Customer support - re-delivery terminals in mainstores

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 928 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Friendly hello to all 🙂 

Because of a stupid mistake I am dealing with inventory loss now. I lost one of my most important folders (plus sub folders) with all my furniture (over 10.000 items). Yeah my own fault 🙄 and LL did not respond yet to my opened ticket. I thought,  just in case it will not be possible to restore my loss,  I will visit the stores where I bought some stuff and remember. The terminals would be helpful IF they would be maintained by the creators. About some shops/stores I am sure that I bought tons of products from them, but the funny thing is then you get shown stuff in the list only from 2018 and the stuff what you bought this year? Got lost or have not maintained? I have had same results in different stores.  Probably some stores seem not to care for this special service (even there is rezzed a re-delivery terminal) and then you can read in some store manager profiles unfriendly FAQs and demands about a copy of your transaction history. This is NOT helpful, when you are a customers for years and LL limited the retrospective view for 3 months only. I am frustrated about my own fault, additionally you have to deal with a mediocre customer support. 

I can understand that store manager or even creator have to deal with crazy customer requests sometimes, insults etc. but this should be said, for me as resident being almost 15 years in game I will no longer buy from stores/creators who are not willing or able to offer a standard service like maintained re-delivery terminals. I know its extra work...but you expect to be paid well with real money for your work, but this includes for me a standard customer support also like mentioned. 

• Like 2

I've got stuff ranging back 10 years that I can never get replaced,  some of those are because the products are not supported or the creators left SL,  so their update system is dead, most used hippo back then and not casper.    I wish LL had the intergrations for us to get redelivered of anything we've ever purchased in SL, but the problem is how do they knwo what is what.

• Like 2

to be honest, i rarely encoutered these problems, and for sure not for a lót of items.
Perhaps i'm just buying at good creators :) by some i seen two kind of redelivery terminals.. pre and after a certain date 9 change of system i think)
ALso try your MP redelivery, if you bought there. And not as last... ásk them, but you'll have to show your ticket you bought it... )

However it s***ks,.. i can understand creators/stores don't keep everything from the old days available... there's often so much better now.

Edited by Alwin Alcott

21 minutes ago, bigmoe Whitfield said:

I've got stuff ranging back 10 years that I can never get replaced,  some of those are because the products are not supported or the creators left SL,  so their update system is dead, most used hippo back then and not casper.    I wish LL had the intergrations for us to get redelivered of anything we've ever purchased in SL, but the problem is how do they knwo what is what.

True and to limit the transaction history review for the last three months is crap also. But I mean if you bought actual stuff from the last + this year and you know about it, but it's not shown in the casper database then it is up to the creator to maintain it. It is frustrating if you see a re-delivery terminal in a store and it is empty. But to be fair, I also had some very kind and good customer support from creators who are not found on events often... they were very kind and tried to be helpful. Some stores are very well organized but others lack of this standard service. I just mentioning this and maybe some of them will keep it as little reminder to offer a better customer service. 

Edited by Manu Mysterious

2 hours ago, Manu Mysterious said:

True and to limit the transaction history review for the last three months is crap also. But I mean if you bought actual stuff from the last + this year and you know about it, but it's not shown in the casper database then it is up to the creator to maintain it. It is frustrating if you see a re-delivery terminal in a store and it is empty. But to be fair, I also had some very kind and good customer support from creators who are not found on events often... they were very kind and tried to be helpful. Some stores are very well organized but others lack of this standard service. I just mentioning this and maybe some of them will keep it as little reminder to offer a better customer service. 

it's not only the shop owners to blame... where are your purchase tickets/transactions? you have them to save on your own HD .. many shop owner do that too, and can find your transaction. It works both sides.

3 hours ago, Alwin Alcott said:

it's not only the shop owners to blame... where are your purchase tickets/transactions? you have them to save on your own HD .. many shop owner do that too, and can find your transaction. It works both sides.

Who left one word about to blame shop owners? After almost 15 years in SL it happened to me the first time and you ask me to keep safe all stuff save on my own HD from that long time? Seriously, this is ridiculous and I mentioned that there are others creator/shop owner who have NO problem to maintain their re-delivery terminals. Btw. I haven't said that all shop owners lack of this standard service.  

