Customer support - re-delivery terminals in mainstores

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 928 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

2 hours ago, Yukiko Yeshto said:

While I cannot speak for the US but at least do a quick Google research, this information seems to be not fully correct. I read that for small businesses, which would obviously apply to most SL creators, the average time span to keep such records like receipts or transactions was 3 years (tax income etc), maximum about 7 years. If and how law applies here already when it is about transactions with a currency that is not real money, or if it only applies from the moment on when a creator is actually transfering L$ to US$, would need to be answered by an expert. And chances are that depending on the country, different law interpretation is to be expected.

Apart from that, while some may disagree to what Alwin said, he actually has a point there. It is thanks to the courtesy of SL creators to make a redelivery available at all. We are used to it for years now, so we expect it, and think that it was standard. But actually, it is not. Back in the days of SL when we did not have such systems that included a redelivery option, in most cases of having deleted accidentally an item, the only thing you could do is: buy again. 

For the OP, of course, I hope you can get (most of) your lost items back.

The 7 years is an IRS regulation for individuals.

I'll just take my lifetime of work in the accounting field and go home since I apparently don't know a thing about accounting and the laws governing accounting in the US. I just worked in accounting my whole life. I know nothing about it.

Ta.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

The 7 years is an IRS regulation for individuals.

I'll just take my lifetime of work in the accounting field and go home since I apparently don't know a thing about accounting and the laws governing accounting in the US. I just worked in accounting my whole life. I know nothing about it.

Ta.

A lovely way to entirely misunderstand what I said. We can sort it out in private message if wanted. I won't discuss on such a level though. Not cool.

• 2 weeks later...

Update:
The furniture folder with categorized sub folders are lost forever, no way to get them back by LL, the LL terms (wikipage) are clear on that. I got support by LL, because if you crash in a region and lose stuff, there is a chance to get back stuff. I am not the only one who had to deal with this problem, I will come back to it later. 

Suggestions from LL support. They initiated a back-end inventory process to attempt a recovery. For the troubleshooting purpose you have to log into the SL viewer. Next step is to leave your Avatar in a mainland region like Lime or smith for 10 minutes while your inventor loads. This didn't work out because what happened to me was not a crash + inventory loss. the folders got lost while I organized my inventory.

The following LL respond should be read twice: Unfortunately we do not possess the ability to restore any items, as we DO NOT MAINTAIN BACKUPS of ANY ACCOUNT INVENTORY. 
That's fact and can be found in the LL terms/wiki. 

1. I can NOT backup my SL inventory to my local computer when I am NOT the creator. Of course I could make screenshots from my inventory of all what I bought over 14 years and put into in excel sheet. Which customer/resident is doing this? I'm not. 

2. In regard to the redelivery terminals. They are a great idea if they would be maintained, I mentioned it. I figured out, often the purchases who are made inworld at mainstores are listed. Gachas ore if the products are on events available for a special price are not, even when you bought them there. This may be various by the creator. I don't blame them for that, I just mention it. If I say redelivery terminals inworld are a great help/customer support, I judge it as great customer SERVICE. Like we could read, creators might have a different understanding about that. I can speak only for my experiences in SL and RL. The argument if you lose some stuff in RL, you would not get it redelivered is not correct, therefore are insurances who could solve it in RL. On the other hand in my country there exist customer service called KULANZ and Guarantee. Kulanz means, if you bought a washing automat or a car and one peace gets lost or broken they will not tell you, your fault, trash it and buy new again! Especially not if you are a good customer who bought over years from this company. And that's what I meant with standard service. If there wouldn't exist redelivery terminals in SL, I would understand this argument, but they exist in most shops/mainstores in SL and in the end, it is just a question of how you keep them maintained or NOT. 

3. Like I mentioned before, I'm not the only one who had exactly the same problem, read here Inventory loss 
I find it a bit odd that exactly the same happened to people and the big questionmark about circles above my head- could it be a bug maybe? 

Lastly, I could save over 1.000 items from delivery terminals, special thanks to those creators who redelivered it manually also.  

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, Manu Mysterious said:

But for those who are still dealing with inventory loss, if the redelivery terminals are not maintained and you bought stuff at the MP, don't check your transaction history for redelivery, check your purchases - your order history. There you will find everything you ever bought at the MP.  

You can have your own redelivery terminal. The store doesn't necessarily need to have one. I have one from Caspervend in my basement/garage.

caspervend_001.jpg

• Like 1

On 9/1/2021 at 1:41 AM, Manu Mysterious said:

The following LL respond should be read twice: Unfortunately we do not possess the ability to restore any items, as we DO NOT MAINTAIN BACKUPS of ANY ACCOUNT INVENTORY. 
That's fact and can be found in the LL terms/wiki. 

They do maintain backups, they are just not backups for the consumer side, they are mass backups, meaning the 300+ petabytes of data they have,  they have redundancies, but they have no working method to extract that information and do per person backups.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Finite said:

You can have your own redelivery terminal. The store doesn't necessarily need to have one. I have one from Caspervend in my basement/garage.

caspervend_001.jpg

Thank you!  You just answered a question I've had for a very long time but just didn't have the cash to spare to buy one and test my theory. Now I know my money won't be wasted! 

I wonder if this idea works with other vendor systems that offer redelivery... no, that's not a guinea pig hint. 🤭

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

Thank you!  You just answered a question I've had for a very long time but just didn't have the cash to spare to buy one and test my theory. Now I know my money won't be wasted! 

