How Does Your SL Look Today?

Bagnu

Just landed my ship on the planet, I decided to step out and get some fresh air and watch the sunset.

Snapshot_217.thumb.jpg.4b03e0b663ff50a9eff81ff0e9f873a8.jpg

As the sun slowly fades behind the horizon, I stare off to the sky thinking of what adventure awaits me next.

Snapshot_227.thumb.jpg.4ef174e45bee400efb8d47c515de7a3b.jpg

Edited by Istelathis
  • Like 13

17 hours ago, Nalates Urriah said:

I understand the new models come with a fire-control computer for those  l o n g  200yd shots...

Awesome disguise... I'm still trying to figure out who these stealthy people are... 😳

😆

OMG, you recognized us as Istelathis and Eddy Vortex? 

• Haha 5

25 minutes ago, Bagnu said:

OMG, you recognized us as Istelathis and Eddy Vortex? 

Now that the forum knows,  we are going to have to throw them in the Volcano..  It is the only way...

/me ponders for a moment

Or...

we could assimilate them all

Welcome to the collective, SL Forums!

Resistance is futile, you will all be part of the PBR collective.  

Edited by Istelathis
  • Haha 8

So, actually, how my SL looked a few days ago.

I have very vague memories of the British scifi series "Space 1999" (1975-1977, I think). I gather it didn't get much air time in the US, but here in Canada it was in reruns on the CBC well into the 80s, which is when I must have experienced it. I remember the basic premise: the moon is blasted out of earth orbit and goes "wandering" through space with its human inhabitants on a moon station established there. I have only one really concrete memory of watching it though -- a scene where a window breaks and someone is sucked out onto the vacuum of the moon's surface. It utterly traumatized me (I was probably about 10 when I saw it? Or thereabouts?)

ANYWAY, a friend of mine is a fan of the series, and has built a pretty extensive reconstruction of Moon Base Alpha; he also equipped me with a uniform from the series which he or someone else had commissioned/made for SL, so I took a pic of myself for him there.

By coincidence, and the reason I'm even posting this really, @SlammedSam mentioned the series today in an IM to me. Synchronicity!

Not a brilliant shot, but I did look at some stills from the series, and it's not a bad reproduction of the look of the show, maybe.

Space-1999-(SM)Blank.thumb.png.e452683ebcea13f355c46a6673851297.png

• Like 15
  • Thanks 3

5 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

By coincidence, and the reason I'm even posting this really, @SlammedSam mentioned the series today in an IM to me. Synchronicity!

Far out! @Scylla Rhiadra Hooray for mentions! =D

I grew up on the assorted sci-fi things of the 70s and 80s, and have fond memories of seeing commercials for the very first Star Wars toys during Saturday morning cartoons.

As for myself, I had a lovely balloon date with my better half. ^^

Balloon ride!

• Like 16

15 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

So, actually, how my SL looked a few days ago.

I have very vague memories of the British scifi series "Space 1999" (1975-1977, I think). I gather it didn't get much air time in the US, but here in Canada it was in reruns on the CBC well into the 80s, which is when I must have experienced it. I remember the basic premise: the moon is blasted out of earth orbit and goes "wandering" through space with its human inhabitants on a moon station established there. I have only one really concrete memory of watching it though -- a scene where a window breaks and someone is sucked out onto the vacuum of the moon's surface. It utterly traumatized me (I was probably about 10 when I saw it? Or thereabouts?)

ANYWAY, a friend of mine is a fan of the series, and has built a pretty extensive reconstruction of Moon Base Alpha; he also equipped me with a uniform from the series which he or someone else had commissioned/made for SL, so I took a pic of myself for him there.

Not a brilliant shot, but I did look at some stills from the series, and it's not a bad reproduction of the look of the show, maybe.

I used to watch the show. You are a very good approximation of Helena Russell!!! And the look of the command center of moonbase alpha certainly captures the feel!!!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Flying around on my hoverbike 😊

Snapshot_248.thumb.jpg.a1244242579853f811cfa43f3e706c2a.jpg

Floating around in Bellisseria with no security orbs in sight

Snapshot_251.thumb.jpg.78604f1eb9e7c6b5141f41b86c2bd749.jpg

Now I'm keeping myself grounded in mainland, hopefully this hoverbike handles well on the roads.

Snapshot_252.thumb.jpg.b47fb4d90ebca7d25265e46fda8eddf0.jpg

• Like 16