How Does Your SL Look Today?

6 minutes ago, Rolig Loon said:

It's still early for me to be planting a garden. Leaves are just starting to come out on some of the trees, and there's still another month for frost or even a late snow. It's not too early to sit and think about it, though. I have to get seedlings started.

RoligGarden2-26-2023_001.thumb.png.c437fc451913000e6557b1453dc14057.png

As a newly minted fellow gardener, I hope you will be posting progress pics?

• Like 2

My imagination is wild, but for Dutch estate I base its layout on RL examples. Waterland, for instance, is partly based on Zaandam and Broek op Waterland. Even the cupid I saw in a Dutch garden of an old Manor. But is it reality? It's a bit like Magritte. It looks like RL but of course it is still imagination. 'Ceci n'est pas une pipe.'

Zaanse-Schans.png

Snapshot_2081208286_002.png

Edited by archangel969
  • Like 13

On 2/25/2023 at 5:46 AM, Istelathis said:

Uploading images and framing them for pictures in my house, I thought some of you might enjoy some of these Chelsea Hotel pictures of us that have been filtered  and put in my home 🙃

Snapshot_1270.thumb.png.3d227f5da240701f224d4baab67f1fe7.png

HCFat.thumb.jpg.fa722497a352bab4bc87947df09af80e.jpg

ElevatorUp.thumb.jpg.f8de2f4bd211019c5892661ea5a5ce9d.jpg

HCbright.thumb.jpg.5a65a335a8ad031a707b480eef51716b.jpg

I'm still moving them around the house, finding places to put them all.  Some of them will likely go in other properties, some of them will stay here :D  

Oh yes! Very Munch-like, I love that.

Edvard_Munch_-_Melancholy_(1894-96).jpg

• Like 10

39 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

As a newly minted fellow gardener, I hope you will be posting progress pics?

Mine's a flower garden.  I don't have the patience for growing veggies. I do love having a surprise splash of color around, though, so I plan small beds here and there as accents around the area. That little potting area just outside the wall is a nice sheltered spot to get a few things started while the weather is still iffy.

• Like 7

20 minutes ago, archangel969 said:

'Those we love don't go away. They walk beside us every day.' It's carved on the foot of the mourning statue next to a pair of family crosses in the park of villa Utrecht. And that is exactly how I experience it. As long as I live, I carry my deceased loved ones with me.

Snapshot_2081208280_001.png

i carry your heart with me (i carry it in
my heart) i am never without it (anywhere
i go you go, my dear; and whatever is done
by only me is your doing, my darling)
                                  i fear
no fate (for you are my fate, my sweet) i want
no world (for beautiful you are my world, my true)
and it's you are whatever a moon has always meant
and whatever a sun will always sing is you

here is the deepest secret nobody knows
(here is the root of the root and the bud of the bud
and the sky of the sky of a tree called life; which grows
higher than soul can hope or mind can hide)
and this is the wonder that's keeping the stars apart

i carry your heart (i carry it in my heart)

- e.e cummings
  • Like 10

2 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Yes I did, because modern feminism isn't an "advocacy" group for women or one side in an imagined "gender wars" conflict: it's about rethinking everything we do in order to create a better, more equitable society for everyone, including men. Feminism critiques the sorts of cultural straight jacket men have been forced into -- "don't show your emotions, always be strong, masculinity is violence" -- in order to free them as well. Most feminists (myself definitely included) like and value men: they aren't "the opposition," yet alone "the enemy." We want them free to achieve their own full potential too.

A good primer on this is bell hooks' Feminism Is for Everybody:

And now we need to end this discussion here before it gets flagged and sponsors complaints.

Fair enough, and I agree that we should end the discussion here.  It's a discussion though,  not an argument. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

I would put this in Portraits of Friendship, but the OP here doesn't mind a bit of narrative being added to a photo.

We decided to switch from winter outfits to summer ones while on the dancefloor.  I told him that women know how to change clothes without showing anything important.  I have a whole process, and, with some planning, the change can be done quickly and seamlessly.  My process:

1. Prepare your new outfit. Locate outfit in inventory and have it all ready to click.  Use several windows if needed.

2. Start. BOM underthings first, then change shoes.

3. Check your alphas in both the body HUD and worn items.

4. New shirt over old sweater, remove sweater.

5. Skirt over pants, remove pants.

6. Repeat until everything is changed.

Works great.  Nothing important is shown. You have a chance to let everything rez properly.  It can be done VERY fast.

His process, zero prep time:

1 Alpha whole body

2 Remove all clothes, check inventory, select a new outfit, and add new clothes.

3 Un-alpha whole body.

Fine, fewer steps, but I was not a dancing brain, ribcage, and lungs for several minutes while locating new clothes. He also lost points for not having shoes on. (I made up that rule at the end.)

I have an even quicker method. Wear a saved outfit.  No muss, no fuss...

Edited by Bagnu

2 hours ago, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

That does not work to keep a person's important parts covered.  It strips you, then takes it time putting the new stuff back on.  You WILL be naked.

LOL... So? 

Edited by Bagnu