On the other hand, my inventory had over 135.000 items.. to give me such brilliant advice is a joke (because I am a customer and not the content creator. If content creator would do this, this would make sense). But you could tell us, why would you put a re-delivery terminal in your store, if you are not able or willing to keep this updated? Does it makes sense? It doesn't. 

1 hour ago, Manu Mysterious said:

and you ask me to keep safe all stuff save on my own HD from that long time? Seriously, this is ridiculous

as it also is sellers do that for you,

1 hour ago, Manu Mysterious said:

I haven't said that all shop owners lack of this standard service. 

beause it ISN'T standard service for keeping things available all the time.
But you don't like other views but that's life.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

53 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

If you are premium, I believe you can go back through your whole transaction history for transaction information..

Premium can get L$ history for 3 months -- Basic accounts get only 1 month.

It is the USD transactions that you can get for the life of your account - the stuff shown under "Account History/Statements".

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

7 hours ago, Manu Mysterious said:

Friendly hello to all 🙂 

Because of a stupid mistake I am dealing with inventory loss now. I lost one of my most important folders (plus sub folders) with all my furniture (over 10.000 items). Yeah my own fault 🙄 and LL did not respond yet to my opened ticket. I thought,  just in case it will not be possible to restore my loss,  I will visit the stores where I bought some stuff and remember. The terminals would be helpful IF they would be maintained by the creators. About some shops/stores I am sure that I bought tons of products from them, but the funny thing is then you get shown stuff in the list only from 2018 and the stuff what you bought this year? Got lost or have not maintained? I have had same results in different stores.  Probably some stores seem not to care for this special service (even there is rezzed a re-delivery terminal) and then you can read in some store manager profiles unfriendly FAQs and demands about a copy of your transaction history. This is NOT helpful, when you are a customers for years and LL limited the retrospective view for 3 months only. I am frustrated about my own fault, additionally you have to deal with a mediocre customer support. 

I can understand that store manager or even creator have to deal with crazy customer requests sometimes, insults etc. but this should be said, for me as resident being almost 15 years in game I will no longer buy from stores/creators who are not willing or able to offer a standard service like maintained re-delivery terminals. I know its extra work...but you expect to be paid well with real money for your work, but this includes for me a standard customer support also like mentioned. 

Part  of the problem is that merchants change their delivery system for various reasons.  When Hippo went out of business, many merchants were required to change systems.

I'm not sure if any of the various vendor systems allow importing of transactions from other vendor systems.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Premium can get L$ history for 3 months -- Basic accounts get only 1 month.

It is the USD transactions that you can get for the life of your account - the stuff shown under "Account History/Statements".

Ahh ok, so that's what that was.. hehehe

I just remember seeing something one night and thought it was my transaction history and remember saying to myself, I didn't think we could go all the way back..

I thought it seemed kind of strange and checked it off as, must be a new perk or something.. hehehe

2 hours ago, Ceka Cianci said:

If you are premium, I believe you can go back through your whole transaction history for transaction information..

I'm premium and it shows me the last three months only... and there is another problem, if you bought several items and there is no product name listed how do you want to figure out what it had been? 

2 hours ago, Alwin Alcott said:

as it also is sellers do that for you,

beause it ISN'T standard service for keeping things available all the time.
But you don't like other views but that's life.

It IS standard service, maybe NOT for YOU but for a lot of creators! And do me a favour PLEASE, leave your smart and negative comments somewhere else. 

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Manu Mysterious said:

I'm premium and it shows me the last three months only... and there is another problem, if you bought several items and there is no product name listed how do you want to figure out what it had been? 

You should probably read my response to Littleme..

Also if there was a way to see it all the way back in transaction history and I knew the  name of who I bought it from, I would just use the filter and type in the name of who I bought it from, then clicked filter to filter out all the rest of the transactions to show just that name.

But as Littleme informed me, that wasn't transaction history of Lindens , but of USD transactions.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Manu Mysterious said:

And do me a favour PLEASE, leave your smart and negative comments somewhere else. 

it's a forum ,realistic answers are also given, not just warm fluffy blankets to be kept warm and comfortable.
And what you think might be a bit to much... eternal files storing for whining customers that lost items... nah...