I wonder if this idea works with other vendor systems that offer redelivery... no, that's not a guinea pig hint. 🤭

I haven't tried with others yet. The one I got is full perm though. I can't remember if the script is however. I am sure once you got the web address for the others from the instore redelivery it wouldn't be too hard to script or get someone to script it for you.

6 minutes ago, Finite said:

I haven't tried with others yet. The one I got is full perm though. I can't remember if the script is however. I am sure once you got the web address for the others from the instore redelivery it wouldn't be too hard to script or get someone to script it for you.

CasperVend scripts are no mod/no trans. 

5 minutes ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

CasperVend scripts are no mod/no trans. 

Ya i kind of figured but I think the script only needs to open a website. I found a few of these on the MP but I haven't tried them out yet or anything.

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/URL-Loader-Website-Visitor-Touch-Full-Permissions/20891758

edit: imma go test one

Edited by Finite
  • Like 1

That 10L one I posted works and is full perm. Only need to change the web address to whatever the store uses for your redeliver. The Caspervend one will show all your items you bought from every vendor that uses Caspervend. But if you have a favorite store that doesn't use Caspervend you can just go to that store and click the redeliver and use whatever web address it sends you. I set one up for Gabriel.

test_001.jpg

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Finite said:

Ya i kind of figured but I think the script only needs to open a website. I found a few of these on the MP but I haven't tried them out yet or anything.

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/URL-Loader-Website-Visitor-Touch-Full-Permissions/20891758

edit: imma go test one

I wonder how well something like this would sell.

And yes that is a sort of a hint. ☺️

Would people want to have their very own redelivery terminal that can access/store all purchase info (except the MP) from various vendor systems? I would.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

I wonder how well something like this would sell.

And yes that is a sort of a hint. ☺️

Would people want to have their very own redelivery terminal that can access/store all purchase info (except the MP) from various vendor systems? I would.

ha maybe can set up a redelivery hub and leave a tip jar or something xD

• Haha 1

Just now, Finite said:

ha maybe can set up a redelivery hub and leave a tip jar or something xD

Yeah, I don't think that would work but since I don't have the script I can't see if it uses the avatar UUID or just how that works.

If I didn't already have a few projects going all at once I'd start digging into this myself. You've given me a place to start though for when I do have time so thank you for that! 🤫🤭

21 minutes ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

Yeah, I don't think that would work but since I don't have the script I can't see if it uses the avatar UUID or just how that works.

If I didn't already have a few projects going all at once I'd start digging into this myself. You've given me a place to start though for when I do have time so thank you for that! 🤫🤭

Ya true. I didn't think of that. The Caspervend redelivery sold on the MP is not avatar specific. But the links you copy from the store would be. So my caspvend vendor would work for anyone but my GB one would only work for me. Unless I can find an MD Labs redelivery that works like the Caspervend does but I didn't see any for them on the MP.

Edit: I noticed this line in the script of the GB one.  llLoadURL(llDetectedKey(x) so maybe it does check UUID? Edit:x2 Just tried on an alt and it took me to Finite's redelivery lol so NOPE.

Edited by Finite

4 minutes ago, Finite said:

Ya true. I didn't think of that. The Caspervend redelivery sold on the MP is not avatar specific. But the links you copy from the store would be. So my caspvend vendor would work for anyone but my GB one would only work for me. Unless I can find an MD Labs redelivery that works like the Caspervend does but I didn't see any for them on the MP.

Edit: I noticed this line in the script of the GB one.  llLoadURL(llDetectedKey(x) so maybe it does check UUID?

I'm not a scripter so I can't answer that. I'm guessing it does from the look of it. I can figure out what some things are for but most of it turns my brain to mush. 

Maybe @Rolig Loon can answer it?

3 hours ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

Maybe @Rolig Loon can answer it?

Not really, at least not given just that little bit of information.  The LSL function llLoadURL just opens a web page in your browser.  It expects the key of the person who's requesting the display (you),  a label, and the URL of the web page (which you might guess is the vendor's web site, or Caspervend's).  You don't really need a script to do that much, since you can open the web site yourself if you have the URL.  I have no idea how you find your own transactions once you get into the site.

• Thanks 1

I do have one of the Caspervend redelivery box at my home - it will take me to a page of all my Caspervend purchases from all stores.

I keep the page for the BSM system bookmarked and then just go to it when I want to check it for an item - Substitute your UUID key into the end of that where noted.  It lists all purchases from all stores that use that system:
http://www.bejamble.net/kioskPast.php?pin=8f9d6df07c4f85ec34d7d6d09d8a0397ca2d8f6d&u=AVATAR_UUID

Side note - For stores that use BSM and Store Credit, you can also see your current credit value at all stores by going to this BSM page - again, put in your UUID at the end:
http://www.bejamble.net/kioskCredit.php?pin=8f9d6df07c4f85ec34d7d6d09d8a0397ca2d8f6d&u=AVATAR_UUID  

There are a few other systems in use and I've been meaning to either bookmark web pages or create an inworld box, but haven't gotten around to it.  I don't tend to do redeliveries too often.

Great ideas but I already have way, way too many pages bookmarked. That's why I've been kicking the redelivery terminal thing around for a while. I want to get away from having thousands of bookmarks and a "personal" terminal would do that. I'd just want to avoid having to rez a new one for each vendor system if I could have them all in one.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 928 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.