is Black Dragon good or bad?

Yes. Exactly.

BD takes noticeably better pictures: they are crisper, have a better colour range, and (sometimes) feature better shadows than you'll get with other viewers. The viewer also has an absolutely invaluable built-in poser.

But it's a buggy viewer, and the UI, which was purpose-designed with dedicated gamers in mind, is sufficiently different from other viewers that it takes some getting used to for most of us. It's also missing a few features (such as area search, and the ability to easily edit worn attachments). Oh, and it requires a better computer (whatever Niran says).

But definitely worth trying.

Edited by Scylla Rhiadra
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Hmmm. The only avatar components I know that were sort of cloud-based were the old Mesh Project ones (and current Legacy), and those, I thought, were still fine, but maybe not? Anyway, it looks great, and will look better still with more fun shopping.

Yes. Exactly.

BD takes noticeably better pictures: they are crisper, have a better colour range, and (sometimes) feature better shadows than you'll get with other viewers. The viewer also has an absolutely invaluable built-in poser.

But it's a buggy viewer, and the UI, which was purpose-designed with dedicated gamers in mind, is sufficiently different from other viewers that it takes some getting used to for most of us. It's also missing a few features (such as area search, and the ability to easily edit worn attachments). Oh, and it requires a better computer (whatever Niran says).

But definitely worth trying.

Thanks, I’ll definitely check it out. And yes, I used Mesh Project and don’t know if they are still around or not.

1 minute ago, Charolotte Caxton said:

Thanks, I’ll definitely check it out. And yes, I used Mesh Project and don’t know if they are still around or not.

If you have the old TMP.body, they are giving away a sort of updated version of it for free.  New HUD, BOM friendly.  Not logged in at the moment to get the LM for it but maybe someone can pass it along.  

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

If you have the old TMP.body, they are giving away a sort of updated version of it for free.  New HUD, BOM friendly.  Not logged in at the moment to get the LM for it but maybe someone can pass it along.  

Really! That’s awesome, thank you for letting me know! What’s BOM?

• Haha 2

Just now, Charolotte Caxton said:

Really! That’s awesome, thank you for letting me know! What’s BOM?

BOM is Bakes on Mesh.  Sort of the replacement for appliers.  Think old style.system layers/tattoos.  

https://virtualbloke.com/archives/3449#:~:text=BOM stands for ‘Bakes on Mesh’. This is,that if you want to try it out.

19 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

BOM is Bakes on Mesh.  Sort of the replacement for appliers.  Think old style.system layers/tattoos.  

https://virtualbloke.com/archives/3449#:~:text=BOM stands for ‘Bakes on Mesh’. This is,that if you want to try it out.

Thank you. It’s fun (not) being a noob after all these years 😜

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Charolotte Caxton said:

Hi! I’m back in! I bought a Linden Home and I chose what they call a classic avatar, cause I guess mine is so old it’s all broken. I need help with the controls, it took me forever to figure out how to see my face. So, thanks!

Did you get a Linden home in Bellisseria?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi. I asked in questions just now, and I’m gonna ask here as well. My Mac wants me to choose a partition size so that I can instal windows on it. I don’t know what size to choose. I want to optimally run Black Dragon viewer on it. The reason I am confused is because I don’t know if I need storage space on my hard drive because I’m thinking it’s not stored on my hard drive? Isn’t it all on the servers? Do I need a large amount of storage to run SL? Thanks if anyone knows.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 756 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.