• Sad 1

19 minutes ago, Alwin Alcott said:

it's a forum ,realistic answers are also given, not just warm fluffy blankets to be kept warm and comfortable.
And what you think might be a bit to much... eternal files storing for whining customers that lost items... nah...

If it were RL, yes, a business is expected to retain those records indefinitely. In many cases, by law. This is certainly true of the US.

11 hours ago, Manu Mysterious said:

I know its extra work.

It actually is not. I think most big vendor systems, it is automatic for the creator. They only have to rezz a redelivery terminal and anything that is copy and not disabled for redelivery will be available. I use Caspervend and it is zero extra effort for me to offer the service. I know it is known that i work for Caspertech so i would like to include that i would be very surprised if it was not the case for the other vendor systems.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

This is why I prefer shopping on the Marketplace. I can order redelivery myself, no need for terminals or sending notecards around.

Shopping on the Marketplace alone is not an option. A lot of creators dont bother with MP anymore because of its cumbersome nature. Plus you can save a lot of money by shopping inworld. Thats where the bargains and promos are!

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Jules Catlyn said:

It actually is not. I think most big vendor systems, it is automatic for the creator.

think you skipped the post from LIttleMe  .. a wellknown vendor system disappeared in a fluff of smoke... and also voluntary system changes can make that history poofs.

1 hour ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

If it were RL, yes, a business is expected to retain those records indefinitely. In many cases, by law. This is certainly true of the US.

And it's for sure not a law to keep record in a virtual world untill the sun doesnt rise anymore. ( and we don't buy the items, just the "use" of it.)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Alwin Alcott said:

think you skipped the post from LIttleMe  .. a wellknown vendor system disappeared in a fluff of smoke... and also voluntary system changes can make that history poofs.

I saw the post. I was referring to the currently available systems and their capabilities. Creators did the possibility to port data over, Many could not be bothered.  And i dont think Hippo disappeared in a puff of smoke. It was more of slowly sinking ship that people chose to stay on regardless of the warning signs. E2V is another systems that left the market. They made sure that their customers could transition to other systems including taking their sales history with them.

7 minutes ago, Jules Catlyn said:

Shopping on the Marketplace alone is not an option. A lot of creators dont bother with MP anymore because of its cumbersome nature. Plus you can save a lot of money by shopping inworld. Thats where the bargains and promos are!

You took me there! ☺️ I had filled my basket with 10 items, and suddenly decided I would look closer at them inworld. I am sure I saved 500L. That was only flowers, rugs and small decor, so it is not a disaster if I can't get them replaced. I shop much more in the stores because of the weekend sales.

But if it's not a sale inworld, and it is an expensive item like a house, I buy it on the MP if it is there.

46 minutes ago, Alwin Alcott said:

And it's for sure not a law to keep record in a virtual world untill the sun doesnt rise anymore. ( and we don't buy the items, just the "use" of it.)

It's simply good business practice to keep proper records. Anyone in business who doesn't keep proper records will eventually pay a price. Worst case being they lose all their customers and have to close up shop because no one wants to buy from someone who doesn't keep proper records. Doesn't matter if it's SL, RL, or some other platform. Good business practices have a place everywhere you go.

Hippo existed up until 2018. It's just that the person who bought out the original creator didn't do support or updates or anything. So it pretty much died right after it was acquired from the original owner/creator. The puff of smoke was just the gasses finally escaping from the cadaver.

Edited by Silent Mistwalker
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

While I cannot speak for the US but at least do a quick Google research, this information seems to be not fully correct. I read that for small businesses, which would obviously apply to most SL creators, the average time span to keep such records like receipts or transactions was 3 years (tax income etc), maximum about 7 years. If and how law applies here already when it is about transactions with a currency that is not real money, or if it only applies from the moment on when a creator is actually transfering L$ to US$, would need to be answered by an expert. And chances are that depending on the country, different law interpretation is to be expected.

Apart from that, while some may disagree to what Alwin said, he actually has a point there. It is thanks to the courtesy of SL creators to make a redelivery available at all. We are used to it for years now, so we expect it, and think that it was standard. But actually, it is not. Back in the days of SL when we did not have such systems that included a redelivery option, in most cases of having deleted accidentally an item, the only thing you could do is: buy again. 

For the OP, of course, I hope you can get (most of) your lost items back.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 928 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.